#1 2009-08-21 13:30:27

One highly controversial idea involves sexual selection: once sensitive light skin was no longer hazardous, as in Africa, it was selected for sexual attractiveness.
https://cruelery.com/uploads/30_white_man.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#2 2009-08-21 15:31:00

White women are regarded by most straight men, regardless of their own skin color, as the most attractive.  The sexual selection theory makes sense.

#3 2009-08-21 15:33:31

fnord wrote:

White women are regarded by most straight men, regardless of their own skin color, as the most attractive.  The sexual selection theory makes sense.

Wat.

I'd put it Brazilian, then (southern) Italian, then an Oriental/white mix, then miscellaneous Latin tied with whitey.

#4 2009-08-21 16:36:13

You, my friend, are lying.

Blonde hair, slimness and pale skin are indicators of youth thus breedability. 

Breedability is the only relavent factor in attractivness.

Dingo wrote:

We are but eight score young blondes and brunettes, all between sixteen and nineteen-and-a-half

So bring out the 16 year old blondes and let's get the party started.

Dingo wrote:

And after the spanking, the oral sex.

#5 2009-08-21 17:01:42

jesusluvspegging wrote:

fnord wrote:

Wat.

I'd put it Brazilian, then (southern) Italian, then an Oriental/white mix, then miscellaneous Latin tied with whitey.

Colombian. They may be all completely crazy and violent, but Colombian woman are smoking hot.

#6 2009-08-21 17:31:17

I love how guys act all selective and shit, but honestly, have you ever known a man to turn down pussy, period? Let alone fucking cavemen. No. It was the women who were responsible for the selection element of the process. (" I don't like his hair. That one always smells like meat. Orgo over there, he has a cute smile, no?")

#7 2009-08-21 17:32:30

Hey man, just cause I'm eating a burrito doesn't mean I don't wish I was eating filet mignon. I'll still eat the burrito, and enjoy the fuck out of it. So to speak.

Last edited by orangeplus (2009-08-21 17:38:00)

#8 2009-08-21 17:39:35

Damn a burrito sounds good right now

#9 2009-08-21 17:42:51

icangetyouatoe wrote:

I love how guys act all selective and shit, but honestly, have you ever known a man to turn down pussy, period? Let alone fucking cavemen. No. It was the women who were responsible for the selection element of the process. (" I don't like his hair. That one always smells like meat. Orgo over there, he has a cute smile, no?")

Yes, but all of them showed interest in her because she had blonde hair and blue eyes.  Her friend with black hair and dark brown eyes settled for the one who always smelled like meat because she knew her kids would never go hungry.

#10 2009-08-21 17:48:40

Fnord, you're such a romantic. O+, you got guac on your chin. I'm off to go  running so I don't end up a winker myself. Laters!

Last edited by icangetyouatoe (2009-08-21 17:54:27)

#11 2009-08-21 17:59:22

From what I always understood, human population was rather sparse up until modern times, and people didn't travel long distances to obtain mates. Wouldn't that have affected choice as far as there wouldn't have been a very wide selection in the first place, and that selection was limited to a relatively small geographical region, and also limited to choosing a mate of the same race, which at the time of diverging skin tones meant the same autosomal recessive genetic mutation (light hair and eyes). You could just as easily postulate that skin color is a result of endogamous inbreeding practices.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/3_englandw.jpg

Last edited by sofaking (2009-08-21 18:00:18)

#12 2009-08-21 18:04:27

orangeplus wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

fnord wrote:

Wat.

Colombian. They may be all completely crazy and violent, but Colombian woman are smoking hot.

And chances are they know where to get the good drugs.

#13 2009-08-21 19:29:18

For the record, the image is of Snowflake.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/30_snowflake.jpg

Last edited by MSG Tripps (2009-08-21 19:30:01)

#14 2009-08-21 19:34:31

MSG Tripps wrote:

For the record, the image is of Snowflake.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/30_snowflake.jpg

The prelude to adolescent interspecies sodomy?  Shame on you!

