#1 2012-07-06 08:29:54

Below is a link to a LiveJournal blog I started in 2005 when Cruel was in its death throes.  I only made a few entries, but I thought you guys would get a few laughs from it.

http://fnords-journal.livejournal.com/

Last edited by fnord (2012-07-06 08:33:44)

#2 2012-07-07 02:25:15

Sorry fnord, can't load that, what ever it is.

#3 2012-07-07 02:52:53

Prediction Powers were at a wane then I see.

#4 2012-07-07 03:39:34

Dmtdust wrote:

Prediction Powers were at a wane then I see.

I was wrong that LA was going to burn in the summer of 2005.  I wasn't the only one though.  Many people were expecting riots that year.  And actually I'm glad it didn't happen, because I was living behind the Orange Curtain at that time, and rioting in South-Central would have had an impact on my life.

Did you read any of the rest of my entries? Below is a snapshot of what was happening with the Cruel Gang back then:

fnord wrote:

When is rcade going to bring the message boards back? I want my daily Cruel Fix! I miss the sick little dysfunctional community there. New York Jew is a twisted and evil man, I am in awe as I watch him mess with peoples’ minds. Dirkman is a trip, always asking women if they want to fuck, and flashing his dick all over the web. My dear sweet (and very hot!) cousin Cherry Vanilla flashed her tits and is now being chased by every hormonal case on the board. I wonder if fiestycharlie has given birth to little Whorina yet. Her husband is worried "those Cruel people" want to find her and cut Whorina out and take Whorina for some sick purpose! Not to worry, most Cruelers hate children and are quite willing to let feisty keep Whorina. Before the board went down Dirkman had started coming on to our current troll, smarterthanU. Dirkman has a fantasy about a romantic interlude culminating in his slowly and lovingly choking a woman to death. The troll is a moderately intelligent but delusional twit who has delusions of grandeur and tells us she is doing an anthropological study of Internet communities. I am looking forward to her having a psychotic break online. Roger That (AKA smitty) was starting to come on to her old boyfriend The Oracle (AKA Ptah & poopcorn). These are the major story lines at the moment.

#5 2012-07-07 12:12:07

I read it ad enjoyed it.  I wonder if Dirk ever did the deed.

#6 2012-07-07 13:53:47

It was a bleak period and reading your blog brought it all back up like a bad taco.  Still, I could never fill the void left by Cruel's demise with Morning Oats.  It just didn't work for me.  High-Street is a much better dive bar.  Some of those you missed then I still miss today.  Cates, Gray and Feisty are but examples.  Some I miss less. 

Robert Wyatt said, "I prefer the mystic clouds of nostalgia to the real thing, to be honest,"  but Zappa may have been closer to the truth, however, when he speculated that the world would end not either in fire or ice, but rather in paperwork or nostalgia.

Last edited by Fled (2012-07-07 13:54:51)

#7 2012-07-07 14:05:38

Dmtdust wrote:

I read it ad enjoyed it.  I wonder if Dirk ever did the deed.

Suppose we'll never know. Never found the body. Haw, Haw, Haw.

Last edited by choad (2012-07-07 14:08:11)

#8 2012-07-08 00:26:32

I don’t miss Horseonovich. Nobody misses that pompous delusional permatroll with saggy mantits!

Two days later

My degradation is complete! I have posted on The Morning Oats, the blog that Horse maintains. ... The longer Cruel is down, the more Horse seems like an old friend, and not an annoying attention whore. I must be in Hell.

Horse brought drama and angst.  Personally I miss the old miscreant.   

I also hope DMTdust doesn’t flood the board with lame shit.

HAW HAW!

#9 2012-07-08 01:10:39

opsec wrote:

I don’t miss Horseonovich. Nobody misses that pompous delusional permatroll with saggy mantits!

Two days later

My degradation is complete! I have posted on The Morning Oats, the blog that Horse maintains. ... The longer Cruel is down, the more Horse seems like an old friend, and not an annoying attention whore. I must be in Hell.

Horse brought drama and angst.  Personally I miss the old miscreant.   

I also hope DMTdust doesn’t flood the board with lame shit.

HAW HAW!

Who was this from?

