#2 2011-08-23 13:31:43

The guy already had penis cancer. He just had it worse than they thought when he went in there. He was already planning on being half a man, this is just a little more. The doctor should offer to sew the cancer ridden member back on if he doesn't like the service he got.

My old neighbor, Buddy, had kind of the same thing happen. Went into the hospital to have a diabetes diseased toe removed. Woke up and his leg was missing from the mid-thigh down. But he was a WWII Marine, he didn't go whining to a lawyer about it.

Fucking tort lottery...

#3 2011-08-23 15:43:16

Loser pays is the only way to prevent this.....

#4 2011-08-23 15:54:44

They didn't bother to take a picture of it before cutting it off?  I find that hard to believe.

#5 2011-08-23 17:06:13

The plaintiff is a huge penis tumor!  Partner™'s prostate cancer treatments destroyed his ability to get an erection, but I'm so happy he's still alive I would never sue the doctors that saved his life.

I remember a case a few years back of a woman who was having a massive heart attack, probably caused by cocaine.  The cardiologist had to get in quickly to save her life and left behind a huge ugly scar.  The bitch made a full recovery, but sued the doctor because of the ugly scar!

#6 2011-08-23 17:23:18

XregnaR wrote:

Like Ranger said!!  Without penalties for frivolous lawsuits we will soon be drowning in them.  Just watch a the commercials on Saturday morning news and listen to the ambulance chasers making their pitches.

#7 2011-08-23 17:35:40

phreddy wrote:

Without penalties for frivolous lawsuits we will soon be drowning in them.

Has not this point been reached and ignored, repeatedly?

#8 2011-08-23 18:05:05

Ok, here's where the story makes no sense.  If he went in for a circumcision, someone had to examine him beforehand and give him the referral for the surgery.  Usually there is a surgical consult where the surgeon examines you and explains in detail what he will be doing (especially since he was put under).  No one noticed that his dick looked like rotten cauliflower until he was under sedation????  If his dick looked that vile they should have biopsied that shit.  While removing his weiner may have saved him, someone was negligent somewhere along the way.

#9 2011-08-23 18:12:12

headkicker_girl wrote:

Ok, here's where the story makes no sense.  If he went in for a circumcision, someone had to examine him beforehand and give him the referral for the surgery.  Usually there is a surgical consult where the surgeon examines you and explains in detail what he will be doing (especially since he was put under).  No one noticed that his dick looked like rotten cauliflower until he was under sedation????  If his dick looked that vile they should have biopsied that shit.  While removing his weiner may have saved him, someone was negligent somewhere along the way.

Not-with-standing my comment about frivolous lawsuits, I agree with HKG here.  They could have awakened the poor sap and given him the choice of surgery to remove his dick or dying from terminal crotch rot.

#10 2011-08-23 18:27:24

phreddy wrote:

XregnaR wrote:

Like Ranger said!!  Without penalties for frivolous lawsuits we will soon be drowning in them.  Just watch a the commercials on Saturday morning news and listen to the ambulance chasers making their pitches.

By the way, this is something that the states handle just fine.  In Illinois you have to have a doctor's certification before you file a suit otherwise it will be dismissed, and no, it's not as easy as buying off a doctor because that doctor can be deposed during the case.  Anyone familiar with the costs of putting on a plaintiff's med mal case knows that it is no lottery.  Preparation and experts are expensive and results are far from certain.  Now there are some lazy PI attorneys who file then go for a quick settlement, but insurance companies don't lose any money on those cases, and in fact, they have lists of the PI attorneys, who tries cases, who settles, who has gotten record verdicts, etc., and they tailor their strategy to the attorney.  THe insurance companies are not losing any money on these cases.  They certainly do not lower their rates in states that have inacted tort reform.  Once again this is a red herring which strips away plaintiffs rights while protecting corporations.

#11 2011-08-23 18:30:09

Just to play Devil's Advocate, are we sure that this isn't just the surgeon saying that the thing was cancer ridden once he realized that he misread the surgery notes and had already whacked it off?

#12 2011-08-24 02:01:08

headkicker_girl wrote:

If his dick looked that vile they should have biopsied that shit.

Prima facie malpractice, if they didn't, yes?

(edit) Papilloma virus can look like cauliflower.
http://www.femail.com.au/genitalwarts.htm

Last edited by headkicker_girl (2011-08-26 15:35:29)

#14 2011-08-24 21:54:04

For a piece of $16 mill, I'm sure they will appeal until the courts finally kick him out.

He's alive. What else does he want?

#15 2011-08-25 05:21:36

GooberMcNutly wrote:

What else does he want?

A main dish?  But, what really "goes with" cauliflower?  Do people actually eat that?  Be-Cause, I am fairly certain that I have never in my life purchased one.

#16 2011-08-25 05:40:25

As for notifying Seaton’s wife, Tapp said jurors learned during the trial that the two had been separated for years and Deborah Seaton was unlikely to know what her husband’s wishes would be.

The dude is fat and ugly, and his wife hadn't wanted any part of his dick for many years.  The only way he was getting any was by paying skanky lot lizards.  After fucking thousands of truckers, they had assorted mutagenic microorganisms growing in their pussies, which they passed on to him, and which in turn caused his cancer.  It’s just as well his weenie was sliced and diced, because it slowed down the spread of one or more new VDs which will burst on the scene in the near future!

#17 2011-08-26 15:36:39

sigmoid freud wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

If his dick looked that vile they should have biopsied that shit.

Prima facie malpractice, if they didn't, yes?

(edit) Papilloma virus can look like cauliflower.
http://www.femail.com.au/genitalwarts.htm

How does one let their dick get that bad before taking action?

#18 2011-08-26 15:43:41

Since they didn't have any photos how do we know?  When they took the skin cancer off of my nose they took so many pre & post pictures it seemed like a photo shoot. 

The jury fucked up on this one.

Board footer

cruelery.com