#2 2009-09-15 12:39:22

It must gall you that Beck's popularity is skyrocketing, even more so after the competition organized a boycott of his sponsors.  Personally, I like his style and delivery.  I know it stings when he tells the truth, but there it is.  Conservatives are so fucking tired of the suck up pussies they sent to represent them that someone like Beck, who calls it as he sees it is refreshing.

Last edited by phreddy (2009-09-15 12:42:33)

#3 2009-09-15 12:43:26

Phreddy, you're cute when you pretend to understand politics. Say that again; it was adorable.

#4 2009-09-15 12:44:31

Taint wrote:

Say that again; it was adorable.

Define adorable.

#5 2009-09-15 12:47:15

Taint wrote:

Phreddy, you're cute when you pretend to understand politics. Say that again; it was adorable.

OK.  It must gall the hell out of you too Taint.  The people are speaking.  It won't help to cover your ears.

#6 2009-09-15 12:51:51

phreddy wrote:

Taint wrote:

OK.  It must gall the hell out of you too Taint.  The people are speaking.  It won't help to cover your ears.

Everything galls me, Phreddy. I'm a bleeding heart liberal, remember?

#7 2009-09-15 14:50:38

Is this a good time to once again point out that I don't like being lumped in with phwedd's conservatism?

Also, I just watched the Fox and Friends video where Beck calls Obama a racist.  I am now utterly convinced that his lemur plunge has been due to Romney not winning the GOP nomination.

Although I do want to further explore if Obama really did say that reparations were unattainable and therefore he would support UHC and free college in America because it would disproportionately favor blacks and thus be an acceptable payback.

Last edited by Scotty (2009-09-15 14:51:05)

#8 2009-09-15 16:03:31

Well, I put it up as an art comment, and all I get is whinging from Phwedd.  Barbarians.

#9 2009-09-15 16:28:37

Dmtdust wrote:

Well, I put it up as an art comment, and all I get is whinging from Phwedd.  Barbarians.

OK, my opinion of it as art is that it STINKS.

#10 2009-09-15 19:36:40

phreddy wrote:

It must gall you that Beck's popularity is skyrocketing, even more so after the competition organized a boycott of his sponsors.  Personally, I like his style and delivery.  I know it stings when he tells the truth, but there it is.  Conservatives are so fucking tired of the suck up pussies they sent to represent them that someone like Beck, who calls it as he sees it is refreshing.

Phreddy, if laughter is the best medicine, your political ideology is the cure for fucking cancer.

#11 2009-09-15 19:43:16

phreddy wrote:

Sadly Glen Beck (the monikor "Beck" has already been coined by someone with actual talent) is just a pathetic, sobby version of Rush Limbaugh.  As soon as Rush relealizes that Glen B. is trying to steal his thunder I think the gig will be up.  There is only room for one fat, pathetic neo-con in this world and Rush L. has his extremly ample haunches sitting right on that seat.

#12 2009-09-16 11:16:07

Oh wait... Phwedd, are you Mormon?  http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/ … index.html

#13 2009-09-16 12:06:44

Dmtdust wrote:

Oh wait... Phwedd, are you Mormon?  http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/ … index.html

You must know that this conservative movement has everything to do with the actions of whacked out liberals locally and in Congress and little to do with Beck or other commentators.  Don't drink the Pelosi Kool-Aid spin that this movement is somehow orchestrated by the Conservative media.  The march on Washington was nothing compared to what is going on in every town in America right now.  Even in the People's Republic of of NW Oregon.  Here's a website you can visit to discover what's happening all around you.  In any case, you don't really want to get into a pissing match of comparing the radical influences on Beck's politics vs. those of Obama do you?

#14 2009-09-16 12:13:35

Look, Obama is milk-toast compared to my background.  He leans to far to the right.  I would rather bash on the inherent wacky-ness that you seem to have gotten stuck on.  Did you read the article?  It is factual from what I read, not too much filler of the liberal kind.  Beck's spiritual mentor considered Eisenhower a communist.  Think about that, okay?  I am concerned that you'll be sucked down the drain of this shite because of your reactionary stance to all things centrist.  Generally speaking you are an okay guy but if you start spouting wacked ass shit I will see if we can get committal papers.  We loves you Phwedd, but I am concerned for you.

#15 2009-09-16 13:08:41

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld … full.story  If you are a conservative, fine enough.  But you should be intelligent enough not to hang out with the wingnut contingent.  Really, from what I have seen on youtube (no tv here) he is pretty interesting, but really, really WHINEY.  Not the type I thought you'd like.

