#1 2013-04-15 15:46:49

Where's Choad?

#2 2013-04-15 16:08:46

Well, should we draw any conclusion that it is  both Taxman day and Mass's Patriot's day (the commemoration of militia holding the line at Lexington and Concord which changes up every year).

#3 2013-04-15 16:25:19

Holy Crap.

#4 2013-04-15 16:29:01

Looks like the Wareham Liberation Front has has raised its ugly head again...

Last edited by lechero (2013-04-15 16:30:04)

#5 2013-04-15 16:41:58

Reading a book. Remember them? My neighborhood power tools all croaked at once, so I figured I'd better check. Takes longer to get to Boston from here than it did 150 years ago.

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/roadrage.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#6 2013-04-15 16:44:56

Home grown terrorist is my bet.

#7 2013-04-15 17:00:43

Well it is Boston, home to some of the finest protection rackets in the country. Maybe someone did not get as much as they wanted in homeland security spending? Wanted to have the budget redrawn for next year?

#8 2013-04-15 17:12:41

Post is reporting Saudi National with video surveillance of multiple bookbags being brought to site.

Last edited by Scotty (2013-04-15 17:13:00)

#9 2013-04-15 17:16:30

Didn't Roger take up running recently?  Isn't she in the vicinity?  Need a heads up on your puckerstar sweetheart!

#10 2013-04-15 17:21:48

whosasailorthen wrote:

Home grown terrorist is my bet.

The BBC has a video, the explosion wasn't particularly impressive - looks pretty amateur.  Not like that matters to those dead and injured.

#11 2013-04-15 17:25:55

Daughter(tm) had scheduled a trip to that area of Boston today, she cancelled 'cuz of the Boston Marathon crowds.

Serious moment of Daddy Panic when her phone was dead and I didn't know that she had cancelled the trip.

#12 2013-04-15 17:32:35

Cell phone service has been shut down to prevent any remote detonations.

#13 2013-04-15 17:57:32

Emmeran wrote:

Daughter(tm) had scheduled a trip to that area of Boston today, she cancelled 'cuz of the Boston Marathon crowds.

Serious moment of Daddy Panic when her phone was dead and I didn't know that she had cancelled the trip.

Glad she's safe, Em.

#14 2013-04-15 18:13:35

Scotty wrote:

Didn't Roger take up running recently?  Isn't she in the vicinity?  Need a heads up on your puckerstar sweetheart!

Nope, no way in hell I'd qualify for Boston.  I do have friends that were in the race, all accounted for.

#15 2013-04-15 18:28:06

whosasailorthen wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Glad she's safe, Em.

Thanks Sailorman - it's got to be some one off nut job, just too poorly executed to be a major group.

#16 2013-04-15 18:51:14

http://picturevip.com/images/33d9cccjc.jpg
http://picturevip.com/images/fmd117y.jpg
https://cruelery.com/img/2013bostonmarathon.jpg

#17 2013-04-15 18:53:09

So Yahoo News is tacky enough to run a video advert in front of their report, these people really don't have any sense of propriety or shame.

#18 2013-04-15 19:57:43

My Boston relatives are all OK.  They were all at work, and went home after the attack.  One works near the finish line and is receiving phone counseling from her mother as I'm typing this.

#19 2013-04-15 20:09:16

fnord wrote:

My Boston relatives are all OK.  They were all at work, and went home after the attack.  One works near the finish line and is receiving phone counseling from her mother as I'm typing this.

Good to hear

#20 2013-04-15 21:48:10

Who hates marathoners? Maybe it was a disgruntled bus driver?

And how that guy in the last of choad's pics is still conscious, I'll never know.

For once, I'm NOT rushing to judgement. I say we give it a day or two before we gas up the hate-bus.

#21 2013-04-15 23:38:30

GooberMcNutly wrote:

And how that guy in the last of choad's pics is still conscious, I'll never know.

Tourniquets and adrenaline.

#22 2013-04-16 00:17:35

Actually, in catastrophic loss of limbs, often shock causes blood flow to slow significantly, greatly reducing blood loss.  And after all, that's what shock is designed to do - re-route blood to the core.  I saw this several times as an EMT, and it really is remarkable.

#23 2013-04-16 02:34:27

Jesus, Mary mother of God - what have we become???

https://cruelery.com/uploads/11_metro_swat.jpg

#24 2013-04-16 02:39:17

whosasailorthen wrote:

Actually, in catastrophic loss of limbs, often shock causes blood flow to slow significantly, greatly reducing blood loss.  And after all, that's what shock is designed to do - re-route blood to the core.  I saw this several times as an EMT, and it really is remarkable.

