#1 2013-03-08 15:30:38

Seriously, when did this turn into CSPAN FOX NEWS MSNBC OR DRUDGE???

Don't you all have anything more interesting to say?

I'd honestly rather hear about your bowel movements or Taint's gall bladder removal than another wad of political piss and shit.

I thought this place was for cruel or amusing or whatever, LINKS.

Sorry I don't have anything to offer in that way right now, but at least this RANT does not contain some gun arguements, conspiracy theories that aren't funny, or other political figurehead mumbo jumbo.

STEP IT UP PEOPLE.  OR SHOW US YOUR TITS?

#3 2013-03-08 15:54:04

Now, that's more like it!

#4 2013-03-08 15:54:58

And now... yours?

#5 2013-03-08 16:57:50

Roger_That wrote:

I'd honestly rather hear about your bowel movements or Taint's gall bladder removal than another wad of political piss and shit.

Although I seldom miss a chance to post to a political thread (or start one), I agree with you.  However, I must point out that within the past week I have also posted threads about a lion eating a woman having sex with her boyfriend in the bush, a survey revealing we are not as perverted as we thought, and the story about the nurse who refused CPR to the old lady.  Now the rest of you please step up to the plate (you too RT).

#6 2013-03-08 17:00:00

Rog, I am partly responsible for your lack of entertainment.  I love to talk about how much i hate politics.  otoh, i feel no need to entertain you at all.  (actually, I have not one single fucking clue where to find cool images.  I only do music.)

Anyway, I would rather talk about how dick cheney's descended colon affects the vassilations of the stock market than to have to look at jack nicholson's moobs.  And what is that he's eating, a foot-long-gas-station-chili-dog?

Last edited by Lip shitz (2013-03-08 17:02:28)

#7 2013-03-08 18:40:19

Roger_That wrote:

I thought this place was for cruel or amusing or whatever, LINKS.

Sorry I don't have anything to offer in that way right now, but at least this RANT does not contain some gun arguements, conspiracy theories that aren't funny, or other political figurehead mumbo jumbo.

STEP IT UP PEOPLE.  OR SHOW US YOUR TITS?

Aw. Does Your Pussy Hurt?  (this type of useless posting was the original reason for my name. Thanks for the opportunity to use it)

#8 2013-03-08 19:52:08

Actually, this post was at the request of one of our oldest and dearest members.  Seems I'm not the only one with a distaste for the politcal crapstorm that has taken over this place.

Since I started the thread, I don't see the need to post something entertaining, as I am not trying to entertain myself.  You all, however, should post non political stuff as often as possible.

Pussy, fuck off or I'll shove my hot curling iron of justice up your quivering puckerstar.

#9 2013-03-08 20:30:46

Roger_That wrote:

I'll shove my hot curling iron of justice up your quivering puckerstar.

I'd pay to watch that.

#10 2013-03-08 21:12:04

Roger, my posting of links has declined recently because I've been razzing the black racists at Topix.

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam

Unfortunately, most of them have limited intelligence, so I'll get bored with them soon and spend more time here.

#11 2013-03-08 22:54:43

Roger_That wrote:

Actually, this post was at the request of one of our oldest and dearest members.  Seems I'm not the only one with a distaste for the politcal crapstorm that has taken over this place.

Since I started the thread, I don't see the need to post something entertaining, as I am not trying to entertain myself.  You all, however, should post non political stuff as often as possible.

Pussy, fuck off or I'll shove my hot curling iron of justice up your quivering puckerstar.

Honey, I have had far better.

#12 2013-03-08 22:57:49

What the hell, Rog. I didn't think this was worthy of a thread, but since you asked,  I'll put up the two parts that are HS-worthy.  At least to me.

The city of Austin, Texas, decided that "Solid Waste Services Department" wasn't a very attractive name for their garbage dump, because apparently those are things that need to sound appealing. So, a poll was set up on the Austin community forum for residents to suggest new names and vote on their favorite ones. After a tense race, the clear winner that emerged was "The Fred Durst Society of the Humanities and Arts."

Despite getting an endorsement from Durst himself, the city decided on "Austin Resource Recovery," which sounds like a theoretical mining operation.

When a pizza place created a green apple flavor of Mountain Dew and held an online poll to name it, 4chan stepped in to populate the list of finalists with names like "Diabeetus," "Fapple," and "Sierra Mist." The top suggestion, earning the most votes by a landslide, was "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong."

#13 2013-03-09 00:42:19

Roger_That wrote:

Because Bush and Obama.  And the jews.  And 9/11.  And global warming (now rebooted as climate change.)