#10 2012-07-08 01:21:51

There is no way to compare Cruel to High-Street. Cruel existed at a time when there was plenty of shock and awe on the web. High-Street is more about shocking and awing ourselves. That's why political, social, and geographical arguments rein supreme now. I personally find it a very boring time, unfortunately.  But Hey! Sofaking's back (I think?).

#11 2012-07-08 01:53:51

the period(s) of discovery and revelation always seems like peaks. 

I miss Benzie, and I talked to Cates for awhile after he became an L.A. clone.  .  You see it with Brits all the time, sad to say.

I talk to Feisty weekly.  She is doing well.

#12 2012-07-08 02:51:08

Fled and Zappa are right. Next, y'all will pine for payphones and bubonic plague.

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/coinreturn.jpghttps://cruelery.com/sidepic/SAVETHEWHALE.JPG

The wide eye wonder is gone. So are the newspapers that fed it. Rupert ate them. High Street will pass the five year mark in a couple weeks. I turn 58 today. Jesus Christ on iceskates.

Here's the deal. The names and numbers have remained oddly the same since cruel passed away in 2007. Sleep tight.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#13 2012-07-08 14:47:29

choad wrote:

High Street will pass the five year mark in a couple weeks. I turn 58 today. Jesus Christ on iceskates.

Here's the deal. The names and numbers have remained oddly the same since cruel passed away in 2007. Sleep tight.

1)  Hippo birdie!  Hippo birdie two ewes!

2)  I remain skeptical that five fucking years have passed since I gleefully changed my home page to High-Street.  This simply cannot be.  It was, like, last March or something.

#14 2012-07-08 15:38:34

Happy Bidet!

#15 2012-07-08 15:51:37

I'm so old, I've stayed in a Motel 6 for $6.00. True story.

#16 2012-07-08 16:34:17

sigmoid freud wrote:

I'm so old, I've stayed in a Motel 6 for $6.00. True story.

Oh fuck, I'm in that club.

#17 2012-07-08 20:49:22

ExileOnFnordJournal wrote:

My degradation is complete! I have posted on The Morning Oats, the blog that {HeWhoShallNotBeNamed} maintains.

If it makes you feel any better retrospectively, that site was not actually maintained by HeWhoShallNotBeNamed.  A few of us knew who was be-hind it; But, I can-not recall if HeWhoShallNotBeNamed ever figured it out (So, to "be on the safe side," I will refrain from "giving the game away" despite the passage of years).

opsec wrote:

{HeWhoShallNotBeNamed} brought drama and angst.  Personally I miss the old miscreant.

It was a rarity that I could make it through one of his fecal obsessed* post; But, I will admit that he had a way of bringing everybody together in their spite of him.  As we could never agree on much else, I suppose that was rather nice.

* I am generally "of the school" of Jung; But, people like HeWhoShallNotBeNamed give you a bit of an idea of where Freud got his ideas **.

** I have always been of the opinion that Freud, allowing his own sexual repression/obsession to define his personality and every motivation, simply assumed that everybody was as twisted as he.

#18 2012-07-08 22:42:31

Decadence wrote:

ExileOnFnordJournal wrote:

My degradation is complete! I have posted on The Morning Oats, the blog that {HeWhoShallNotBeNamed} maintains.

If it makes you feel any better retrospectively, that site was not actually maintained by HeWhoShallNotBeNamed.  A few of us knew who was be-hind it; But, I can-not recall if HeWhoShallNotBeNamed ever figured it out (So, to "be on the safe side," I will refrain from "giving the game away" despite the passage of years).

I did find out who was behind The Morning Oats at some point after I made that post.  I just regained access to, and re-read my exile blog a few days ago, which is why I thought you guys would be amused by where I was at back then.

#19 2012-07-08 23:25:57

Fnord, I understand it comes with attachments.  Your speed may vary!

http://sell.lulusoso.com/selling-leads/ … rider.html

#20 2012-07-08 23:51:42

https://cruelery.com/uploads/13_live-long-enough-shit-birthday-ecard-someecards.jpg

Happy Birthday Choad!

