#1 2011-09-28 15:11:55

Like an especially gruesome short bus accident from which you cannot avert your gaze. . .

#2 2011-09-28 16:01:56

Happy m'fuckers m'fckin' don't fukin' care 'bout nuthin', just doin' fuckin' shit.  Jess down wid de clown till dey down in da groun.

Nice.  It's so important to highlight those who are truly contributing to America's rich cultural heritage.

#3 2011-09-28 16:14:10

No need to hate, it's just middle America's Haight-Ashbury.  I'm glad there's a place where even ugly losers are accepted for their common interests as opposed to being shunned for their differences.  Sex, drugs and loud music will always have a place in youth culture.  Haven't you ever been to a rave?

Also, the rest of the nation doesn't have to deal with these people for at least 5 days.

#4 2011-09-28 17:53:16

That was delightful.  Seriously. I'd rather be there than a tea party rally.  I have now learned that the secret to happiness is titties and weed.

#5 2011-09-28 18:18:00

headkicker_girl wrote:

That was delightful.  Seriously. I'd rather be there than a tea party rally.  I have now learned that the secret to happiness is titties and weed.

I'd attend a tea party rally if it had titties and weed.  And clown makeup.

#6 2011-09-28 18:55:04

HK girl wrote:

I have now learned that the secret to happiness is titties and weed.

We agree, and OK, you don't have to show us your weed.

#7 2011-09-28 19:16:53

headkicker_girl wrote:

You didn't know that already??  Come on girl, try the Bi

#8 2011-09-29 13:17:11

Wow.  Burning Man for flyover land.

I was pleasantly surprise at how articulate, passionate and relatively intelligent some of the interview subjects were.

That said, someone should probably carpet bomb that place with shower gel mixed with weight loss drugs.

#9 2011-09-29 14:07:19

XregnaR wrote:

someone should probably carpet bomb that place with shower gel mixed with weight loss drugs.

That's wasted ordinance and way too humane.

#10 2011-09-29 16:44:37

I'm sure that if you get there early enough in the morning, there are some interesting people to talk to. At least they aren't sitting at home, eating Froot Loops and watching Saturday morning cartoons in their Mom's basement. They got up, stole the car and an ATM card, drove for hours and went to go get high in the woods with a bunch of like-minded freaks. That's as close to initiative as I expect from today's youth.

#11 2011-09-30 13:15:56

ahhh, modern hippies

Someday we'll compare these gatherings to the original Woodstock

#12 2011-10-01 10:10:07

They're not nearly as irritating as those Burning Man twatwaffles.

#13 2011-10-01 11:36:20

George Orr wrote:

True 'dat! None of that pretentious "it's art" kerfluffle when you know it's all about the boobies. At least the ICP short buss crowd makes no bones about it. Life is about weed and titties. It's not the deepest of mystical worldviews, but at least it's one of the most honest.

#14 2011-10-01 14:27:43

GooberMcNutly wrote:

True 'dat! None of that pretentious "it's art" kerfluffle when you know it's all about the boobies. At least the ICP short buss crowd makes no bones about it. Life is about weed and titties. It's not the deepest of mystical worldviews, but at least it's one of the most honest.

Which is why this is woodstock revisited

#15 2011-10-01 15:28:38

George Orr wrote:

Have you been to BM?  Tell me what is the irritant, the alkali dust?

#16 2011-10-01 19:30:48

Dmtdust wrote:

George Orr wrote:

Have you been to BM?  Tell me what is the irritant, the alkali dust?

Didn't mean to step on any sandalled toes, there.  Burning Man may have started out cool but nothing stays cool forever.

#17 2011-10-01 20:15:38

September 01, 2007...  Well, keeping up as it may, it seems fun for the 50k or so who go to it.  I never have, first it is too damn hot during the day for someone with my background who isn't a masochist and frankly I can't stay on drugs that long anymore. 

I have had many invitations, but 115 during the day is in mpov, digusting.

I do think the art projects are cool, and I do like the people who I know who go there.

