#2 2013-07-29 01:01:09

Not just a muslin, an obvious commie terrorist: Who else would suggest that anyone who wants to comment on a book should read it first?

#3 2013-07-29 01:57:10

I'm going to buy his book just on principle - like what the fuck bitch, shut up and listen to what he is saying.

#4 2013-07-29 12:09:04

I think the guy is a combative idiot.  He gets invited on national TV because he's a Muslim who wrote a book about Jesus.  The interviewer is trying to allow him to answer critics who question his motives.  But, instead of answering her questions, he keeps claiming he's an academic with a PhD.  Please Dude, you're here to discuss the controversy.  You don't really believe that anyone gives a shit about your book, do you?

#6 2013-07-29 13:04:47

I am always amazed at the stances you agree with Phreddy.  Really, you need to get out more often.

#7 2013-07-29 13:06:18

phreddy wrote:

I think the guy is a combative idiot.  He gets invited on national TV because he's a Muslim who wrote a book about Jesus.  The interviewer is trying to allow him to answer critics who question his motives.  But, instead of answering her questions, he keeps claiming he's an academic with a PhD.  Please Dude, you're here to discuss the controversy.  You don't really believe that anyone gives a shit about your book, do you?

So you think he should have played into the obviously biased motivations of the interviewer do you? Too bad he was far smarter than she (and you) and made sure he wasn't the one who looked like an idiot. I think he clearly stated his motives, people such as yourself and the interviewer are just too dumb to see what he was saying. The only controversy is the one Fox is trying to create, but they failed miserably.

#8 2013-07-29 13:56:05

If the guy wanted to discuss the virtues of his literary work of art, he would have gone to the local Sunday morning book review program on the community access channel.  But no, he was invited to Fox News because a Muslim writing about Jesus is controversial and he accepted.  Any of you literary critics who really believe the interviewer should have engaged in an academic discussion of his work really doesn't understand the purpose of TV programming.

#9 2013-07-29 14:53:27

Brilliant move on his part, his books are selling like hot cakes. 

Regardless of all of that the Muslim community in general considers Jesus a great prophet but not the son of God.  Let's be frank, Christian, Jew and Muslim all worship the same god, the god of Abraham and this all qualifies as the silliest shit ever.

#10 2013-07-29 15:06:30

Why would a Muslim writing about Christian History even be controversial.  Read what Em just said.  Jesus is highly regarded, as is Moses etc in the Quran, and other writings.  The depths of your ignorance about anything outside of your narrow little world always amazes me.

#11 2013-07-29 17:38:15

Dmtdust wrote:

Why would a Muslim writing about Christian History even be controversial.  Read what Em just said.  Jesus is highly regarded, as is Moses etc in the Quran, and other writings.  The depths of your ignorance about anything outside of your narrow little world always amazes me.

You really don't know why a Muslim writing about Jesus would be controversial?  Jesus may be highly regarded, but it's open season on his followers. 

Quran (2:191-193) wrote:

"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone.  But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

#12 2013-07-29 17:45:09

Phreddy, trolling is really beneath you.

#13 2013-07-29 18:02:26

Troll quoting Trolls.  Another golden moment in Phwedd's internet career.  Read your quotes.  People of the Book, (I.E. Christians, Jews & Muslims) are excluded.  Very similar edicts against polytheist are to be found in all 3 religions. 

Surely, you aren't as ignorant as you appear?  Oh wait.

#14 2013-07-29 18:30:35

Dmtdust wrote:

Troll quoting Trolls.  Another golden moment in Phwedd's internet career.  Read your quotes.  People of the Book, (I.E. Christians, Jews & Muslims) are excluded.  Very similar edicts against polytheist are to be found in all 3 religions. 

Surely, you aren't as ignorant as you appear?  Oh wait.

