#2 2013-05-02 20:33:44

Just another statistic of guns not being used to defend, but used to destroy. The numbers don't lie and deaths by firearms from family members far outweigh any numbers of guns used for self defense.

What parent would give a 5 year old a gun? And what parent would leave the gun loaded in the corner with a bb-gun? Both should have been locked away from the children. I guess I am supposed to feel sorry for these parents but I just don't. Ignorance gets what it deserves, and I hope they are charged with at least negligence in this case.

#3 2013-05-02 21:09:12

When my brother and I got joint custody of a pellet gun at the age 11 and 12, we both knew it was only a matter of time. Only question was which one of us would push it too far. Douchewad won, taking out a window in my parents bedroom. I told him it was loaded.

Kids fuck up in the best of worlds, if only as entertaining object lessons for the marginally smarter. Or you'll put your eye out.

#4 2013-05-02 22:04:51

I was shot by my bother... no big woop.  Still have the scar on my arm.

#5 2013-05-03 00:42:40

We're in a different time now.  When I was five years old my dad handed me a .30.30 rifle, gave me five minutes of instruction and set me loose to do whatever I wanted.  All of my friends had the same level of instruction and none of us massacred each other.  We did massacre deer, birds, trees, rabbits and anything that had a bullseye on it.  Right or wrong I prefer a dad that does just that to a dad that's a fucking pussy and worries about his moron offspring.  I don't need a babysitter and neither did my dad.  Fuck everyone that tries to take away my guns and drugs.

#6 2013-05-03 06:43:36

When I was five years old my dad handed me a .30.30 rifle, gave me five minutes of instruction and set me loose to do whatever I wanted.  All of my friends had the same level of instruction .   Right or wrong I prefer a dad that does just that to a dad that's a fucking pussy and worries about his moron offspring.  I don't need a babysitter and neither did my dad.  Fuck everyone that tries to take away my guns and drugs.

So many Darwin Award candidates!

#7 2013-05-03 11:30:10

JEW

Dirckman wrote:

We're in a different time now.  When I was five years old my dad handed me a .30.30 rifle, gave me five minutes of instruction and set me loose to do whatever I wanted.  All of my friends had the same level of instruction and none of us massacred each other.  We did massacre deer, birds, trees, rabbits and anything that had a bullseye on it.  Right or wrong I prefer a dad that does just that to a dad that's a fucking pussy and worries about his moron offspring.  I don't need a babysitter and neither did my dad.  Fuck everyone that tries to take away my guns and drugs.

I never thought I would type these words, but, after all these years, I still love Dirckman. Sick fuck that he is.

#8 2013-05-04 19:09:59

There is a photo of my mother at 12 years old, holding a .22 rifle in the Arizona desert. Her two younger brothers were pissed off at the time because she could bag more doves with the .22 than they could with dad's .410. That was another time. In a lot of places it's still that time, but not in the cities.

#9 2013-05-04 22:44:38

Tall Paul wrote:

There is a photo of my mother at 12 years old, holding a .22 rifle in the Arizona desert. Her two younger brothers were pissed off at the time because she could bag more doves with the .22 than they could with dad's .410. That was another time. In a lot of places it's still that time, but not in the cities.

It gets worse as you go further back...  My grandpa's dad died when he was really young and as the oldest he had to feed a fairly large family.  Ammunition was too expensive for them so he and the neighbor kid became proficient at killing rabbits by throwing pliers, rocks or anything solid enough to stun or kill them.  My family has a photo of him and the neighbor kids on their homestead in Upton, WY in the 1920s with some of the kids holding dead rabbits and others holding dead chickens with a dead rat in the foreground.  It's amazing how much things have changed in just a few generations.

#10 2013-05-04 23:04:39

Upton doesn't look so bad, hell some of the roads are even paved.

#11 2013-05-05 09:55:35

Dirckman wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

It gets worse as you go further back...  My grandpa's dad died when he was really young and as the oldest he had to feed a fairly large family.  Ammunition was too expensive for them so he and the neighbor kid became proficient at killing rabbits by throwing pliers, rocks or anything solid enough to stun or kill them.  My family has a photo of him and the neighbor kids on their homestead in Upton, WY in the 1920s with some of the kids holding dead rabbits and others holding dead chickens with a dead rat in the foreground.  It's amazing how much things have changed in just a few generations.

There's a picture of me back in the '80's with bottle caps that spelled PEP_I. Cruel times indeed!

Last edited by Banjo (2013-05-05 09:55:58)

#12 2013-05-05 17:08:24

This must be dead kid nostalgia week.

