#2 2010-07-05 19:56:34

Sounds like his rainbow appreciation may be slightly enhanced by recreational drugs; LSD or perhaps ecstasy. Considering the location, perhaps peyote might be the source of his near religious experience.

#4 2010-07-05 20:43:26

Dude, have you ever really looked at your hands?

#5 2010-07-05 21:40:39

Taint wrote:

Yeah, y'know, they call 'em "fingers" but you never see 'em fing...Oh, there they go.

#6 2010-07-05 22:29:51

George Orr wrote:

Taint wrote:

Yeah, y'know, they call 'em "fingers" but you never see 'em fing...Oh, there they go.

Georgie! How's working life treating you?

#7 2010-07-05 22:55:00

Oh, the field of data entry is a never-ending whirlwind...And I get to meet the most fascinating...Actually, I don't get to meet anyone.  Nobody ever comes into the place.

Truthfully, I like it.  The work is easy (for me); the money pays the bills nicely and it's usually quiet.  The only thing I don't like is the 45-minute commute.  Go ahead and laugh, but that's far and away the longest I've ever had to drive daily for work.  That's a lot of time out of my day and I'm not used to it.  Thank the gods for the iPod--otherwise I'd have to listen to the (ugh) radio.

#8 2010-07-05 23:23:47

George Orr wrote:

Oh, the field of data entry is a never-ending whirlwind...And I get to meet the most fascinating...Actually, I don't get to meet anyone.  Nobody ever comes into the place.

Truthfully, I like it.  The work is easy (for me); the money pays the bills nicely and it's usually quiet.  The only thing I don't like is the 45-minute commute.  Go ahead and laugh, but that's far and away the longest I've ever had to drive daily for work.  That's a lot of time out of my day and I'm not used to it.  Thank the gods for the iPod--otherwise I'd have to listen to the (ugh) radio.

I was up to an hour to an hour and a half at one point.  I sincerely hope I never have to do that again.  I was also working six days a week and going to school nights.  If only I realized my potential back when I was young and stupid; I could never do that now.

#9 2010-07-06 00:01:11

tojo2000 wrote:

George Orr wrote:

I was up to an hour to an hour and a half at one point.  I sincerely hope I never have to do that again.  I was also working six days a week and going to school nights.  If only I realized my potential back when I was young and stupid; I could never do that now.

I'm entirely sympathetic. The distance I have to commute from my desk to my kitchen just to make a pot of tea must be at least 15 seconds and then I have to return all the way back to the opposite end of the flat just to get back to work.

The downside of all this, of course, is that I'm always at work.

#10 2010-07-06 00:03:26

Taint wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

George Orr wrote:

I'm entirely sympathetic. The distance I have to commute from my desk to my kitchen just to make a pot of tea must be at least 15 seconds and then I have to return all the way back to the opposite end of the flat just to get back to work.

The downside of all this, of course, is that I'm always at work.

I work at home too. Upside: cat. Downside: you can't keep track of how many hours you work--at a regular job, you can say "I hit 60 hours--fuck it, I'm going home." Here, it's like you're never all the way working, nor all the way resting.

Oh, and I drink a lot more. Used to be I would get home from work, and be glad to be alone. Now, I'm working alone all day, and at night I need to get out and do stuff.

#11 2010-07-06 20:13:41

On topic:  I was thinking there would be a picture of Taint and Pale in a compromising position in this thread.

Off topic:  I moved this weekend and now instead of 15 minutes from work I am 5.

Board footer

cruelery.com