#21 2012-07-09 06:18:00

That old LiveJournal of yours was an interesting read and brought back some memories for me, fnord.
I must admit to occasional bouts of nostalgia when I reminisce about the bygone days of Cruel - even when Horseonvich was a presence.  In fact, he remains to this day one of my most inspirational Photoshop subjects.

For instance, there was the time he took the ill-fated canoe trip that culminated with him having to step up into a bush in a desperate attempt to escape a marauding gang of butt-raping hillbillies...

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7766/horseytreedrt.jpg

Good times.  Good times.

#22 2012-07-09 07:47:12

Aude wrote:

For instance, there was the time he took the ill-fated canoe trip that culminated with him having to step up into a bush in a desperate attempt to escape a marauding gang of butt-raping hillbillies...

20 Facts About "Deliverance" That Will Make You Squeal Like A Pig *

* I believe that George submitted this one as a "Short-Bus" hyper-link a couple of years back.  If I have not thanked her for pointing that particular site out yet, I should do so now.  I have no intention at all of doing so, mind you; But, I will, at a minimum, acknowledge that I should.  You are well-come.

And, if some other Sod actually recommended it, and feels that they deserve the credit for the entertainment which that site has provided me, they can go fuck them-selves slow and sensuously (You know how I like it, Babe *)

* I'll Be In My Bunk (Or, Ten Reasons Why "Firefly" Was Better Off Being Canceled After One Season):

1)  Seriously, did you not watch even one episode of season three of "Buffy"?  What in the fuck was that about?

2)  Simple math:  If X = Cancellation of "Firefly" and Y = a Holy-Wood writer's strike; Then X+Y=Neil Patrick Harris & Nathan Filliion Being hilarious divided by Felicia Day being her normal quirky/cute self (Bonus:  Did not effect production time on "The Guild").

3)  Sorry - Seconal "kicked in" at this point, and I've no idea "where I was going" with this.

Last edited by Decadence (2012-07-09 07:52:16)

#23 2012-07-09 08:28:31

Aude wrote:

I knew Brooklyn when I was kid, when we were both kids, before gentrification. There were squealing Tommy clones every block for miles in every direction. Didn't you find enough of class/housemates-from-hell, and Frank Burns coworkers to torment?

#24 2012-07-10 23:21:26

Decadence wrote:

He knew, for a long time. Not much he could do about it though. The Clitorati had him excluded from a number of arenas, which were often used to plot against him/fuck with his head, along with a number of others. Anyone remember MEG?

#25 2012-07-10 23:30:16

Those were the days....  I miss the old cruel.....

#26 2012-07-13 13:23:27

Zombie Elvis wrote:

Anyone remember MEG?

First person to post an image of her "ass shot" gets either a life-time ban or a slice of coconut cream-pie with a tall glass of milk.  We will figure out which way we want to go on that later.

#27 2012-07-13 13:39:28

Zombie Elvis wrote:

Decadence wrote:

He knew, for a long time. Not much he could do about it though. The Clitorati had him excluded from a number of arenas, which were often used to plot against him/fuck with his head, along with a number of others. Anyone remember MEG?

Hi ZED!!!  Where ya been?  How's it going?

#28 2012-07-14 07:10:38

I'm Fucking Awesome!

What's My Yahoo Account??????

#29 2012-07-14 17:42:11

Zombie Elvis wrote:

I'm Fucking Awesome!

What's My Yahoo Account??????

Beats the hell outta me.  I haven't logged into Yahoo IM in so long.  I use gchat exclusively these days, for when I actually do use chat...

#30 2022-12-10 19:20:59

JEW

I think I was there.  I’m pretty sure.  Can’t be sure of everything though.

#31 2022-12-11 02:31:54

Here tomorrow, gone today.

#32 2022-12-22 07:51:03

Oh boy, this made me laugh and brought back some memories.  Just thought I'd drop by the board then disappear back into the ether...

#33 2022-12-22 08:18:17

Hi, bye, RT.

#34 2022-12-22 09:03:02

And just like that, poof, Roger That was gone

#35 2022-12-22 09:37:57

I'm still here.  For now.

#36 2022-12-22 11:20:35

He's riffing on The Usual Suspects.  Keyser Söze and all that.

#37 2022-12-22 14:52:03

Weeewhooooo!

Board footer

cruelery.com