Ah, that had never occurred to me. That is remarkable. I saw that photo on line just a little while after it had been taken and I've spent all day thinking about that poor man, wondering what stage of care he was in and how he has been managing. More than any other photo or video, that horrible picture brought the personal cost of the bombing home.

#25 2013-04-16 08:04:39

Emmeran wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I'm sure you can stabilize someone's blood loss and the onset of shock has seen me through a couple of nasty scrapes in my day, but if I looked down and saw that on the end of one of my stumps, I would want someone to hit me over the head with a big cartoon hammer or at least blindfold me. The mental trauma will live in his head a long time.

It still makes my toes curl (and not in a good way) to think about it.

#26 2013-04-16 08:06:51

Emmeran wrote:

Jesus, Mary mother of God - what have we become???

https://cruelery.com/uploads/11_metro_swat.jpg

Come now, they can't get blood or street grime on their flak jackets, those babies can't be washed in the washing machine!

At least the LAPD would be out doing something. Probably shooting every Arab in sight, but at least they would be doing *something*.

#27 2013-04-16 08:26:05

God, I was eating breakfast when I saw that photo.  Can't get it out of my head now.  UGH.  Horrible, and feel so sorry for that guy.

#28 2013-04-16 08:53:28

I agree with RT, Taint and all others about that photo and the poor guy who has to live with such a devastating injury.  Talk about harsh, and senseless.

#29 2013-04-16 09:22:20

Fled wrote:

I agree with RT, Taint and all others about that photo and the poor guy who has to live with such a devastating injury.  Talk about harsh, and senseless.

He wasn't the only one... I'm told that about 25 or more may have lost limbs.

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I'm sure you can stabilize someone's blood loss and the onset of shock has seen me through a couple of nasty scrapes in my day, but if I looked down and saw that on the end of one of my stumps, I would want someone to hit me over the head with a big cartoon hammer or at least blindfold me. The mental trauma will live in his head a long time.

It still makes my toes curl (and not in a good way) to think about it.

You can clearly see he's in shock - note the ashen complexion and his focus.

#30 2013-04-16 10:19:53

I know R_T has so many of you cowed into silence but can we get back to more false flag accusations and less about the newly minted Pistorious'?

Axelrod begins the groundwork for marginalizing white males.

Slobbering Barney Frank makes a plea for Marxo-Fascism to expand under the current administration.

Bigfoot implicated in bombings.

#32 2013-04-16 13:23:10

Middle Eastern.  Two subjects currently in custody.  Coordinated attack.  Initial devices were intended as primary front.  Unexploded secondary devices intended to wound fleeing civilians and first responders.  Secondaries were unable to be detonated due to primaries injuring one of the suspects in custody.

That is all.

#33 2013-04-16 13:30:42

Scotty wrote:

I know R_T has so many of you cowed into silence but can we get back to more false flag accusations and less about the newly minted Pistorious'?

Axelrod begins the groundwork for marginalizing white males.

Slobbering Barney Frank makes a plea for Marxo-Fascism to expand under the current administration.

Bigfoot implicated in bombings.

Thank you for being the voice of reason and sanity in the midst of all this chaos.

#34 2013-04-16 15:22:09

NYTimes wrote:

A law enforcement official said at least one and probably both of the bombs were pressure cookers filed with nails and ball bearings and black powder that were detonated with rudimentary “kitchen-type” timers. The official said investigators believe the bombs were hidden inside bags or backpacks and left on the street or sidewalk near the finish line.

Amateurs or an attempt to look that way.

https://cruelery.com/img/froglegs.jpg

Too soon?

#35 2013-04-16 15:34:54

choad wrote:

NYTimes wrote:

A law enforcement official said at least one and probably both of the bombs were pressure cookers filed with nails and ball bearings and black powder that were detonated with rudimentary “kitchen-type” timers. The official said investigators believe the bombs were hidden inside bags or backpacks and left on the street or sidewalk near the finish line.

https://cruelery.com/img/froglegs.jpg

Too soon?

You need to ask?

#36 2013-04-16 17:01:15

choad wrote:

NYTimes wrote:

[indent]

Since when is a pressure cooker "amateur"? Using locally sourced materials that are not typically associated with bombs is standard operating procedure.

At least the suspect was dumb enough to get daisy-cuttered by his own bomb or all of us who had bought pressure cookers in the last 10 years would have been under a microscope right now.

I better stock up on black powder for my muzzle loaders before it becomes proscribed...

