#1 2010-07-19 21:36:35

...are starting to become evident.

Here is the item that Williams wrote that he later tried to pass off as "satire."  And I am not joking in the least about this next:  I would fly to Mr. Williams' home, at my own expense, and hand him a thousand dollars of my own money, if he could lucidly describe to me exactly what that piece is supposed to be satirizing...I know I'm safe in making that declaration.

I swear, I am looking forward to this fall's elections even more eagerly than '08's presidential bloodbath.

#3 2010-07-19 21:51:37

George Orr wrote:

Here is the item that Williams wrote that he later tried to pass off as "satire."  And I am not joking in the least about this next:  I would fly to Mr. Williams' home, at my own expense, and hand him a thousand dollars of my own money, if he could lucidly describe to me exactly what that piece is supposed to be satirizing...I know I'm safe in making that declaration.

I swear, I am looking forward to this fall's elections even more eagerly than '08's presidential bloodbath.

Rubes and morons battling it out with morons and rubes.

#4 2010-07-19 23:30:05

Here's the NPR interview I woke up to a couple of days ago:

"I don't recall the NAACP speaking out when George Bush was portrayed as Curious George or as The Joker," said Mark Williams, a national spokesman for the Tea Party Express.

"I don't recall the NAACP ever standing up and saying we need to civilize discourse when Republicans were in the White House," Williams added.

A number of Tea Party leaders say they don't tolerate racist displays.

Williams contends that it's actually the NAACP that's being bigoted.

"You're dealing with people who are professional race-baiters, who make a very good living off this kind of thing. They make more money off of race than any slave trader ever. It's time groups like the NAACP went to the trash heap of history where they belong with all the other vile racist groups that emerged in our history," Williams said.

#5 2010-07-19 23:36:00

Taint wrote:

George Orr wrote:

Rubes and morons battling it out with morons and rubes.

Thurgood Marshall is the rube and W.E.B. DuBois is the moron. Or is it the other way around?

#7 2010-07-20 22:51:48

For those that didn't catch the news, that supposed video of a racist lady at the NAACP was proof not that she was a racist, but that Breitbart is a total dick.  Basically the story starts with how her father was killed by a white farmer, and she started out with a chip on her shoulder, but how she ended up becoming lifelong friends with the guy she's talking about in that clip 24 years ago and realizing that race really didn't matter when it came to helping people, and that she wanted to make a difference.  Breitbart edited the story to try to make it into a racial attack on the NAACP.

Special mention for dickery goes to the people in the Obama Administration and the NAACP that threw her under the bus and fired her ass without asking her what the deal was first.  Now they're releasing statements about how they got "snookered".  Maybe if they'd stopped to ask some questions they wouldn't look like asshats now.

#8 2010-07-21 00:27:21

tojo2000 wrote:

Breitbart is a total dick.

It took this long for people to figure out that Breitbart is a pandering fool??

These party line folks continue to disappoint me.

#9 2010-07-21 21:38:01

The developments in the Sherrod story as it unfolds have, truly, been the brightest parts of my day.  Breitbart just keeps digging himself in deeper...

I look forward to much more viciousness, fear and loathing.  By the time the calendar hits November, there will have been at least one assassination.  I hope.

#10 2010-07-21 21:56:55

Well there well may be.  My relatives who turned out to follow "that" party line are truly wearing on my patience.  My brother, who has always had his hand out and taken from every relative, and ripped off many, now is the defender of vague ass Teabagery BS... and anti health care etc., even tho he has left one hospital after another in the lurch for his bills over the years.  The mind aches at this douchery...

#11 2010-07-21 22:03:05

Obama's administration continues to shoot from hip when these things pop up; they need to calm the fuck down and wait for the all of the information to come out. 

Breitbart is what he is, a media whore who get's paid for this shit; the administration is supposed to be staffed with professionals who are able to think things through before taking action.

#12 2010-07-21 23:38:37

Sounds to me like the pharma, HMO and oil money that funded the initial PR is drying up. Thus, all the various little wackos in the movement no longer have valid reasons for toeing the line.

#13 2010-07-22 01:10:52

As one buddy of mine observed, Obama needs to stop worrying about the people who aren't going to vote for him anyway.

Cripes, I wish Barry would grow a pair.

#14 2010-07-22 06:43:00

Emmeran wrote:

Obama's administration continues to shoot from hip when these things pop up; they need to calm the fuck down and wait for the all of the information to come out. 

Breitbart is what he is, a media whore who get's paid for this shit; the administration is supposed to be staffed with professionals who are able to think things through before taking action.

Taint wrote:

As one buddy of mine observed, Obama needs to stop worrying about the people who aren't going to vote for him anyway.

Cripes, I wish Barry would grow a pair.

Agreed with you both, and I'd add kudostink to Fox, especially Hannity, for jumping on the Breitbart hack job.  Special thanks to Limbaugh for noting, in a curious twist, that Sherrod Brown is black.

#15 2010-07-22 12:09:19

Fled wrote:

Special thanks to Limbaugh for noting, in a curious twist, that Sherrod Brown is black.

She's black? Omigod, that changes everything.

#16 2010-07-22 19:05:07

The comments are precious!

"We support small gov't, lower taxes,and to keep are freedoms." -- Teabagger

"Where'd the 400,000 membership come from? I think that is another Tea Klux Klan party lie."

Board footer

cruelery.com