#1 2009-06-08 18:43:06

My partner and I went to see the radiologist today for a follow-up after his latest series of radiation treatments.  The CAT Scan he had last week shows he doesn’t have any significant hot spots at this time.  His lab work shows he is moderately anemic, which explains why he is always cold and has no energy.  We will be seeing his oncologist for his long-acting female hormone shot* in two weeks and to get the results of lab work that will be drawn between now and then.  If the anemia isn’t beginning to resolve itself by then, a transfusion or medication may be necessary to deal with the anemia.  Other than the anemia, things are looking pretty good and we may get to enjoy a period of relative normality in our lives.

I want to apologize to Dirkman for hijacking the thread about his mother.  Also I would like to thank everyone for their concern.

*This is to control his cancer; my partner is not in the process of becoming female.  He is less than thrilled by the side effects of this treatment to put it mildly.

#2 2009-06-08 19:13:36

My 89 year old father/old goat has prostate cancer, actually he has 3 types of cancer, all which seem to be in a period of non-activity/remission.  I wish you and the partner a bit of calm.  I have seen several  men go into remission at the stage your partner seems to be/from what I am reading.

#3 2009-06-08 19:28:15

My father had three different forms of cancer during his last years and had significant periods of remission.  In fact, it was damage to his circulatory system caused by chemo and radiation that killed him, not one of his cancers.  His death was caused by an abdominal aneurysm that ruptured and killed much of his small bowel.

#4 2009-06-08 19:29:56

As with Dirck, I'm sorry you're going through this, fnord.  Other people's pain can be the most difficult.

I've baited you in the past, and I respect the fact you've never risen to it.  You're the only Cruel old-timer here who still posts often and well.  Thanks.

Wait...a...minute...  you're either female or gay.  I never get the memos :(

#5 2009-06-08 19:32:52

fnord wrote:

My partner and I went to see the radiologist today for a follow-up after his

fnord's gay?

...or a woman?

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!

!

??!

!?

I'm always the last to know.

Anyway, fnordy, I disagree with you on a number of issues but I sincerely hope your loved one has the best of fortune in his treatments.  Good luck to you both.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-06-08 19:35:10)

#6 2009-06-08 19:37:37

jesusluvspegging wrote:

fnord's gay?

...or a woman?

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!

!

??!

!?

Yeah, that was my reaction... Fnord was on Cruel before I was and this is news to me.

Last edited by opsec (2009-06-08 19:39:00)

#7 2009-06-08 19:39:33

fnord wrote:

My father had three different forms of cancer during his last years and had significant periods of remission.  In fact, it was damage to his circulatory system caused by chemo and radiation that killed him, not one of his cancers.  His death was caused by an abdominal aneurysm that ruptured and killed much of his small bowel.

He pulled way back, way back for the chemo (once every 3 months, low, low dosage only as needed).   He opted for no radiation what so ever.  It seems to be working for him

#8 2009-06-08 19:40:31

In all the years Fnord has posted, he never once stated preferences in mating activity, except that he liked big, I mean really big black guys?  What was there to miss?

#9 2009-06-08 19:44:08

I'm glad to see the gloves are off again and everyone feels free to resume their customary abuse!

#10 2009-06-08 19:58:57

Don't mistake humor for hostility, fnord, Dusty's racist-sized homoerotic fantasies aside.

#11 2009-06-08 20:03:08

opsec wrote:

Don't mistake humor for hostility, fnord, Dusty's racist-sized homoerotic fantasies aside.

I'm not.  After posting in Dirkman's thread I realized I might have thrown a wet blanket on any humor involving me.  The remarks in this thread show things are back to normal.

Last edited by fnord (2009-06-08 20:04:50)

#12 2009-06-08 20:06:21

fnord wrote:

opsec wrote:

I'm not.  After posting in Dirkman's thread I realized I might have thrown a wet blanket on any humor involving me.  The remarks in this thread show things are back to normal.

I notice you've failed to clear up the question at hand: are you a gay man or a straight woman?  Or both?

#13 2009-06-08 20:08:03

fnord wrote:

After posting in Dirkman's thread I realized I might have thrown a wet blanket on any humor involving me.  .

Not a chance

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#14 2009-06-08 20:09:50

jesusluvspegging wrote:

I notice you've failed to clear up the question at hand: are you a gay man or a straight woman?  Or both?

Or maybe neither.  I’m going to let you reason this one out for yourself!

#15 2009-06-08 20:17:11

fnord wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Or maybe neither.  I’m going to let you reason this one out for yourself!

Fag.

#16 2009-06-08 20:25:18

opsec wrote:

You are so fucking unfair, here I was trying to insert a bit of levity into this leaden thread, and you throw some cheap ass Freudian middle class bs analytical shite at me.  It won't stick.  He could do Nuns and I wouldn't care.

