#2 2013-03-20 23:14:36

A friend of mine went to high school with Jay Cutler. She says he regularly propositions her whenever he's around, and is generally an asshole of goatsesque proportions.

#3 2013-03-20 23:37:28

I don't have a large sample size to back this up, but my theory is that 35% of professional athletes are assholes 100% of the time, 35% are assholes 50% of the time and the remaining 30% are on the bench.  Quarterbacks however are almost always assholes.  Not peer reviewed, just an observation.

#4 2013-03-21 00:08:04

opsec wrote:

I don't have a large sample size to back this up, but my theory is that 35% of professional athletes are assholes 100% of the time, 35% are assholes 50% of the time and the remaining 30% are on the bench.  Quarterbacks however are almost always assholes.  Not peer reviewed, just an observation.

Restricting this to athletes is a bit short sighted, run those same percentages simply using the titles of any successful over-paid professional regardless of sex or profession.

There have been several major league female Investment Professionals who tried to sandbag me after I politely declined to sleep with them - not claiming to be the worlds most faithful husband at that point however when the children were toddlers I did show a modicum of restraint.

I suspect this this behavior has more to do with personality and excessive accolades which create a feeling of entitlement.

#5 2013-03-21 00:25:11

Emmeran wrote:

Restricting this to athletes is a bit short sighted, run those same percentages simply using the titles of any successful over-paid professional regardless of sex or profession.

I didn't reference gender.  Or sex. 

Emmeran wrote:

I politely declined to sleep with them

I always assumed you had class.

Emmeran wrote:

not claiming to be the worlds most faithful husband

Wait... what?

Emmeran wrote:

I did show a modicum of restraint.

Did I mention the party we're throwing in Purgatory?

#6 2013-03-21 01:56:26

Opsec wrote:

Did I mention the party we're throwing in Purgatory?

If I can get a day pass out of Hades I will be there with bells on...

#7 2013-03-21 14:07:22

The hell with Cutler.  This is the sad news in the windy city.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 … ter-payton

#8 2013-03-21 14:14:26

MSG Tripps wrote:

The hell with Cutler.  This is the sad news in the windy city.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 … ter-payton

I didn't know you were in Chi-town, I'll be rolling through there in a few weeks.

#9 2013-03-21 17:13:53

Emmeran wrote:

I didn't know you were in Chi-town, I'll be rolling through there in a few weeks.

What are your plans when you hit Chicago?

#10 2013-03-21 19:05:30

MSG Tripps wrote:

None yet - the future father-in-law wants to go visit some old family graves so my son and I are kind of adrift for the day.  I know there is a famous pizza pie joint there but embarrassingly enough I just don't have any other sites on my list to visit.  Being from Omaha you'd think I would know more about the closest major metropolis, sadly I do not; recommendations are appreciated.

#11 2013-03-21 21:05:52

Emmeran wrote:

MSG Tripps wrote:

None yet - the future father-in-law wants to go visit some old family graves so my son and I are kind of adrift for the day.  I know there is a famous pizza pie joint there but embarrassingly enough I just don't have any other sites on my list to visit.  Being from Omaha you'd think I would know more about the closest major metropolis, sadly I do not; recommendations are appreciated.

1060 West Addison.

#12 2013-03-21 21:27:44

Baywolfe wrote:

1060 West Addison.

Wrigley Field.  Sure, why not.

#13 2013-03-22 00:21:03

MSG Tripps wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

1060 West Addison.

Not a bad suggestion but a day prior we will be touring Lincoln Memorial Stadium which oddly enough means a hell of a lot more to us Cornhusker boys. My boy is a musician - any suggestions based on that?

I feel like an idiot - I know more about London, Munich and Sydney than I do about Chicago and I grew up a hop, skip and a jump from Chi-town.

#14 2013-03-22 13:32:12

Emmeran wrote:

MSG Tripps wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

1060 West Addison.

Not a bad suggestion but a day prior we will be touring Lincoln Memorial Stadium which oddly enough means a hell of a lot more to us Cornhusker boys. My boy is a musician - any suggestions based on that?

I feel like an idiot - I know more about London, Munich and Sydney than I do about Chicago and I grew up a hop, skip and a jump from Chi-town.

Drive to Cleveland and go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. :-)

#15 2013-03-22 16:08:57

Baywolfe wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

MSG Tripps wrote:

Drive to Cleveland and go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. :-)

We'll be rolling through Cleveland the next day but on that leg we're going to try to make it all of the way to outskirts of Philly to visit an old friend and grab a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.

Chi-town is the only layover where I don't have a plan for myself, perhaps I should just do the manly solitude thing by genuflecting at a good strip club.

#16 2013-03-22 16:12:20

Emmeran wrote:

My boy is a musician - any suggestions based on that?

http://www.chicagobluesguide.com/guide/ … -page.html

Also, Mighty long drive from Chicago to Philly. Just so ya know.

Last edited by Bigcat (2013-03-22 16:12:49)

#17 2013-03-22 16:51:47

Bigcat wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

My boy is a musician - any suggestions based on that?

http://www.chicagobluesguide.com/guide/ … -page.html

Also, Mighty long drive from Chicago to Philly. Just so ya know.

Yup - but we're starting the trip by dipping our toes in the Pacific Ocean down at Surf City USA, I think by that point in the journey we'll be ready for a hard push just to finish the thing off.  Spend a day in Philly then up to Choad's neck of the woods.  (going to take the long way around NYC, doesn't seem worth the hassle)

However a Blues Club tour for him might be right on time.

#18 2013-03-22 17:06:56

Anyone who is interested can PM me and I'll share our precise itinerary, it's a 3,300 mile journey from start to finish.  Should everything go as planned it will take us 12 days.  The normal routine will be to drive 400~500 miles per day with requisite stops for food, dog walking, etc. and then an overnight stay.  We will run two days at a time with extended stops in Salt Lake City, Omaha, Chicago and Philly.

We have three cars, two being driven and one being towed, we will have four drivers: myself, Melons, Melons father and my son.  Passengers are two boys, two dogs and a cat named Kalamazoo.  We're gonna leave town in a pickup truck and try to make our dreams come true.

(Ok - so the cat isn't named Kalamazoo and actually the dog isn't call Jake - however the cat does prefer Rye)

Board footer

cruelery.com