(Edit for better link)

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2013-04-16 17:01:55)

#37 2013-04-16 17:30:50

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/pickhim.png

#38 2013-04-16 21:36:13

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I better stock up on black powder for my muzzle loaders before it becomes proscribed...

...and I'm gonna stock up on acetone and MEK... I suspect both will be pulled of the shelves entirely very soon.  MEK is already really hard to find.  There's no other solvents that do what they do with painting and other automotive jobs.  I figure about 10 gallons of each ought to do me for a while.  Gonna have to buy them at multiple stores, though. *sigh*

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2013-04-16 21:37:05)

#39 2013-04-16 23:31:47

#40 2013-04-17 08:03:23

I cannot believe the shit that passes for words on paper nowadays.  I am literally incensed at every single use of a letter to form words to form sentences in this piece.

Jihad.

Jihad is the answer not some, holy fucking shit am I seeing red, so called white privilege.  If all(or even an approximately equal amount of fringe kooks) the white men in America were clamoring to subjugate and destroy the rest of the world as vocally as many of the Islamist faith were then this article could hold one single valid point. 

If the world hotspots were comprised of a majority of white men trying to destroy their neighbors I might give this vomitous garbage a chance.  As it stands 80-95% of the world shooting wars involve Muslims.

I have to go dark.  I cannot continue to engage in a world where I have to read such fantastical bullshit.

#41 2013-04-17 08:46:21

Scotty wrote:

I cannot believe the shit that passes for words on paper nowadays.  I am literally incensed at every single use of a letter to form words to form sentences in this piece.

Jihad.
I have to go dark.  I cannot continue to engage in a world where I have to read such fantastical bullshit.

While I also get a incensed at the tone of the article, it's nothing about Jihad, but primarily about White Guilt. The author obviously wants to be profiled, harangued, stop-and-frisked, told to assume "the position" and otherwise felt up. What else would bring some excitement and meaning to his boring pasty-white life?

The sad, but inescapable truth is that when an Arab commits terrorism, they are one of the 2-3% of the population, so focusing attention on that segment of the population is a smart use of police resources. Especially if the suspects (which they don't seem to be talking about in official police reports today like they were leaking yesterday. He's probably already on the way to Gitmo for some "debriefing" outside of US jurisdiction...) fraternized with others of the same racial group. But if a white person commits a crime, you can't really "profile" 60-70% of the population. I'm sure the FBI had so many agents embedded into Tim McV's groups within months after the bombing that they had to increase the size of the local Militia meeting halls. The FBI knows how to infiltrate domestic underground groups. That's why they usually start looking at foreign operatives in these cases, internal security is already well sewn up. I've already seen references to agents speaking off the record about how there have been "numerous" incidents with pressure cookers that have been foiled in the last couple of years, including that clown in Times Square, though he only had "100 firecrackers" inside of his, which probably wouldn't have even lifted the pressure jiggler.

I don't fear a vast underground army of Islamic Jihadists on American soil. We have too many titty bars, craigslist NSA hookups, and cheap booze for the bombers to stay focused.

But, for once, why couldn't Fred Phelps have been protesting nearby so they could send him off to Gitmo for some "counseling"?

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2013-04-17 08:46:58)

#42 2013-04-17 09:15:11

It wasn't a white American.  It wasn't black powder.  They weren't kitchen timers.

Pressure cooker bombs are very common in a specific region of the world.... further East than Iraq let's say.

#43 2013-04-17 11:01:31

GooberMcNutly wrote:

The sad, but inescapable truth is that when an Arab commits terrorism, they are one of the 2-3% of the population, so focusing attention on that segment of the population is a smart use of police resources.

No it isn't; the 2-3% of americans who are arabs have never done anything.

You might count that Ft. Hood guy as an Arab American terrorist, but if he was white it would be just another crazy mass shooting like Aurora.

#45 2013-04-17 13:19:27

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

4chan is on it.

Interesting.

Suspect ID'd apparently.  Dark skinned.  They're not saying anything else, but sounds like non-white, potentially Arabic.

More,  but still sketchy.

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2013-04-17 13:27:36)

#46 2013-04-17 13:41:17

Sounds like our 4Chan guy.

#47 2013-04-17 14:22:27

I predict a white American male in his early 20s motivated by general craziness, a la Jared Loughner.

#48 2013-04-17 14:26:41

Possibly a good guess.  I think it's the guy seen running from the bombing with the shredded pants legs.  He appears to be white.

#49 2013-04-17 15:34:10

There's only one guy running away....

http://i.imgur.com/l5aJzYF.gif

Board footer

cruelery.com