#51 2010-04-18 02:06:53

Of course for pure macho, the name Harry Dick Sofaking would be perfect.  Then there are the classics like Peter O'Toole Sofaking or Dick Van Dyke Sofaking (hey, it's not like you would be naming him John Wayne Sofaking and ensuring he would grow up to be a serial killer!).

Edit: And of course there's the question we all want to know the answer to: Will you eat the placenta, or make it into a keepsake teddy bear?

Last edited by fnord (2010-04-18 02:08:49)

#52 2010-04-18 11:37:56

sofaking wrote:

BTW, who's on Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? … 152&ref=ts

SOFIE! Congrats!!! I obviously don't log in here much anymore but the topic "Hi, I am new here" reeled me in. (Was expecting something much worse/better.) I'm glad I saw your post.

I'm running off to add you on fb now.

#53 2010-04-18 11:40:08

sofaking wrote:

BTW, who's on Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? … 152&ref=ts

p.s. We posted the same octopus-stole-my-camera video on Friday.

#54 2010-04-18 16:16:02

Baby names:

Jaiydenn
Hayd'n
Breighdin
George Walker

Bergina
Bristol
Maddellyne
Eevah

#55 2010-04-18 17:13:49

Or you could just name it Woah, Man if it's a female.

#56 2010-04-18 19:53:26

Anyone else on facebook? COME ON.

Lord, that just sounds desperate.

Myrtle, where're you?

Last edited by Cherry Vanilla (2010-04-18 20:21:39)

#57 2010-04-18 20:40:25

If it's a boy, Sodom, if it's a girl, Betty Bowers.

Oh, and what is this thread about? 

Welcome Myrtle....  I've been lurking the board since Cruel.com, waaaaay back.  Had another login then, but changed since Vaginator sounded better.  You missed a lot of good cruel stuff, but fortunately the likes of Smittylicious (in various incarnations) and George Orr and others are still with us.

I wish there were archives that had the Roland Bloodthunder saga around, or even better, anything with DJ Andy, but alas, it is lost to time. 

Oh, uh, Show us your ugly bits or we'll be bored.  or something funny/sick

#58 2010-04-18 21:32:22

Vaginator wrote:

Welcome Myrtle....  I've been lurking the board since Cruel.com, waaaaay back.  Had another login then, but changed since Vaginator sounded better.  You missed a lot of good cruel stuff, but fortunately the likes of Smittylicious (in various incarnations) and George Orr and others are still with us.

I wish there were archives that had the Roland Bloodthunder saga around, or even better, anything with DJ Andy, but alas, it is lost to time. 

Who the fuck is this? Really, I felt kind of disgusting after I read it.

#59 2010-04-18 21:38:14

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

I am on FB, as some folks here know; however, I regret that I cannot "friend" anybody from H-S because my whole FB persona is a scheme to make connections to get myself employed.

So on FB I'm this nice, good-natured middle-aged lady without a bad word to say about anyone or anything more controversial than the weather.  My "friends" are all work-related people, a few old school contacts and what I will swear is EVERY.  SINGLE.  female member of my family--about four generations' worth, plus all the little kids. 

About half of 'em talk about Jesus about half the time, and send each other rainbows and shit.  So you can perhaps understand why I do not dare pollute that carefully cultivated illusion of myself with H-S people, as dearly as I love you degenerates.

: )

#60 2010-04-18 21:54:33

George Orr wrote:

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

I am on FB, as some folks here know; however, I regret that I cannot "friend" anybody from H-S because my whole FB persona is a scheme to make connections to get myself employed.

So on FB I'm this nice, good-natured middle-aged lady without a bad word to say about anyone or anything more controversial than the weather.  My "friends" are all work-related people, a few old school contacts and what I will swear is EVERY.  SINGLE.  female member of my family--about four generations' worth, plus all the little kids. 

About half of 'em talk about Jesus about half the time, and send each other rainbows and shit.  So you can perhaps understand why I do not dare pollute that carefully cultivated illusion of myself with H-S people, as dearly as I love you degenerates.

You could do what another friend of mine does: she uses a pseudonym. She keeps up with all the good stuff that way without drawing attention to her actual name.

It's a thought.

#61 2010-04-18 21:56:37

https://cruelery.com/uploads/167_mustbethishightoride.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#62 2010-04-18 22:11:34

Myrtle wrote:

What is the main topic of conversation? Thanks. :)

Oh, Myrtle? If you're still with us, you can see that ADD is a bit of a problem around here.

#63 2010-04-18 22:17:36

George Orr wrote:

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

Oh, Georgie. I've got in-laws on my page, ones who I'm sure are already appalled that they have ME for a daughter-in-law. So I get it and I stifle a lot of things. I'll try to send you a private msg with my name in case you change your mind.