#16 2009-09-16 13:11:43

Dmtdust wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gop-fringe14-2009sep14,0,5000500,full.story  If you are a conservative, fine enough.  But you should be intelligent enough not to hang out with the wingnut contingent.  Really, from what I have seen on youtube (no tv here) he is pretty interesting, but really, really WHINEY.  Not the type I thought you'd like.

Actually, I used to watch him on MSNBC before he went over to FOX.  His show is on too early for me to watch now.  But he is pretty entertaining and he doesn't hold back much.  I can't recall any whining, but I haven't watched that many of his shows.

#17 2009-09-16 14:55:58

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gop-fringe14-2009sep14,0,5000500,full.story  If you are a conservative, fine enough.  But you should be intelligent enough not to hang out with the wingnut contingent.  Really, from what I have seen on youtube (no tv here) he is pretty interesting, but really, really WHINEY.  Not the type I thought you'd like.

Actually, I used to watch him on MSNBC before he went over to FOX.  His show is on too early for me to watch now.  But he is pretty entertaining and he doesn't hold back much.  I can't recall any whining, but I haven't watched that many of his shows.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-a … -operation

#18 2009-09-16 15:06:53

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-a … -operation

I think we just figured out the ailment that seems to have impaired poor Phreddy's judgement.

#19 2009-09-16 19:47:02

His ass is stitched up and he is full of shit?

#20 2009-09-17 14:45:02

Phreddy is oddly quiet now.

Would one of the conservatives who enjoy Brother Beck's delivery and style please defend his disingenuosity?

#21 2009-09-17 16:20:53

I'm not quiet.  I'm simply watching everyone here squirm at the thought that Fox News now draws a larger audience than CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and HLN all put together.  It's nice to be in the majority somewhere.

#22 2009-09-17 16:49:34

in a dying medium. Enjoy!

#23 2009-09-17 17:15:30

Here is a pretty accurate piece on Beck, even though it is written by TIME, in partnership with CNN, Beck's only real competition.  And even though they entitled it Mad Man: Is Glenn Beck Bad For America.

#24 2009-09-17 17:44:44

phreddy wrote:

I'm not quiet.  I'm simply watching everyone here squirm at the thought that Fox News now draws a larger audience than CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and HLN all put together.  It's nice to be in the majority somewhere.

I'm not squirming, but you're not too far off.  It is a depressing comment on intelligence in America. 

Remember, Abba was wildly popular for a time, even though nobody with musical taste took them seriously.  From now on, I will think of Beck as the medium's Dancing Queen.

#25 2009-09-17 20:34:29

phreddy wrote:

Here is a pretty accurate piece on Beck, even though it is written by TIME, in partnership with CNN, Beck's only real competition.  And even though they entitled it Mad Man: Is Glenn Beck Bad For America.

I enjoyed it.  But why does the fuck have to be all weepy and wet?  Fuck, He would of been the head boys bitch in old blighty.

#26 2009-09-17 20:58:00

So he's stoking fear...neo-nazism at it's best.  Like Goebbel's he really doesn't care about the message only the reaction he get's - it's quickly obvious by his addictions to religions, booze etc that he is not a man with strong beliefs but rather a rabble-rouser who stumbled upon a moment.

The man is flat out revolting in what he'll say to increase his business.

#27 2009-09-17 20:59:22

phreddy wrote:

Thankfully the Constitution has measures in place to protect us from the tyranny of the masses.

#28 2009-09-18 01:39:51

phreddy wrote:

I can dig that but, really Phreddy, do you necessarily want to be associated with people who pride themselves on their shortsightedness and lack of education?

#29 2009-09-18 11:25:30

Taint wrote:

phreddy wrote:

I can dig that but, really Phreddy, do you necessarily want to be associated with people who pride themselves on their shortsightedness and lack of education?

Taint, this is below you.  You must know that the liberal answer to any and all popular conservative movements and persons is the ad hominem attack.  Bush is stupid, Palin is ignorant, Fox News watchers are all racists and lack education.  On this board I have been called all sorts of vile names simply for disagreeing with liberals. This is the same tactic used by real racists when they deny the accomplishments of people of color.  "Stupid niggers" paves the way for discounting everything from motives to results.  Pretending to be superior, better educated, and better informed doesn't make it so.  It only provides justification for doing the wrong thing.  Obama and company have gone way over the top in so many ways that most Americans are now very concerned.  They gave him a pass on his lack of experience and past associations because they didn't like the Bush administration.  But now they are discovering that this is not the "change" they signed on for.  They gather at Fox only because all the other TV media are still providing cover for guy.  The shit is heading for the fan.

