• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » More Repuglican Fuckwittery: Rush Back To The 19th Century!

#2 2013-04-25 02:16:03

Joe Sixpack is going to decide voting for Republicans in order to fuck over the queers isn't worth it anymore!

#3 2013-04-25 20:12:53

I can honestly say that I have never been paid anything more than straight time, no matter how many hours I've worked. Why is your time that much more valuable to the company after a certain point?

#4 2013-04-25 20:39:05

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I can honestly say that I have never been paid anything more than straight time, no matter how many hours I've worked. Why is your time that much more valuable to the company after a certain point?

You've got it upside down, Goob. MY time is more valuable to ME after a certain point. I was once asked to do a three-week gig at 12 hours a day six days a week. Being young and dumb, and needing cash to feed my dope-smoking and backpacking habit, I accepted the offer. The results were appalling, and no amount of money could induce me to do anything for such a sustained duration again unless it's fucking your mom.

#5 2013-04-25 20:57:34

GooberMcNutly wrote:

You work for yourself (as I do).  You are a business owner.  Do you have employees?  Do they work overtime if they are paid hourly?  No?  You are breaking the law, and should have your ass handed to you in a sling.  40 hours is more than enough time for anyone to be at a job.  As a business owner, I made the choice to work long hours, and I do reap the benefits.  Don't expect someone else to do what you do, they aren't getting remunerated enough to do so unless you are profit sharing and they agree to.

#6 2013-04-26 00:41:26

Tall Paul wrote:

no amount of money could induce me to do anything for such a sustained duration again unless it's fucking your mom.

Isn't that a union job?

#7 2013-04-26 00:46:05

opsec wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

no amount of money could induce me to do anything for such a sustained duration again unless it's fucking your mom.

Isn't that a union job?

"Look for... the union label..."

#8 2013-04-26 10:52:48

Fid

whosasailorthen wrote:

opsec wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

Isn't that a union job?

"Look for... the union label..."

It's right on her taint...

#9 2013-04-26 17:31:00

Dmtdust wrote:

http://www.goiam.org/index.php/imail/latest/11342-proposed-bill-would-end-40-hour-work-week#.UXBcq7CCLvA.facebook

As a computer programmer, there were many years that I worked 50-60 hours a week on Salary, I didn't get paid for the overtime at any rate.  So, I don't really understand the whole time-and-a-half compensation at all.

Any real beef with this legislation should be based around companies fucking people out of benefits.  Right now most companies require somewhere between 32 and 40 hours a week for benefits. I'd be interested in seeing if any legal fast ones are being pulled here.

#10 2013-04-26 18:00:35

Salary is different than hourly.  It's a reach around that was engineered for the maximum exploitation of human resources, to the detriment of all concerned.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » More Repuglican Fuckwittery: Rush Back To The 19th Century!

Board footer

cruelery.com