#1 2009-09-29 17:00:43

Apparently the Hollywood left don't believe drugging, raping, and sodomizing a 13 year old girl should be a crime if you are an academy award director.

I hope the fucking little creep spends the rest of his life in prison.

#2 2009-09-29 19:05:43

Yeah, I don't understand why they're protecting him. I don't understand why nobody gives a shit about how Woody Allen married his own daughter.

The problem here is that people are saying we should cut Polanski and Woody Allen slack because they make great movies. So what's the math there? What's the ratio whereby movie X entitles you to felony Y? I don't understand why it's acceptable for Polanski to do that, when Steve Guttenberg wouldn't be able to get away with it.

#4 2009-09-29 21:39:57

Birds of a Feather

http://burningbunnies.com/images/6a00d8341c501653ef00e5502a05398833-800wi_1__1_.jpg

(Klikcty klikc)

Last edited by Emmeran (2009-09-29 21:40:52)

#5 2009-09-30 10:46:47

Rape-rape?

What the fiddler's fuck!?!?!

#7 2009-09-30 15:03:20

Oh the sweet, sweet irony:

Poland's Paradox

also...

France comes to its senses

#8 2009-09-30 17:02:53

Emmeran wrote:

Oh the sweet, sweet irony:

Poland's Paradox

also...

France comes to its senses

France is an amoral country that does whatever is in their best interests; now that the band has struck up the music for Polanski to face, they have shamelessly changed their tune without missing a beat.  I’ve spent a lot of time in France and have a great deal of affection for the country, but I’m not blind to this facet of French character.

#9 2009-09-30 17:39:36

fnord wrote:

France is an amoral country that does whatever is in their best interests.

That would be different from other countries exactly how?

#10 2009-09-30 17:43:27

orangeplus wrote:

fnord wrote:

He already said, they are amoral.

#11 2009-09-30 18:01:42

plied her with Champagne and a Quaalude... "put his penis in my butt."

Chemistry and physics... classic nerd rape.

#12 2009-09-30 18:58:01

orangeplus wrote:

fnord wrote:

The word amoral should make that obvious.  France didn’t care one way or another about Polanski hiding out there as long as it didn’t inconvenience them.  Now that America is serious about getting him back, they will simply wash their hands of him.  Their decision has nothing to do with concern for the child he raped or they would have returned him themselves years ago.  Nor will they protest his arrest and claim his “rights” were violated, because this would be messy.  They have nothing to gain by defending him, so they will cut him loose.  Right or wrong wasn’t a consideration at any point.

#13 2009-09-30 21:13:01

This is the rant of an Anglo-Apologist.  This same noise has emanated from the home counties and those with connections to the Saeson and their cultural aggressions in the British Isles and elsewhere.

#14 2009-09-30 21:33:25

fnord wrote:

orangeplus wrote:

fnord wrote:

The word amoral should make that obvious.  France didn’t care one way or another about Polanski hiding out there as long as it didn’t inconvenience them.  Now that America is serious about getting him back, they will simply wash their hands of him.  Their decision has nothing to do with concern for the child he raped or they would have returned him themselves years ago.  Nor will they protest his arrest and claim his “rights” were violated, because this would be messy.  They have nothing to gain by defending him, so they will cut him loose.  Right or wrong wasn’t a consideration at any point.

Actually the uproar within France itself convinced the politicians to see the errors in their ways.  Apparently the good people of France are, on the average, about the same as us.  In fact I'm sure there is a French version of Cruel out there somewhere...

#15 2009-09-30 21:34:08

Dmtdust wrote:

This is the rant of an Anglo-Apologist.  This same noise has emanated from the home counties and those with connections to the Saeson and their cultural aggressions in the British Isles and elsewhere.

Exactly how do the Cymraeg boblogi fit into the Polanski saga?

#16 2009-09-30 22:13:01

It is the attitude towards the "other"..  One year the Cymru, the next year the cousins to the north, then across the Irish Sea, crushing the Cornish, and putting ones nose in business across the channel.  An ongoing Saxon trait.

#17 2009-09-30 22:20:02

Dmtdust wrote:

It is the attitude towards the "other"..  One year the Cymru, the next year the cousins to the north, then across the Irish Sea, crushing the Cornish, and putting ones nose in business across the channel.  An ongoing Saxon trait.

Silly shits.  Thank Loki I am Norse.

#18 2009-09-30 22:24:41

Norse, Saxon, Fresian, Dane, its the same.

#19 2009-09-30 22:28:41

Dmtdust wrote:

Norse, Saxon, Fresian, Dane, its the same.