#17 2009-06-08 20:49:57

Dmtdust wrote:

opsec wrote:

You are so fucking unfair, here I was trying to insert a bit of levity into this leaden thread, and you throw some cheap ass Freudian middle class bs analytical shite at me.  It won't stick.  He could do Nuns and I wouldn't care.

How times have changed.  When I was a slightly younger poster, if someone took a cheap shot, you threw it back in their face.  Now we whine?

#18 2009-06-08 21:15:17

I'll have cheese with that whine.  No, I was being catty.  Look at my emoticons fer godz sake.

#19 2009-06-08 21:28:26

I am pretty sure I remember Fnord posting a photo of HIMself ages ago.  So that would give us another poofter in this here pool!

Anyhow, poofter comments aside, I hope your loved one enjoys peace and comfort
however he can get it.

That will not stop me from offering to spear your brown star with 900 over ripe pickles...

#20 2009-06-08 21:37:21

So, if fnord is gay, then, by fnord's understanding of genetics, his dad was/is gay too.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-06-08 21:37:36)

#21 2009-06-08 21:44:46

Roger_That wrote:

I am pretty sure I remember Fnord posting a photo of HIMself ages ago.  So that would give us another poofter in this here pool!

however he can get it.

That will not stop me from offering to spear your brown star with 900 over ripe pickles...

Ladies first!  After you have a session in the sucky bed with your brown star exposed for action at the High-Street convention, we can talk about the over ripe pickles!

#22 2009-06-08 22:01:54

Roger_That wrote:

however he can get it.

"He" could be a very butchy dyke, you know.  I've run across a few bruisers.

#23 2009-06-08 22:05:07

headkicker_girl wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

however he can get it.

"He" could be a very butchy dyke, you know.  I've run across a few bruisers.

Going by the pictures, he has as much facial hair as the majority of the Dykes in Portland.  The jury is out. 

Woggah... you are so into anal.  This is like the third comment in as many days I think with a reference.  Have you been converted to the dark side?  Pics, Pls.

#24 2009-06-08 22:10:40

Wait.  Fnord is gay?  I want my money back.

http://f.imagehost.org/0938/gaykkk.jpg

#25 2009-06-08 22:25:22

I think Pho Q hit it on the head with that photo.  Nice.

And no, I haven't changed my outlook on anal.  I just like to keep in character, and since I haven't been around here in awhile, I feel like I need to catch up quickly.

Fnord's Gay Fnord's Gay Fnord's Gay!!!

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Pooper Puckerstar Pecker Pickles!

#26 2009-06-08 22:42:49

Woggah finally surrenders to her inner desires...  Hai!

#27 2009-06-08 23:21:34

Don't feel bad about hopping in on my thread earlier there Fnord....  Even if you are gay that's cool with me, it'll just make the place a little more interesting having a gay white separatist around.

#28 2009-06-08 23:56:44

First of all, fuck JLP for being here to state the reaction I had before I could get back onto the site.

Second, WTFBBQOMGLOL, fnord's a geh?

Didn't you go on about some nephews or something coming out and how the rest of the family went ape shit but you were the only one this family member could turn to.  That makes a whole lot more sense now.

Fuckin hell.  Fnord's geh.  Next you people will tell me that Toe is alright.

#29 2009-06-08 23:58:23

Dmtdust wrote:

In all the years Fnord has posted, he never once stated preferences in mating activity, except that he liked big, I mean really big black guys?  What was there to miss?

Watching Oz on HBO must have sent his brain into vapor lock.

#30 2009-06-09 00:31:30

Scotty wrote:

First of all, fuck JLP for being here to state the reaction I had before I could get back onto the site.

Didn't you go on about some nephews or something coming out and how the rest of the family went ape shit but you were the only one this family member could turn to.  That makes a whole lot more sense now.

YES  Toe is alright, more than so.

D

#31 2009-06-09 03:33:16

Fnord's gay? Bullshit. Next thing you're gonna tell me is Headkick is black.

#32 2009-06-09 10:50:28

Dmtdust wrote:

Scotty wrote:

YES  Toe is alright, more than so.

D

I've met Toe, she helped out a bit when my Ex was ill and Melon's was gone - I can attest to the fact that she is mighty alright.

#33 2009-06-09 12:46:58

http://i41.tinypic.com/nz3qqe.jpg

Last edited by icangetyouatoe (2009-06-09 17:50:35)

#34 2009-06-09 12:48:48

Fnord, I'm really sorry. Noone deserves to go through this kind of crap. You have always sounded like a faithful friend and relative to you and yours, I hope you are reaping in kind right now.

#35 2009-06-09 14:54:05

Fnordonovichka,

I hope all goes well with your beau, and godspeed his recovery.

But if you're pulling a fast one on everyone bub, I'll be  first out
of the gate to congratulate you on such excellent Horsemanship.
This one's right out of  my play book (although I never played a "gay card" before). 