As a long time lurker, I always used to read (and love) how this place was so gleefully distasteful towards everything -- then it slowly became a libtard circle jerk with one stalwart conservative.  fortinbras, cathy, etc. are rarely seen anymore.

Cruel.com was great back in the 90s.  It was even once in an issue of Yahoo! Internet Life magazine back in 1996. 

Too bad no one saved any of the cruel sites of the day.

#14 2013-03-09 00:51:22

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-0 … itics.html

Somehow the blossom of respect which bloomed after WW-II has withered and died - I'm not sure I buy into the sentiment but mass media sure has changed things.

#15 2013-03-09 00:52:27

Egoist wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

Because Bush and Obama.  And the jews.  And 9/11.  And global warming (now rebooted as climate change.)

As a long time lurker, I always used to read (and love) how this place was so gleefully distasteful towards everything -- then it slowly became a libtard circle jerk with one stalwart conservative.  fortinbras, cathy, etc. are rarely seen anymore.

Cruel.com was great back in the 90s.  It was even once in an issue of Yahoo! Internet Life magazine back in 1996. 

Too bad no one saved any of the cruel sites of the day.

The Way-Back Machine is your friend

#16 2013-03-09 01:31:34

Emmeran wrote:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-07/oswald-s-gun-and-the-decline-of-american-politics.html

Somehow the blossom of respect which bloomed after WW-II has withered and died - I'm not sure I buy into the sentiment but mass media sure has changed things.

We're dumb, myopic beasts who adapt to technological change slowly and painfully if at all before we croak anyhow for our trouble. Picture Phreddy at his ipad keypad or imagine trying to remember your dolphin name.

#17 2013-03-09 03:10:38

Emmeran wrote:

I'm not sure I buy into the sentiment but mass media sure has changed things.

We finally agree.

The internet allowed people to more easily self-radicalize.  If you HATE fox (yes, hannity and o'reilly are fucktards) but ignore NBC/MSNBC editing Zimmerman phone calls & M. Obaaaama inane statements, Andrea Mitchell calling JSJ's crimes a "sad day" because he got caught, etc. you're lower than a child murderer.

There was the crazy "conservatives" who waxed about Clinton land grabs, black helicopters, and all.  They are/were fucking idiots and mocked as lunatics.  And rightfully so.  They were a sizable minority.  But Bush Derangement Syndrome adherents (the turkey was plastic!  no war for oil! and now OWS) is commonplace, accepted and tolerated. 

As a libertarian with a big labor streak, it's kind of like Sophie's Choice, except I want both kids to die.

The wayback machine doesn't usually have the stuff cruel.com linked on xoom, tripod, geocities, often wasn't saved.

edited:  I'm drunk.  Damn you black butte porter.

Last edited by Egoist (2013-03-09 03:20:15)

#18 2013-03-09 09:14:01

I'm unplugged - meaning I don't have cable - have been for more than a year.  Nobody watches TV anymore, keep up with the times.

#19 2013-03-09 09:44:34

Emmeran wrote:

Nobody watches TV anymore, keep up with the times.

Keep up with the times your own damn self.  TeeVee is enjoying a renaissance.  Not everything about 21st Century media is bad.

#20 2013-03-09 11:41:35

George Orr wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Keep up with the times your own damn self.  TeeVee is enjoying a renaissance.  Not everything about 21st Century media is bad.

Eh?  Netflix, Amazon Prime, Xbox Video, RedBoxInstant and broadcast HD - why would I ever pay a cable company again?

#21 2013-03-10 10:32:57

Emmeran wrote:

George Orr wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Eh?  Netflix, Amazon Prime, Xbox Video, RedBoxInstant and broadcast HD - why would I ever pay a cable company again?

So what you're saying is that you do watch television shows.  Your statement, while not strictly a lie, was deceptive.  More TV snobbery?  I'm a bit surprised at you.

#22 2013-03-10 11:07:21

George Orr wrote:

So what you're saying is that you do watch television shows.  Your statement, while not strictly a lie, was deceptive.  More TV snobbery?  I'm a bit surprised at you.

Truth be told we are actually much more addicted to our video games (which are much like movies these days) and Minecraft, so yes that could be viewed as deceptive.  Like most Americans we do spend far too much time sitting on our fat asses staring at a screen.

#23 2013-03-10 13:06:40

The one consolation I have is that when I sit here at my computer, my leg bounces non-stop. Is that exercise? Not hardly, but I guess I burn a few calories.

#24 2013-03-10 15:52:44

https://cruelery.com/uploads/30_jesus-hitler-tcb.jpg
Hey Roger_That.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Board footer

cruelery.com