#30 2009-09-18 11:48:07

phreddy wrote:

Taint, this is below you.  You must know that the liberal answer to any and all popular conservative movements and persons is the ad hominem attack.  Bush is stupid, Palin is ignorant, Fox News watchers are all racists and lack education.  On this board I have been called all sorts of vile names simply for disagreeing with liberals. This is the same tactic used by real racists when they deny the accomplishments of people of color.  "Stupid niggers" paves the way for discounting everything from motives to results.  Pretending to be superior, better educated, and better informed doesn't make it so.  It only provides justification for doing the wrong thing.  Obama and company have gone way over the top in so many ways that most Americans are now very concerned.  They gave him a pass on his lack of experience and past associations because they didn't like the Bush administration.  But now they are discovering that this is not the "change" they signed on for.  They gather at Fox only because all the other TV media are still providing cover for guy.  The shit is heading for the fan.

I didn't think Phwedd had it in him.

#31 2009-09-18 12:21:17

Still nothing about Mr. Beck.

Why has he "changed his mind" about health care?

It seems he had it right (and therefore truthful) in his first statement.

Now that his bleeding hemorrhoid has healed (or whatever), he thinks our health care is dandy. Why is this?

At least Obama is consistent, and therefore not crazy.

#32 2009-09-18 12:36:07

I'm not defending Beck here.  I am pointing out why people are watching him and other Fox shows.  I believe the more liberal press and broadcast media are ignoring a powerful phenomenon for political purposes.  And by doing so they are duping their viewers and readership.

#33 2009-09-18 12:58:57

phreddy wrote:

Personally, I like his style and delivery.

His style is lying, and his delivery is crazy.

#34 2009-09-18 13:01:01

Singalong with phreddy!

#35 2009-09-18 13:03:11

Sofie wrote:

His style is lying, and his delivery is crazy.

What did I just say?  You've made my point.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#36 2009-09-18 13:05:21

May be relevant. Village relig-iots.

#37 2009-09-18 13:15:23

I checked out the polland found some interesting results that Rachael lied about or failed to mention.  Although the numbers in their results don't add up, they major one is that only 8% think he is the antichrist, and the biggest block of those are Hispanics who voted for him.

The big surprise here–the group of voters most likely to think Obama is the Anti-Christ are … Hispanics, who solidly backed Obama in 2008. Only 58 percent of them say, for sure, that their president is not Satan come to wreak havoc here on earth.

Last edited by phreddy (2009-09-18 13:18:17)

#38 2009-09-18 13:21:08

"You can't rearrange the village for the villiage idiot(s)."

Rich.

#39 2009-09-18 13:25:55

I love this comment:

The dumbing DOWN of the modern conservative movement . . .

Buckley
Goldwater
Nixon's Southern Strategy
Reagan (TALK)
Limbaugh (MORE talk)
Bush/Cheney
Palin
Beck

And 90+% of these dimwits continue to ask "What would Reagan/Limbaugh do?"

This is NOT the party of Lincoln, that's for sure.

Phweddski? Your thoughts?

#40 2009-09-18 13:33:17

Dmtdust wrote:

I love this comment:

Buckley
Goldwater
Reagan (TALK)
Limbaugh (MORE talk)
Bush/Cheney
Palin
Beck

So, you think that Goldwater and Nixon were smarter than Bush/Cheney and Beck?  Not sure of that myself.

By the way, here is more info on the New Jersey poll.  I went to the original poll results site.  People are really pissed off.  And that includes the sane ones as well as the whackos.

#41 2009-09-18 13:54:30

I have a lot more respect for you, Phreddy, than I do for Glenn Beck, so I'll stop being an asshole...for now.

#42 2009-09-18 14:10:50

phreddy wrote:

Taint, this is below you.  You must know that the liberal answer to any and all popular conservative movements and persons is the ad hominem attack...

It goes both ways, Phreddy. I'm on enough right-wing mailing lists to see what's being promoted on that side, too. By the same token, I've never watched Rachel Maddow's show precisely because what I have seen in clips seems to be little more than preaching to the choir. Fox's news programming is just more of the same: it's designed to appeal to a narrow-minded, less educated group of people.