Danes are Norse.  Do try to keep your teams straight.

#20 2009-09-30 23:03:35

Say that to the Danes.

#21 2009-09-30 23:10:44

Try this; tell the Danes they are not Vikings and see where that gets you.

#22 2009-09-30 23:10:52

Dmtdust wrote:

Say that to the Danes.

Oh yeah? Well same to you, fella, and the Norse you rode in on.

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2009-09-30 23:11:07)

#23 2009-09-30 23:21:59

Time for another Swedish joke.

#24 2009-09-30 23:47:30

MSG Tripps wrote:

Time for another Swedish joke.

Ahhhhh, boys will be boys....

Of course they should be made to clean up the mess by hand with shovel and fork, as well as acting as laborer's in the building of the new school.  But it is just boy's being boys after all....

#25 2009-09-30 23:55:03

Emmeran wrote:

Ahhhhh, boys will be boys....

But it is just boy's being boys after all....

Spoken like a true Swede.

#26 2009-10-01 01:12:43

Dmtdust wrote:

As I've explained before, I'm not purely Saxon.  Many of my ancestors were the offspring of arraigned political alliances and my DNA contains elements from many different strains of vanilla.  Some of my ancestors were Nordic, some were Celts, and a few were Mediterranean.  My family produces the occasional ginger female because of the Tudors (and sadly a recent ginger male, the first one in generations) and I have a bit of a Hapsburg lip (not extreme, thank Thor).  I’m a bit too mixed to feel firmly attached to one White ethnic group, unlike some of you.

#27 2009-10-01 11:43:10

fnord wrote:

As I've explained before, I'm not purely Saxon.  Many of my ancestors were the offspring of arraigned political alliances and my DNA contains elements from many different strains of vanilla.  Some of my ancestors were Nordic, some were Celts, and a few were Mediterranean.  My family produces the occasional ginger female because of the Tudors (and sadly a recent ginger male, the first one in generations) and I have a bit of a Hapsburg lip (not extreme, thank Thor).  I’m a bit too mixed to feel firmly attached to one White ethnic group, unlike some of you.

I suggest you never get a DNA test if you want to preserve your stance/(in)sanity.  You'll be surprised what makes up that "Mediterranean Mix" in not a good way....

#28 2009-10-02 07:16:34

fnord wrote:

Some of my ancestors were ... Mediterranean.

What Dusty means is that we thought you were white.

#30 2009-10-02 16:08:17

What strikes me in this is what were 5 adults involved in this thinking?
Polanski... obviously
The girls parents... why would you ever leave your daughter for hours on end with someone you don't know?
John Joseph "Jack" Nicholson & Anjelica Huston who were in the phreakin' hot tub with Polanski and the young girl....

#31 2009-10-02 16:21:32

Dmtdust wrote:

What strikes me in this is what were 5 adults involved in this thinking?
Polanski... obviously
The girls parents... why would you ever leave your daughter for hours on end with someone you don't know?
John Joseph "Jack" Nicholson & Anjelica Huston who were in the phreakin' hot tub with Polanski and the young girl....

Have you noticed how his "friends" are fading from sight after they are confronted with the sick facts?  If he were arrested for this today he would be facing 20 years in California.  Hopefully he'll get something close to that.

#32 2009-10-02 16:26:01

Dmtdust wrote:

John Joseph "Jack" Nicholson & Anjelica Huston who were in the phreakin' hot tub....

I still can't believe those two dudes got off scott free.

#33 2009-10-02 16:36:20

Banjo wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

John Joseph "Jack" Nicholson & Anjelica Huston who were in the phreakin' hot tub....

I still can't believe those two dudes got off scott free.

According to her testimony everyone left before he started putting the real heat on her.  However, they should have felt a little queasy about leaving Polanski alone with a drunk 13 year old in their home.  He apparently had a reputation for hitting on teenaged girls.  I remember when this happened, one of his friends was interviewed on TV and said the first thing he thought when he heard Polanski was arrested was that it had to be something to do with young girls.

Last edited by phreddy (2009-10-02 16:37:14)

#34 2009-10-02 21:31:42

I had dealings with Nicholson back in the early 70's... I 86'd his ass out of a restaurant in West Hollywood for grabbing the labia of our hostess as she was walking by his table.  The guy was an asshole, and probably still is.  A talented asshole, I will give you that, but an Asshole just the same.

#35 2009-10-02 21:57:15

Why is everyone giving Anjelica Houston slack? Word on the street was that his cock was the most painful of the three.

