• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » How much advertising do you have to buy to overcome....

#1 2007-12-19 19:35:59

being Stormfront's candidate of choice for president?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071219/ap_ … upremacist

I imagine more than $500.00 worth.

#2 2007-12-19 23:48:35

That's fascinating.  I'm sure many Ron Paul supporters will trip all over themselves to point out that $500 isn't going to make him change his policies, but at the same time the rationale used by his staff member would apply to any amount of money from anyone.  I just don't see how it's worth it for $500.  At the very least, Ron Paul should have been the one explaining why he is keeping the money.

#3 2007-12-20 00:19:33

Should any amount of money be enough to make a person change his or her policies? I think that's the root of political evil; not politics, itself ("greed" vs. "money," if you care about the Latin proverb). It's obviously not just what we give, as constituents, but what lobbyists, television networks, and other powerful corporations can supply. There's not a single Presidential candidate free of that taint (no harm meant to Taint).

Paultards and Romnites alike understand the value of the dollar, even if the rest of the world's currency doesn't. Does Obama need a blimp, or does Hillary need to flash some nipple? White supremacists never bothered me so much. At least they're fairly consistent, and it's tough to find a poser among them, as there's apt to be in Congress.

#4 2007-12-20 00:25:05

pALEPHx wrote:

Should any amount of money be enough to make a person change his or her policies? I think that's the root of political evil; not politics, itself ("greed" vs. "money," if you care about the Latin proverb). It's obviously not just what we give, as constituents, but what lobbyists, television networks, and other powerful corporations can supply. There's not a single Presidential candidate free of that taint (no harm meant to Taint).

Paultards and Romnites alike understand the value of the dollar, even if the rest of the world's currency doesn't. Does Obama need a blimp, or does Hillary need to flash some nipple? White supremacists never bothered me so much. At least they're fairly consistent, and it's tough to find a poser among them, as there's apt to be in Congress.

Yes, but taking money from a white supremacist is similar to taking money from a pedophile.  There are some issues that the public loves to show everyone they have no tolerance for.  I guarantee you it would cost more than $500 for one of his opponents to generate the same level of bad press that this will.

#5 2007-12-20 00:47:03

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I'd keep it and think... "You fucking silly twat..."

#6 2007-12-20 02:12:05

tojo2000 wrote:

Yes, but taking money from a white supremacist is similar to taking money from a pedophile.

"Have IQs dropped sharply while I was away?"

And Huckabee didn't compare homosexuality to necrophilia.

If I were running for anything, then I'd sooner take money from neo-nazis (it'll never happen) than Xtian fundies (realizing the marginal difference). They are so much more specific. It's not my place to decide "good" or "bad" (or to honor narrow-mindedness over ambiguity, I suppose). I usually deal in those committed to an ideology. If I automatically decided that both were irrelevant because they disagreed with me, then I'd be a crappy politician. Or a High Street Irregular. Wotev.

#7 2007-12-20 02:59:39

pALEPHx wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

Yes, but taking money from a white supremacist is similar to taking money from a pedophile.

"Have IQs dropped sharply while I was away?"

And Huckabee didn't compare homosexuality to necrophilia.

If I were running for anything, then I'd sooner take money from neo-nazis (it'll never happen) than Xtian fundies (realizing the marginal difference). They are so much more specific. It's not my place to decide "good" or "bad" (or to honor narrow-mindedness over ambiguity, I suppose). I usually deal in those committed to an ideology. If I automatically decided that both were irrelevant because they disagreed with me, then I'd be a crappy politician. Or a High Street Irregular. Wotev.

a) Not everyone will take such offense to such obvious asshattery when it comes to homosexuality, the world is changing but still has a ways to go, but still b)  Huckabee is getting hit pretty hard for his stances on homosexuality and also the role of women in society.  He may seem to be gaining momentum in the media, but he's also a titanium wedge down the middle of the Republican party for that reason.  There are MANY Republicans bemoaning every inch of ground he seems to gain as a result of being the "religous" candidate (who isn't a *whisper* Mormon */whisper*.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » How much advertising do you have to buy to overcome....

Board footer

cruelery.com