I have very few issues with honest-to-god, small "C" conservatives. I don't agree with them on most issues, but those I've known (either as friends or as people I've written about as a journalist) are intelligent, thoughtful individuals who have given me much to think about. Years ago, I moved to Alaska precisely because it was known as a place where those same conservatives held sway; I didn't necessarily embrace the thinking, but it was an approach I could live with. Unfortunately, that same year, the right-wing came to power in the same sweep that took the federal government, as well.

When the Republican Moderate party was founded in Alaska, I voted for it to support it (as well as to, hopefully, split the now reactionary, right-wing party that had taken control). Democrats were largely a non-entity by then and people like Palin and others far more reactionary than her, were running the show.

Intelligent, sophisticated conservatives have been shut out of the dialogue, Phreddy, even now. I stand by my original question: do you necessarily want to be associated with people who pride themselves on their shortsightedness and lack of education?

#43 2009-09-18 14:31:39

Intelligent, sophisticated conservatives have been shut out of the dialogue, Phreddy, even now. I stand by my original question: do you necessarily want to be associated with people who pride themselves on their shortsightedness and lack of education?

Obviously not, but I disagree that the movement in opposition to the current administration is a bunch of dumb racist sheep led by talk radio and Fox. This is the picture being painted by liberals in the media and worse yet, by the Democratic leadership.  Intelligent conservatives are not shut out.  They are the ones who are actually reading the legislation that would strap our children and our businesses with debt, government healthcare, environmental straight jackets, and more.  I'm saying that a wide swath of America is mad as hell and these people aren't all Republicans or conservatives.

#44 2009-09-18 14:34:17

phreddy wrote:

By the way, here is more info on the New Jersey poll.  I went to the original poll results site.  People are really pissed off.  And that includes the sane ones as well as the whackos.

Interesting poll - the numbers show that (within the polls stated margin for error) the percentage of people who voted for Obama approve of the job he is doing and the percentage that voted for McCain do not approve of the job Obama is doing.

So his approval rating is actually very good for assuming the job in the middle of the largest economic collapse since the great depression.

I myself think its far to early to determine if he's doing a good job; it's hard to fully evaluate any employee in a complex job after less than a year - I'll with-hold my opinion until Jan 2010.

#45 2009-09-18 14:37:20

phreddy wrote:

I'm saying that a wide swath of America is mad as hell and these people aren't all Republicans or conservatives.

Most of them are simply jobless and are striking out in their frustration looking for someone to blame (aside from themselves).

#46 2009-09-18 16:30:37

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

I love this comment:

Buckley
Goldwater
Reagan (TALK)
Limbaugh (MORE talk)
Bush/Cheney
Palin
Beck

So, you think that Goldwater and Nixon were smarter than Bush/Cheney and Beck?  Not sure of that myself.

I think they were smarter in the fact that they appealed to a wider base.  I think Cheney is intelligent, but evil. Bush, well, his father aces him pretty much.  I found the elder Bush a breath of relief after the relentless shallowness of the previous tenant.  I found his machinations with Panama and The Gulf War to be piss poor policy, but I can gloss on the rest of his term.  I miss the thought processes of Buckley and some of the deeper thinkers on the American Right.  Not so much for the shite holes in the UK ala Thatcher/Blair as opposed to a John Major, Edward Heath, or  Harold Macmilan.  Truly, the Brits do conservative much better except the Witch and that bastard from New Labour.

#47 2009-09-19 19:41:18

Granted, Craig T. Nelson is the one making the idiotic state-ment here; But, if you watch the rest of the inter-view (Which is in the "related Videos" - I didn't post the whole inter-view as I as-sumed that no-body a-side from Preddy and Foot-In-Mouth would really want to watch it), Beck does not even bother to politely point out that "food stamps" and wel-fare is in fact some-body "helping out".

#49 2009-09-29 17:10:21

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

The Making of Glenn Beck

Well Glenn Beck may have a past that includes juvenile comedy, but conservatives haven't elected him to the U.S. Senate.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/frankencin1.gif

#50 2009-09-29 18:30:29

phreddy wrote:

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

The Making of Glenn Beck

Well Glenn Beck may have a past that includes juvenile comedy, but conservatives haven't elected him to the U.S. Senate.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/upl … encin1.gif

Granted, he was a comedian.

Board footer

cruelery.com