Each time that I visit here I find new reasons to be proud of my legacy.  But I admit, this one's a stumper.   I seem to recall you mentioning that you live or once lived in Frisco?  Hmm, could be a clue.  Are you into William Vollman? 

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what is the best "flavored" personal lubricant on the market, in your opinion?

Last edited by Horseonovich (2009-06-09 14:55:04)

#36 2009-06-09 15:04:55

icangetyouatoe wrote:

Noone deserves to go through this kind of crap.

Yeah, fuck him and all the hermits!

http://www.parsec-santa.com/celebrity/celebs4/PeterNoone.jpg

Sorry, I echo toe's sentiments, but I had to do something about the "noone" thing. Please understand, fnord, no disrespect, but my hands are tied on this one.

#37 2009-06-10 01:20:14

Ops wrote:

Don't mistake humor for hostility . . .

Hmm . . .  All-Ways thought that they were the same damned thing.  That shows you "How much I know."

#38 2009-06-30 16:27:11

Just a quick update on what’s happening in my life.  My partner’s cancer appears to be going into remission.  His most recent PSA level was 0.3 (this is at the very low end of a normal level, a man with active prostate cancer will have a very high PSA level), and his last CAT Scan showed no significant lesions.  He is still anemic, but his hemoglobin is beginning to go up.  We have started taking long walks to build his strength back up.  If all continues to go well, I will be looking for work soon.

#39 2009-06-30 16:35:34

I am glad to hear it.  I've stayed out of this, since I don't have a prostate; but my father beat his own cancer diagnosis quite handily several years back.  Hope it continues to go well.  Also, good luck in finding a job (provided you don't get mine).

#40 2009-06-30 16:51:58

fnord wrote:

Just a quick update on what’s happening in my life.  My partner’s cancer appears to be going into remission.  His most recent PSA level was 0.3 (this is at the very low end of a normal level, a man with active prostate cancer will have a very high PSA level), and his last CAT Scan showed no significant lesions.  He is still anemic, but his hemoglobin is beginning to go up.  We have started taking long walks to build his strength back up.  If all continues to go well, I will be looking for work soon.

Butt sex soon!

#41 2009-06-30 17:48:01

fnord wrote:

That's fantastic.

#42 2009-06-30 18:56:51

Good for you both. Best wishes. Cancer is an evil motherfucker and needs to be hung.

#43 2009-06-30 21:17:18

This news buoyed me through my afternoon.  At least somewhere in the world something good is happening.  Our neighbor had a serious bicycle accident; she has been in and out of the hospital with concussion problems, including a malfunctioning pituitary.  She is out of the hospital for now. 

Fnord:  May you have years of love between you, and companionship together.

D

#44 2009-07-01 11:41:34

fnord wrote:

We have started taking long walks to build his strength back up.

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a800/a800_thumb.gif

#45 2009-07-02 00:54:35

I have a co-worker got infected with Hep C while young by her asshole rapist stepdad. She's been on an experimental treatment for about 8 months and her virus levels are down, down, down. Maybe the universe allows small miracles. Hope you guys get one.

#46 2009-07-02 04:17:27

Fnord, you know I have a burning hatred for your ideas about race, I haven't hidden them.  I hope you also know that I'm sincere when I say that I wish you and your partner the best.  Everyone is scared when it comes to the big 'C'.  Regardless of the outcome, if it's the best or the worst, make sure you connect with the ones you love so you have no rational reason for regret. **

** there will be plenty of irrational reasons no matter what happens, no reason to compound them

#47 2009-07-04 14:43:24

fnord wrote:

Congrats, and I hope things continue in this vein.

#48 2009-07-04 15:11:21

That's wonderful news, Fnord.

Last edited by icangetyouatoe (2009-07-04 15:19:10)

#49 2009-07-04 19:21:55

Why does this thread exist? Should I be forewarned of a Choad or Sofie topic of similar ilk? Why does no one send me the faxes, the email distribution lists... Honestly, I could have sworn stigmatizing Fnord was a function available in EVERY thread. I've already weathered my own Princess Bullshit "I Hate You" campaign. Gee, that was tough, like figuring out how to tie my shoelaces. Why does HS confuse me so much, lately?

BTW, I've gotten a sly offer to go back and review forums for a well known site. No point in name dropping. And, to be honest, being obligated to review things when you knew no one would take your advice was quite tedious. Anyone think I can blather my way into some pin money? (don't all raise your hands at once, you cunts).

#50 2009-07-04 19:52:59

You should absolutely take the reviewing gig, mainly because from what you've been saying lately you need work.  Also, you're not only great with the snark, but you can give coherent reasons for hating/liking something.  Just for gods' sakes leave H-S out of it.

Board footer

cruelery.com