I am not the ignorant one poor Dusty.  Here is the truth as today's Muslims see it.  A muslim is someone who submits him/herself to God's will. The people who followed Moses and the Torah were muslims and the people who followed Jesus and the book he came with were muslims. But God has sent all the prophets with the message to worship God alone and to submit to His will, people cannot pick and choose amongst the prophets or ignore any new prophets because they don't feel like it. Also to believe that a man is God or the son of God is no longer worshipping God alone. The present Jews and Christians are People of the Book because both Moses and Jesus came with Books from God but a person in the present time cannot be considered muslim if he/she rejects God's prophets or worships any one else, this is no longer considered submission to the will of God.

So you see, Christians, by definition are no longer "people of the book" because they worship Christ as a god.

Last edited by phreddy (2013-07-29 18:53:28)

#15 2013-07-29 18:44:51

Funnily enough, my Muslim friends disagree with you.  Then again, they aren't going by the silly ass primer that you got from Coulter/Savage school of comparative religions.

#16 2013-07-29 18:57:17

Dmtdust wrote:

Funnily enough, my Muslim friends disagree with you.  Then again, they aren't going by the silly ass primer that you got from Coulter/Savage school of comparative religions.

Your Muslim friends can be compared to today's liberal Christians.  They both like to forget about the violent decrees that are spelled out in the Bible.  Kumbaya.

#17 2013-07-29 19:15:40

They are also the majority of Muslims.  Painting everything scary... "oooooh a Muslim!"  "Ooooooooh waaat is doing writing about Jayzuz!" "ooooooooh a Muslim, check his vest!"  is fucking silly.

#18 2013-07-29 19:34:05

Dmtdust wrote:

They are also the majority of Muslims.  Painting everything scary... "oooooh a Muslim!"  "Ooooooooh waaat is doing writing about Jayzuz!" "ooooooooh a Muslim, check his vest!"  is fucking silly.

Yes, your are correct, the majority of Muslims are just fine with overlooking the Prophet's command to kill Christians.  However, a very high percentage of those who are killing Christians, and other heathens like me, are Muslims.  I don't think it is silly to profile them.  I think it is prudent.  And to be skeptical of the motives of a Muslim who writes about Jesus is warranted.  I'm absolutely certain that Muslims do not accept Christians as experts on Islam. 

Personally, I think the whole supreme being story was concocted by men to fill a need to know why we are here.  It soon became a useful tool to control the masses and this is what we see today.

#19 2013-07-29 19:37:15

We agree on that its a damn fairytale. (not to be putting words in your mouth)   

Christians and Jews have been writing about Muslims for a long time.  A free exchange of ideas is a healthy thing IMO.

I would rather hang out with skeptics, daoist and those that don't need daddy in the sky, and who enjoy a good drink together, or a puff on the pipe.

#20 2013-07-30 01:23:27

You may be on to something, Phreddy. From now on you're not allowed to write anything at all about Democrats or liberals. If you do, your motives are suspect and will be ridiculed out of hand.

#21 2013-07-30 12:54:56

Fid

Tall Paul wrote:

You may be on to something, Phreddy. From now on you're not allowed to write anything at all about Democrats or liberals. If you do, your motives are suspect and will be ridiculed out of hand.

They were anyway...

#22 2013-07-30 12:59:04

Tall Paul wrote:

Oh please.  As if my motives are not ridiculed out of hand now?  You make my point.  Persons of opposing views are always viewed with skepticism when commenting about the other guys.  So why are we so surprised this Muslim is getting the same treatment?

#23 2013-07-30 16:46:43

The stupid bitch totally lacks subtlety when it comes to tripping up an enemy of the True Faith of Jesus Christ of the Republican Confederacy™.  From what little he was able to get in, he doesn’t buy the Virgin Birth story (believed in by Muslims as well as more literal Christians), says Jesus was crucified for being a terrorist, that the two thieves were also terrorists, and that his goals were political instead of religious (Jesus didn’t see himself as a prophet).  If she had half a brain, she could have been a charming interviewer and wrecked his credibility with the Fox Tards.

I wanted to see if he’s a credible scholar, an absurd pompous academic hustling a product to further his career (publish or perish), or a political hack with an agenda.  Instead, I saw a tard hired for her tits badger a man about his academic qualifications and his right to exist.