Last edited by Banjo (2009-10-02 21:58:26)

#36 2009-10-02 22:41:36

Anjelica is a woman, but you know that already.  The joke doesn't stand.

#37 2009-10-03 10:44:14

Dmtdust wrote:

Anjelica is a woman, but you know that already.  The joke doesn't stand.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try harder next time. Your happiness means a lot to me.

BTW, do you think Nicholson and Houston were having gay sex in the next room while this was going on? Your thoughts, DMT?

#38 2009-10-03 12:36:46

Actually, they were in the same room as Polanski and the little girl.  Keep up.

#39 2009-10-03 12:50:01

Dmtdust wrote:

Actually, they were in the same room as Polanski and the little girl.  Keep up.

Sooo... it was the original version of "Three Men and a Baby?"  Wow! That's fucked up by even by
California's standards. Anjelica should be ashamed of himself.

#40 2009-10-04 05:00:57

Where was John Phillips during all this? The whole thing is kind of a sad little footnote to the era, though frankly I have no doubt that it pales in comparison to some of the other shit going down in Hollywood during that time that didn't get reported. The last days of Casablanca Records,for example? I read a bio of John Holmes that I had to put down since it made me so ill, just the sheer numbers of lost, fucked up hangers on who ran/run in those packs.

Last edited by icangetyouatoe (2009-10-04 05:06:46)

#41 2009-10-04 05:09:41

But Chinatown is still a great movie.

#42 2009-10-04 14:12:09

Scotty wrote:

Rape-rape?

What the fiddler's fuck!?!?!

Her explanation was that the crime he was convicted of was statutory rape, not non-consensual sex.  Whether you believe that and/or whether that changes anything...

#43 2009-10-04 14:39:33

icangetyouatoe wrote:

Yes... but does that make his behaviour with young girls okay?  You can still appreciate someones artistic output (say Hakim Bey) and dislike there behaviour.  I have known some absolute loonies in my time who produced brilliant music, art, business ideas, but whose personal lives were a cess-pit.  One foot in the gutter, eyes to the stars and all that. (thanks Oscar!)

#44 2009-10-04 17:23:33

Dmtdust wrote:

icangetyouatoe wrote:

Yes... but does that make his behaviour with young girls okay?

The young girls bit is only the icing on the cake, it was flat out rape by anybodies definition of the term.  Add that she was not underage but pubescent it gets ugly and then the fact that it was DRY anal rape and we have a winning combination - the only thing that fucker didn't do was film it.

Put me on the fucking jury....

#45 2009-10-04 17:37:15

He is guilty.

So is the [then] girl's mother.  Not the first or last mother that shoves an under age girl into illegal sex in Hollywood.

Last edited by MSG Tripps (2009-10-04 17:41:02)

#46 2009-10-04 18:32:45

Judy Garland.

#47 2009-10-04 19:06:41

Dmtdust wrote:

icangetyouatoe wrote:

Yes... but does that make his behaviour with young girls okay?  You can still appreciate someones artistic output (say Hakim Bey) and dislike there behaviour.  I have known some absolute loonies in my time who produced brilliant music, art, business ideas, but whose personal lives were a cess-pit.  One foot in the gutter, eyes to the stars and all that. (thanks Oscar!)

I agree with you- and also with Dhal, the mother deserves some blame as well. He's undoubtedly a creep who should be in jail, which he would have been if he hadn't had money and fame. I did also read his victim never saw a dime of the civil judgement against him.

You're right too- great talent and ability have no correlation in any other human quality, like integrity or generosity. I'm reminded of a biography I read of Faulkner, who liked to tell his children they'd never amount to anything, especially when compared to him.

Pathetic.

#48 2009-10-04 19:08:55

https://cruelery.com/uploads/18_harrison-ford-polanski.jpg

They All Want to Free Roman Polanski

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#49 2009-10-04 22:01:42

I’m seeing a bit of “protect my career” behavior on the part of some of the signers of this petition.  Just as espousing right wing political views results in blacklisting in Hollyweird, I suspect not demanding freedom for the child rapist will get one’s name put on many “do not cast/hire” lists.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#50 2009-10-04 22:07:33

icangetyouatoe wrote:

You're right too- great talent and ability have no correlation in any other human quality, like integrity or generosity. I'm reminded of a biography I read of Faulkner, who liked to tell his children they'd never amount to anything, especially when compared to him.

Pathetic.

Faulkner was a head case.  I would hope (as a father) that my kid succeeds much more than I.  I pray so.

Board footer

cruelery.com