#64 2010-04-18 22:26:13

George Orr wrote:

It doesn't sound like you're getting laid using facebook.  Apparently I'm not the only one doing it wrong.

#65 2010-04-18 22:58:57

hedgewizard wrote:

It doesn't sound like you're getting laid using facebook.  Apparently I'm not the only one doing it wrong.

Don't know dick about George, do you?

#66 2010-04-18 23:02:53

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro … 1016001802

Friend me, bitches!

You know, we've either driven Myrtle off, or s/he took my advice and started looking through the Picture Thread and is still in there somewhere.

Last edited by George Orr (2010-04-18 23:08:37)

#67 2010-04-18 23:05:14

Congratulations sofaking.  May you and your child be healthy.

#68 2010-04-18 23:10:37

Sofie, you are going to save all this for Sofakid(2)'s e-Baby Book, aren't you?

We, the Unofficial Godparents of High Street, demand it.

#69 2010-04-18 23:12:17

Every time I log on to Facebook, I get this HUGE whiff of ass followed by a vision of Burt Reynolds sending out a "smokey alert."  Not quite sure what to make of this.

BTW, congrats Sophie. My baptismal name is "Hugh Jorgen." I would be honored if you used this name.

#70 2010-04-18 23:12:40

George Orr wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001016001802

Friend me, bitches!

No.

I dumped FB after the 1.3267*10^9th farmville/mafia wars message.

Last edited by sigmoid freud (2010-04-18 23:13:11)

#71 2010-04-18 23:15:47

sigmoid freud wrote:

You can block those, you know.  Mouse over, click "Hide" in the top right corner & follow the prompts.  You can erase Mafia Wars, your Aunt Edna, et al. from your life forever.

#72 2010-04-20 19:34:33

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

Vaginator wrote:

Who the fuck is this? Really, I felt kind of disgusting after I read it.

I was Meanie. I stopped going to cruel when my work browsing was drastically cut back and lost track.

#73 2010-04-20 20:10:09

Vaginator wrote:

I was Meanie. I stopped going to cruel when my work browsing was drastically cut back and lost track.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/18_mongcatse6.jpg

HI MEANIE/VAGINATOR!!!!!!!!!eleven

#74 2010-04-20 21:48:22

If he liked it he shoulda put a ring on it.

#75 2010-04-21 00:41:48

George Orr wrote:

sigmoid freud wrote:

You can block those, you know.  Mouse over, click "Hide" in the top right corner & follow the prompts.  You can erase Mafia Wars, your Aunt Edna, et al. from your life forever.

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

#76 2010-04-21 01:41:10

sofaking wrote:

I obviously do put out, as evidenced by me being knocked up. Again.

Wowza. . . awesome thread hijack!

Thanks for doing your part, Sophie, to preserve some clever in the gene pool, for keeping it weird, and lets not forget for putting out. . .

#77 2010-04-21 01:59:53

Ok, I finally set up a Facebook page under the name Adnolph Fnord.  I sent out friend requests to Sofie, George, Pale, and Orangeplus.  Any of the rest of you, please send me a friend request.  I may not be able to figure out who you are by looking at the friend lists of the people I've identified as High Street members.

#78 2010-04-21 05:47:10

I just sent you a friend request.

(OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE WE BECOME?)

Last edited by karenw (2010-04-21 05:47:38)

#79 2010-04-21 06:26:57

Thanks Karen!  I thought that was you when I saw Taint was a friend we had in common.  It is scary to realize many of us are on Facebook and MySpace.

#80 2010-04-21 07:55:21

karenw wrote:

(OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE WE BECOME?)

What Karen said!

Toe's photos of HS handles on George's page were really helpful. I had to keep going back there to make sure I had names straight. What an odd, odd day this is for OldCruel....

Fnord, I just found you through Pale and was happy to see you...happy to see all of you; ugh, what mush. FUCK OFF.

Hi Meanie!

edited because they WERE really helpful. Not they wuz helpful.

Last edited by Cherry Vanilla (2010-04-21 14:10:19)

#81 2010-04-21 10:23:32

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

Toe's photos of HS handles on George's page was really helpful. I had to keep going back there to make sure I had names straight.

I started a list on a Sticky™ to make sure I could keep track.  No, seriously, I'm looking at it right now.

What an odd, odd day this is for OldCruel....

I suppose; but it's fun having a "real" FB page and seeing what you guys are up to.

#82 2010-04-21 10:52:02

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

Toe's photos of HS handles on George's page was really helpful. I had to keep going back there to make sure I had names straight.

Which photo's are these?

#83 2010-04-21 14:15:21

Emmeran wrote:

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

Which photo's are these?

*Were helpful, not wuz helpful. Golly.

Em, she put a photo representation for some people on George's wall -- an orange plus with his real name attached and so on. I stuck a picture of a cherry on there so people would know who I am.

