• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » The Kids Will Have Bottled Drinks, Thank You Very Much! NSFL

#2 2010-01-07 00:14:42

Ewwwwww.

#4 2010-01-07 13:27:57

kim

I've heard about that before, but it was all from the ice. I know a number of people here that have worked in food service, especially in the form of one of those odd jobs/college jobs. When I worked at Hot Dog on a Stick there was a ton of rules about the ice machine, you couldn't set the bucket on the floor, you had to use the same ice scooper, the ice scooper couldn't sit in the ice machine, etc. I have seen so many fast food places NOT follow these rules (and who knows what other rules). If I really think about it I tell myself to never eat out and cook all my own meals but come on, Cheesecake Factory is just too good to pass up.

#5 2010-01-07 14:26:22

kim wrote:

I've heard about that before, but it was all from the ice.

It is the ice, almost always.  The ice bin keeps all the uggy bugs nice and cool and ready to spring into action when they come in contact with a warm body.

And employee's hands come in contact with the ice in an ice bin.  It's unavoidable, even if everyone uses the stupid scoop 100% of the time--skin cells are still gonna get shed into the ice.  If you've ever emptied and cleaned a restaurant ice machine, you've seen the evidence plugging up the drain at the bottom.

However, this is no worse than touching a doorknob or a countertop in any public place.  The real news is that most human beings' immune systems deal with these kind of outrages with barely a hiccup, several times a day.

#6 2010-01-07 15:48:57

George Orr wrote:

kim wrote:

I've heard about that before, but it was all from the ice.

It is the ice, almost always.  The ice bin keeps all the uggy bugs nice and cool and ready to spring into action when they come in contact with a warm body.

And employee's hands come in contact with the ice in an ice bin.  It's unavoidable, even if everyone uses the stupid scoop 100% of the time--skin cells are still gonna get shed into the ice.  If you've ever emptied and cleaned a restaurant ice machine, you've seen the evidence plugging up the drain at the bottom.

However, this is no worse than touching a doorknob or a countertop in any public place.  The real news is that most human beings' immune systems deal with these kind of outrages with barely a hiccup, several times a day.

Damn you George, just as I was working myself up for a full blown panic attack you break out the common-sense approach.

#7 2010-01-07 16:53:43

Emmeran wrote:

Damn you George, just as I was working myself up for a full blown panic attack you break out the common-sense approach.

I know. Isn't she annoying?

#8 2010-01-07 17:00:54

kim

Lots of mold everywhere, too.

#9 2010-01-07 17:09:02

I saw a fellow bartender barf into the ice bin one night after having too many shots. We hosed the ice down with the gun because getting new ice was just too much of a pain in the ass. It wasn't long before the ice looked all nice and new again. At the end of the night when the lights came on, we were quite surprised to see that a large amount of stomach contents had collected in the bottom of the ice bin.

#10 2010-01-07 17:39:48

kim wrote:

I've heard about that before, but it was all from the ice. I know a number of people here that have worked in food service, especially in the form of one of those odd jobs/college jobs. When I worked at Hot Dog on a Stick there was a ton of rules about the ice machine, you couldn't set the bucket on the floor, you had to use the same ice scooper, the ice scooper couldn't sit in the ice machine, etc. I have seen so many fast food places NOT follow these rules (and who knows what other rules). If I really think about it I tell myself to never eat out and cook all my own meals but come on, Cheesecake Factory is just too good to pass up.

Yes , they serve an outstanding Glenlivit and Soda

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » The Kids Will Have Bottled Drinks, Thank You Very Much! NSFL

Board footer

cruelery.com