#15 2009-08-21 21:05:21

My theory is that human brains are hardwired to cause you hang out with people who look the most like like you and to fuck people who look the least like you, out of the locally available talent.

It follows that, among those of use unable to hold two contradictory thoughts at the same time, the tensions between these two motivations causes a great deal of the racist bullshit in the world.

#17 2009-08-22 03:09:24

Emmeran wrote:

You, my friend, are lying.

OOH RAH I'M EMMERAN AND I HAVE AN OPINION AND YOUR OPINION MUST BE THE SAME AS MY OPINION BECAUSE I'M OLD AND FART DUST.

#18 2009-08-22 09:18:47

Big boobies and barn door hips. What color they are isn't important to me for breeding.

#19 2009-08-22 11:04:01

jesusluvspegging wrote:

I'M OLD AND FART DUST.

Damn, did somone link us to AOL???

#20 2009-08-22 12:00:57

Emmeran wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

I'M OLD AND FART DUST.

Damn, did somone link us to AOL???

Your original statement was ridiculous.  I responded in kind.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-08-22 12:01:12)

#21 2009-08-22 12:56:23

It's nice to have opinions & thoughts and preferences & shit, but Sofie's right on this one.  Selective pressure re visible characteristics - sexual selection via mate choice -- probably only acts on males in our species.  Human males will fuck a hole in the ground, and if there aren't any live creatures or trees with knotholes around, might even fall in live with that hole in the ground, plant flowers around it, & try to make it a nicer place.  The nastiest, least-healthy, most infertile-looking human female on earth would have no problem getting laid if she made herself available & didn't insist on romance or commitment, which aren't needed for conception.  If there aren't any other women around, males would even compete for the privilege of draining her boils and try to "put a ring on it."

Female characteristics subject to selection are largely linked to offspring survival, vigor, and ability to conceive & bear more babies -- if males learn to like them, that's nice, but really not necessary.  These may include fat retention & distribution patterns, hip width, & relative youth.  Within breeding groups, younger people of both sexes tend to have fairer skin; when we see members of other ethnicities, races, or geographical origins who have fairer skin, we tend to under-estimate their ages.  Youth is a fairly reliable indicator of relative reproductive potential, but so far I don't think anyone's looked into whether women with lighter skin relative to their own ethnic group achieve higher overall reproductive success.

Oh, and among common chimps, males will preferentially mate with females who show signs of age -- wrinkles, long, droopy nipples, etc. - over females in their first or second estrus.

#22 2009-08-22 13:16:26

Tall Paul wrote:

My theory is that human brains are hardwired to cause you hang out with people who look the most like like you and to fuck people who look the least like you, out of the locally available talent.

It follows that, among those of use unable to hold two contradictory thoughts at the same time, the tensions between these two motivations causes a great deal of the racist bullshit in the world.

It's certainly the case with my situation. I'm a WASPy lookin' glow-in-the-dark shiksa with a swarthy Russian Hungarian Joo.

It's not always the case, though. I commented on it in this thread:

https://cruelery.com/viewtopic.php?id=9827

My kid and eHarmony's picture collection show that people often pick people that look JUST LIKE THEMSELVES. It's frightening.

So I think there are two extremes. People either pick someone who looks exactly like them, or nothing like them. As an evolutionary strategy, I think picking the one who looks nothing like you makes for the most viable offspring.

Hybridization, contrary to Fnord's views on the subject, is the best way to ensure the continuation of the human race.

#23 2009-08-22 13:54:46

sofaking wrote:

Hybridization, contrary to Fnord's views on the subject, is the best way to ensure the continuation of the human race.

This I completely agree with.  In my statiscally and scientifically unsupported observation there appears to be a rise of over-achieving mullatoes in our society, in atheletics as well as politics.

Board footer

cruelery.com