#84 2010-04-21 14:19:20

George Orr wrote:

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

I started a list on a Sticky™ to make sure I could keep track.  No, seriously, I'm looking at it right now.

What an odd, odd day this is for OldCruel....

I suppose; but it's fun having a "real" FB page and seeing what you guys are up to.

I've loved putting names and faces together. It's just odd for me because you've all been faceless and nameless for so many years now...wish I could find some of the other oldies on there, too. I've searched for Tigerlily a few times but can't find her.

#85 2010-04-21 14:20:14

Just dawned on me that George is still nameless and faceless.

#86 2010-04-21 15:26:29

Cherry Vanilla wrote:

Just dawned on me that George is still nameless and faceless.

Yeah Georgie, what's up with that?  Time for a face shot on FB perhaps?

#87 2010-04-21 15:29:39

Ah, let Georgie get to it when she wants.

#88 2010-04-21 15:55:40

So... where did Myrtle go?  Did you all scare her off or what?

#89 2010-04-21 16:22:33

Thanks Woggah, Cherry, George, Sofie and everybody else who sent me a friend request or responded to mine.  I'll eventually begin defacing all of your walls when I feel a little more comfortable with the functionality of the Facebook format.  So far, it looks to me to be clunkier and less powerful than MySpace.  When I setup my MySpace page and revised the High Street MySpace page, I had my ducks in a row before I made announcements to the world.  In this case I struck while the iron was hot.

#90 2010-04-21 17:12:28

Maybe we need to friend Myrtle on facebook.

#91 2010-04-21 17:16:35

Myrtle who?

#92 2010-04-21 19:01:34

OK, I've managed to lock myself out of my Facebook page!  An item on Pale's wall asked me to allow an application access to my page.  I hit the back button on my browser, and now I only see a blank page instead of my profile.  Clearing my cache didn't solve the problem; I suppose I'll need to hunt down the cookies from Facebook and delete them.

Edit: I deleted Facebook cookies and got back in.

Last edited by fnord (2010-04-21 19:06:40)

#93 2010-04-21 21:08:15

Well, I figured the equivalent of the FB H-Bomb.  No seriously.  I found a backdoor that allows me to go in, change out the profile pic and lock it.  It will stay locked until they come and fix it, but have any of you asked for help yet on FB?  Weeks, Bitches, Weeks.   And what is really sweet is the script I use on the way out cleans up all of the ISP fingerprintz!

Last edited by Dmtdust (2010-04-21 21:11:25)

#94 2010-04-21 21:13:24

George Orr wrote:

Vaginator wrote:

https://cruelery.com/uploads/18_mongcatse6.jpg

HI MEANIE/VAGINATOR!!!!!!!!!eleven

Hi angel, I was so happy you were still an irregular.  You too Cherry and a bunch of you others.

Last edited by Vaginator (2010-04-21 21:16:31)

#95 2010-04-21 21:20:46

After playing on Facebook today, I'm seeing why it's addictive.  Just what I need, another site to be hooked on!

#96 2010-04-21 21:25:29

Dmtdust wrote:

Well, I figured the equivalent of the FB H-Bomb.  No seriously.  I found a backdoor that allows me to go in, change out the profile pic and lock it.  It will stay locked until they come and fix it, but have any of you asked for help yet on FB?  Weeks, Bitches, Weeks.   And what is really sweet is the script I use on the way out cleans up all of the ISP fingerprintz!

Wait, who have you done this to?

#97 2010-04-21 21:35:44

Dusty -- this could be interesting. I am intrigued.

(I should not pursue this. I should not. I should not . . .)

PS, who is this Amy person many of you have friended -- Is she one of us?

Last edited by karenw (2010-04-21 21:36:25)

#98 2010-04-21 21:58:01

Andrea? She's my daughter's second grade teacher. she's awesome. She doesn't come on here, unless she's Myrtle. Andrea is awesome. Myrtle, if she's not Andrea, I don't know.

Personally, I really like smart, funny people and so it's fun to see y'all on facebook and beyond. I mean, I don't meet many smart, funny people out in the world. Sure, it can be stupid-the fucking mafiawars etc thing I could give a shit about-but for an isolative fuck like me, it's been a godsend, nudging me towards other people and like, life, when I'd instinctively just hide out like, in my closet when things got tough. New friends are always a good thing, I think, and I don't mean that in an annoying bullshit way but quite sincerely.

Everyone else fuck off. :) Where is HKG, btw?

#99 2010-04-21 22:00:30

She is one of us, but I don't wish to say who she is here.  Do a little research and you will figure out her HS identity.

#100 2010-04-21 22:34:59

George Orr wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Wait, who have you done this to?

None of you.  It takes a special occasion to manifest Dusty's dark side.

Board footer

cruelery.com