#13 2013-05-05 18:30:05

whosasailorthen wrote:

My brother - who will read this and gnash his teeth eventually - has kid war wounds all over his body and yes, I was sometimes implicated. The blasting cap shrapnel in his backside still sets off scanners. Mostly, though, he's a spaz.

#14 2013-05-05 21:42:45

Having a gun this morning would have made me feel a bit more secure.  My brother took me to Denny's for breakfast and when we got out of the car we heard some shouting coming from across the street in the TGI Fridays parking lot.  It was coming from this 24 or 25 year old native guy with a shaved head that was dressed like a gang banger.  We looked at the direction he was yelling and there was a homeless guy walking and a younger woman.  The guy was yelling something about how he was going to beat the shit out of them and they were going to get their head split open.  I told my brother to hold on because we were about to witness an assault.  Both me and my brother thought he was yelling at the homeless guy and the homeless guy did too because he was freaking out trying to figure which way to run.  The gang banger took off running full tilt, ran past the homeless guy and up to the young woman crossing the street.  He grabbed her around the throat from behind and started jerking and pulling her back towards the sidewalk.  I yelled out "Hey!  Knock it off asshole!" and the guy let go of the woman and ran up to the sidewalk straight across the street from me.  This gave time for the woman to run off and the gang banger said "Come over here, I'm gonna kick your ass!".  I replied with a simple "No! Fuck you!" and went inside for breakfast.  Just sayin' the gang banger guy was a lot younger and a lot crazier than myself and if he had tried to cross the street to attack me I would have liked the option of shooting the prick.

#15 2013-05-06 02:27:02

Well, Dirck, if you need a handy weapon you can consider my advice... a guy with a gun you know how to deal with - that's expected - but a guy with a hatchet... now THERE'S a guy to be scared of.   Keep one in you car... guaranteed to scare the bejeezus out of nearly everyone, particularly if you can do a good Charles Manson look.

#16 2013-05-06 05:35:58

whosasailorthen wrote:

Well, Dirck, if you need a handy weapon you can consider my advice... a guy with a gun you know how to deal with - that's expected - but a guy with a hatchet... now THERE'S a guy to be scared of.   Keep one in you car... guaranteed to scare the bejeezus out of nearly everyone, particularly if you can do a good Charles Manson look.

Funny you should say that - we have this under the back seat in the truck:

https://cruelery.com/uploads/11_tomahawk.jpg

And this in the car:

https://cruelery.com/uploads/11_cold_steel_special_forces_shovel.jpg

Both are razor sharp.  Of course I don't live in a "shoot if you can claim fear" state, that would be an entirely different story.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#17 2013-05-06 08:21:26

What brand is your tomahawk, Emm?  Coldsteel?  I can't see springing for a Benchmade.

#18 2013-05-06 09:41:03

My brother took me to Denny's

God, that's so hot!

#19 2013-05-06 11:19:13

Fled wrote:

What brand is your tomahawk, Emm?  Coldsteel?  I can't see springing for a Benchmade.

Both are from ColdSteel.

I personally prefer the shovel as nobody can fault you for carrying a shovel...

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-05-06 11:25:59)

#20 2013-05-06 12:13:06

Emmeran wrote:

Fled wrote:

Both are from ColdSteel.

I personally prefer the shovel as nobody can fault you for carrying a shovel...

I've got some nunchucks that I painted white with little pink flowers on it. I wrote the words "Kotex" and "Not For Individual Resale" on them also.Yeah, it's a little gay and probably a copyright infringement but Mr. Banjo likes to stay one step ahead of Johnny Law.

Last edited by Banjo (2013-05-06 12:16:38)

#21 2013-05-06 13:01:13

Another tip I'd like to pass along to my High-Street brethren is how to sneak a gun past security. I go and get a decorative Mexican plate with a gecko or some shit on it. I place my 9 mm. on it  and cover it with shredded lettuce, cheese and a big fucking glob of sour cream. If security takes notice of it, you quickly warn them that the plate is very hot and they will typically pass it through.

#22 2013-05-06 14:04:33

whosasailorthen wrote:

I was shot by my brother also.  However, not with a gun.  I was about 12 and he was 8.  He had this little bow and arrow set with rubber suction cups on the ends of the arrows.  Since I was authorized to carry a pocket knife and he wasn't, he asked me to remove the cup and sharpen an arrow for him.  I brought it to a nice sharp point and gave it back to him.  Immediately, he drew the bow and shot me in the face.  The arrow stuck in my eyebrow, just missing my right eye.  I never learned why the little prick shot me.

Board footer

cruelery.com