#18 2011-10-02 06:14:18

Like Dusty, the people I know who have gone to Burning Man have produced some very cool, sometimes funny, sculpture.  I couldn't (or wouldn't) stand the heat either, but more power to them.

Some feel an unexplained antipathy for all things hippie or even faintly related.  I don't really get it.  Why such a negative response to such a harmless crew?

#19 2011-10-02 11:28:38

Fled wrote:

Some feel an unexplained antipathy for all things hippie or even faintly related.  I don't really get it.  Why such a negative response to such a harmless crew?

I've always thought that "hippie" types, in general, give off a carefree/uncaring sort of vibe.  People who feel trapped in their own lives tend to react to this with poorly-concealed envy.  Money-minded people often see these people as parasites...Sadly, that is sometimes correct.

For myself, since Burning Man exploded in popularity I've been put off more than a little by the apparent sense of self-importance from many of the attendees, who seem to think that there is some kind of status attached merely to being an attendee. 

The contrast between what Burning Man has become since its origins and the Juggalo gatherings of today is obvious, at least to me.  Give the Juggalos another 20 years to expand and gain a similar sense of self-importance and I'll find them just as irritating.

#20 2011-10-02 20:48:44

George Orr wrote:

...attendees, who seem to think that there is some kind of status attached merely to being an attendee.

I think you hit it on the head there. People have always formed collectives both to improve communication with like minded individuals but also, just as importantly, to give themselves a sense of privilege and and separation from the mundane. If they kept letting BM get bigger and bigger every year, they would probably make less money off of it as it because more of a tourist destination and less of an involvement by the participants. Sorry, but spangly pants and bare tits is not "art". Unfortunately, just limiting access by making tickets more expensive probably won't help either.

The best answer is probably to let BM keep going the way its' going. Meanwhile, somewhere else, another, more authentic experience will arise.

#21 2011-10-04 20:37:40

Whenever people create collectives they will always bring their foibles with them. Even when going through authentic experiences of creative growth, building and evolution. We will always be self absorbed waffletwats at times. It is the human condition. We grow in some ways and stay locked in our human makeup all the same. That does not negate the experiences that lead to collective or personal growth. Or even shared experiences of plain old fun.

At a young age my friends and I got involved with hippie culture. And we quickly came to realize it presented a great opportunity to step out of mundane modern american post industrial existence. A chance to create interesting, if odd ways of living and rethinking the human view of the world. And another way of basic being to interact and share creativity with each other and anyone else we could draw in.  Not a single one of the people I played with could maintain complete creative openness all the time, we remain knuckleheads and outright assholes.

But just because you act like a self absorbed twatwaffle at times doesn't make your celebration any less authentic. More power to you, you freak. It just won't be as fun anymore if you don't laugh at yourself from time to time.

#22 2011-10-05 06:31:47

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Whenever people create collectives they will always bring their foibles with them. Even when going through authentic experiences of creative growth, building and evolution. We will always be self absorbed waffletwats at times. It is the human condition. We grow in some ways and stay locked in our human makeup all the same. That does not negate the experiences that lead to collective or personal growth. Or even shared experiences of plain old fun.

At a young age my friends and I got involved with hippie culture. And we quickly came to realize it presented a great opportunity to step out of mundane modern american post industrial existence. A chance to create interesting, if odd ways of living and rethinking the human view of the world. And another way of basic being to interact and share creativity with each other and anyone else we could draw in.  Not a single one of the people I played with could maintain complete creative openness all the time, we remain knuckleheads and outright assholes.

But just because you act like a self absorbed twatwaffle at times doesn't make your celebration any less authentic. More power to you, you freak. It just won't be as fun anymore if you don't laugh at yourself from time to time.

Amen.  Haters gonna . . . .

#23 2012-07-19 17:40:38

It's that time of year for the shit to hit, specifically it's Juggalo time. And this year they appear to have big ambitions and a marketing budget.

EDIT: Ironically I'm beginning to think this might make for an ideal venue for the High-Street meet-up.

