#101 2009-07-26 11:40:39

Roger_That wrote:

MSG Tripps wrote:

Hey Roger_That.

I think Eastern Europe would be interesting.

I agree, highly.  Hence why I'm going there to teach English.  I have a friend that did this program a few years back and gave it rave reviews.  Plus, I'll eventually have residency in Prague, so that means I can then hop around all over Europe for awhile.  I plan to spend a year in Prague, then head over to Italy to teach there for a bit, then maybe hit Thailand or somewhere island-like.

Besides we all know I have a thing for foreign men...so I'd be able to get my fill.  haha.

I have a cousin who did this in the UAE for 10 years, till 9/11, and then moved to Thailand and are teaching there, now. He teaches English and his wife teaches yoga.

They love it. They plan on living in Thailand until they die.

When the time comes, let me know and I'll give you her email addy and she can not only hook you up with a teaching gig, but a boatload of pretty cool friends, as well!

She was born and raised in Sausalito, CA., and is stereotypically laid-back. She is a great cook and loves good wine. You guys would get along wonderfully.

Actually, come to think of it, I think I use to share her emails with you, back in the day. Duh!!! Sorry, you obviously remember. Anyway, let me know when Thai is your next hop and I'll hook you up. They are the nicest folk on Earth and have boatloads of friends in Thailand. They started going there 10 years before they moved there and already had an established network of friends, which is nice when you move somewhere like that.

Last edited by ptah13 (2009-07-26 11:48:12)

#102 2009-07-26 23:27:58

Emmeran wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

I had French and it was sour.  Gross.   The only frenchman that could sway me back would be Gilles Marini.

Not even this lad - he's Dimitri Szarzewski, the Hooker for the French Nat'l Rugby team

http://www.scrumoftheearth.com/rugby_ne … Hooker.jpg

Keep in mind he's like 6'2" and 275lbs.

Honestly, he's not really my type.  But that's not to say I couldn't be convinced to go there...

#103 2009-07-26 23:30:48

ptah13 wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

MSG Tripps wrote:

Hey Roger_That.

I think Eastern Europe would be interesting.

I agree, highly.  Hence why I'm going there to teach English.  I have a friend that did this program a few years back and gave it rave reviews.  Plus, I'll eventually have residency in Prague, so that means I can then hop around all over Europe for awhile.  I plan to spend a year in Prague, then head over to Italy to teach there for a bit, then maybe hit Thailand or somewhere island-like.

Besides we all know I have a thing for foreign men...so I'd be able to get my fill.  haha.

I have a cousin who did this in the UAE for 10 years, till 9/11, and then moved to Thailand and are teaching there, now. He teaches English and his wife teaches yoga.

They love it. They plan on living in Thailand until they die.

When the time comes, let me know and I'll give you her email addy and she can not only hook you up with a teaching gig, but a boatload of pretty cool friends, as well!

She was born and raised in Sausalito, CA., and is stereotypically laid-back. She is a great cook and loves good wine. You guys would get along wonderfully.

Actually, come to think of it, I think I use to share her emails with you, back in the day. Duh!!! Sorry, you obviously remember. Anyway, let me know when Thai is your next hop and I'll hook you up. They are the nicest folk on Earth and have boatloads of friends in Thailand. They started going there 10 years before they moved there and already had an established network of friends, which is nice when you move somewhere like that.

I was wondering if this was the program they did...or something similar too it.  If I can't land something immediately in Prague, I'd be open to whatever I can get anywhere in the world.  So, Thailand is not off the list of immediate possibilities.  I'll email you.  I have to sell this house first.  Then I'm done being stateside for awhile, maybe forever.  I'm done being a drone in the corporate world. 

Anyhow, Prague's TEFL class has received rave reviews and I've got contacts over there already (as can be witnessed by the repeated 4:30am phone calls I'm getting as of late.  UGH). 

I've spent the past week selling shit on craigslist, cleaning out closets, and donating crap I don't plan to store or take with me.  I feel so much lighter already.   Who needs all this g-damned shit anyhow.

#104 2009-07-26 23:38:49

Roger_That wrote:

I've spent the past week selling shit on craigslist, cleaning out closets, and donating crap I don't plan to store or take with me.  I feel so much lighter already.   Who needs all this g-damned shit anyhow.

I hate to admit that I want you to fail, however that has been my twilight career plan for the last decade and I'm not eager to have competition....

Last edited by Emmeran (2009-07-26 23:39:53)

#105 2009-07-26 23:45:17

Emmeran wrote:

I hate to admit that I want you to fail, however that has been my twilight career plan for the last decade and I'm not eager to have competition....

Failing is not an option.

#106 2009-07-26 23:51:10

Well I wish you the best plus lots of hot schlongs during your adventure!

#107 2009-07-29 00:29:18

fnord wrote:

Well I wish you the best plus lots of hot schlongs during your adventure!

Thanks, Fnord!   I am pretty sure I will get aschlong well, in Prague!

#108 2009-07-29 10:14:07

Roger_That wrote:

Thanks, Fnord!   I am pretty sure I will get asschlong well, in Prague!

Fixed.

#109 2009-07-29 13:04:20

Scotty wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

Fixed.

HA!  not a chance.

#110 2009-07-29 16:10:27

Roger_That wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

Fixed.

HA!  not a chance.

One day you'll surrender my pet, and wonder why you were so squeamish.  You'll add it to your routine, and astound the universe.  Don't wait, don't hesitate.

Board footer

cruelery.com