Last edited by lechero (2012-07-19 17:51:40)

#24 2012-07-19 18:01:09

lechero wrote:

EDIT: Ironically I'm beginning to think this might make for an ideal venue for the High-Street meet-up.

Eeww.

#25 2012-07-19 20:04:20

I did get a chuckle out of them describing juggalos as "free thinkers" and "independents". Harley Owners Groups look like the fucking UN compared to the "originality" quotient in a juggalo-a-thon.

I'm also amazed that they sold out so quickly. Usually when acts start to slip from the public consciousness and head for the cutout bin of history they grab onto the status quo with both hands and never let go. But ICP has seen that they can parlay a 1-joke group into a regular once-a-year gig that nets them some nice promotor dough. All the way to the bank, all the way to the bank.

But I'm going, 'cause Nature Boy Rick Flair, Cheech & Chong and BizMarkee are all coming straight off their "hey, it's 1988" tour.

#26 2012-08-16 13:31:50

This just in: Your favorite large group of petty criminals and violent drug users take offense to be labeled as gang members.

#27 2012-08-16 13:44:36

To be a gang, they would have to be organized.

So I saw this and decided to Google-Image surf "Hot Juggalo".  As hard as it might be to fathom....there weren't any.

#28 2013-01-31 18:38:29

Mark your calendars, boys and girls.  February 17th is Juggalo Day and tickets go on sale tomorrow for the Annual Gathering of Juggalos.

http://mimg.ugo.com/201103/1/3/2/178231/cuts/makeup_480_poster.jpg

#29 2014-08-11 15:42:18

Wooooop wooooop motherfuckers!

Juggalos try to cut man's Insane Clown Posse tattoo because he hadn't earned it

Authorities say the victim, 31-year old Zachary Swanson, was so badly injured that doctors were forced to amputate his right arm below the elbow. He remains in critical condition.

According to police, 33-year-old Paul Martin Hurst and 35-year-old Carey Lee Edwards savagely beat Swanson, then tried to unsuccessfully carve the tattoo from his arm. When that didn’t work, the duo allegedly doused Swanson’s arm with flammable liquid and set him on fire

Last edited by lechero (2014-08-11 15:45:43)

#30 2014-08-12 18:53:32

Can we just declare open season on these motherfuckers?

#31 2014-08-12 20:43:47

Didn't they just declare open season on each other?

#32 2014-08-13 18:40:18

Emmeran wrote:

Nah, they just separated into "Us" and "Them".  I want them all wiped out.

#33 2014-08-13 19:37:13

Baywolfe wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Nah, they just separated into "Us" and "Them".  I want them all wiped out.

Too bad there's no genetic therapy that can insert genes for musical taste into an adult's brain cells. That would solve a myriad of modern problems.

#37 2014-08-15 16:49:28

The other thing that amazes me is that in the original case the ICP hired this lady

http://abovethelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Andrea-218x300.jpg

as a publicist, she gets all butt-hurt when they act even slightly like their 24/7 stage personas:

Plaintiff, an in-house publicist and attorney for the outlandish and controversial music group “The Insane Clown Posse” (known as “ICP”) was subjected to constant and pervasive harassment during her tenure, including having a large dildo given to her while at work, and being presented with “vagina tighteners.” Plaintiff was mocked, belittled, and the subject of
sexual advances from top level persons at ICP’s label, Psychopathic Records. Plaintiff was even asked to do illegal and/or unethical things at her job, including Defendants asking her to obtain automatic tommy-guns for a photo shoot. When Plaintiff refused to act unethically or illegally, and reported the sexual harassment she was experiencing at the hands of Defendants, she was terminated.

First, we know that hundreds of prop houses coast to coast can get you tommy guns. Dozens can provide live weapons for a photo shoot. So that's bullshit.

This only re-enforces my opinion of ICP: Too dumb to hire decent lawyers to make sure they lock this kind of stuff up in the contract. But I'm sure she will settle for something big enough to pay the lawyers and small enough to be affordable.

Board footer

cruelery.com