#24 2013-07-30 17:11:48

fnord wrote:

The stupid bitch totally lacks subtlety when it comes to tripping up an enemy of the True Faith of Jesus Christ of the Republican Confederacy™.  From what little he was able to get in, he doesn’t buy the Virgin Birth story (believed in by Muslims as well as more literal Christians), says Jesus was crucified for being a terrorist, that the two thieves were also terrorists, and that his goals were political instead of religious (Jesus didn’t see himself as a prophet).  If she had half a brain, she could have been a charming interviewer and wrecked his credibility with the Fox Tards.

I wanted to see if he’s a credible scholar, an absurd pompous academic hustling a product to further his career (publish or perish), or a political hack with an agenda.  Instead, I saw a tard hired for her tits badger a man about his academic qualifications and his right to exist.

I'm going to have to agree with just about everything you just said fnord.  The interview went south when Fox assigned an incompetent interviewer.  Anyone with a modicum of journalistic savvy could have cut him to ribbons.

#25 2013-07-30 18:04:47

phreddy wrote:

I'm going to have to agree with just about everything you just said fnord.  The interview went south when Fox assigned an incompetent interviewer.  Anyone with a modicum of journalistic savvy could have cut him to ribbons.

Hell Fox is probably getting a cut of his enhanced sales, isn't this shit all about money anyways?

The only thing interesting in religion the in past few years is the new pope, he's stirring the pot in an surprising manner...

#26 2013-07-30 20:16:55

phreddy wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

Oh please.  As if my motives are not ridiculed out of hand now?  You make my point.  Persons of opposing views are always viewed with skepticism when commenting about the other guys.  So why are we so surprised this Muslim is getting the same treatment?

It's not your motives that are ridiculed, I think your motives are mostly honorable. It's your sources of information and the conclusions you draw based on them that are questionable, but then again High Street would be a mere tit-picture list without ridicule and slander. You also prove my point rather well since, as you point out, Fox started the interview with the assumption that any Muslim is necessarily opposed to any Christian in all things as if it were axiomatic.

Last edited by Tall Paul (2013-07-30 20:18:35)

#27 2013-07-30 20:19:19

Emmeran wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Hell Fox is probably getting a cut of his enhanced sales, isn't this shit all about money anyways?

The only thing interesting in religion the in past few years is the new pope, he's stirring the pot in an surprising manner...

Any bets on how long he survives?

#28 2013-07-30 23:01:45

Notice how well Fox's plan worked out for them? The last two lines of this article tell it all. Number one on both bestseller lists.

#29 2013-07-31 08:37:53

Emmeran wrote:

Damn progressive thinkers. Next thing you know, we won't be allowed to keep nigras for slaves anymore. I'll betcha someday women will even be allowed to vote.

#30 2013-07-31 12:54:03

The first line of her interview is the most amusing - "he was a christian but converted to islam".

Also, she has very nice tits.  Hopefully we will some day get to the point that broadcasters like her start doing these interviews topless.  (I hope Fox News is listening right now)

#31 2013-07-31 12:59:33

Bigcat wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Damn progressive thinkers. Next thing you know, we won't be allowed to keep nigras for slaves anymore. I'll betcha someday women will even be allowed to vote.

Wait, before George Orr or Melons scolds me, I would like to state that it should have read "a surprising manner" as opposed to the posted "an surprising manner".  My apologies to all, I shall now go fall on my sword.

#32 2013-07-31 16:40:37

Emmeran wrote:

My apologies to all, I shall now go fall on my sword.

Saber sounds more like the weapon of choice.

Last edited by MSG Tripps (2013-07-31 16:42:46)

#33 2013-07-31 17:07:51

MSG Tripps wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

I have a Mameluke in my parlor, boy(tm) bought it for Christmas for me one year not realizing I rated an NCO sword not a Mameluke.

#34 2013-07-31 17:46:26

Emmeran wrote:

Mameluke Sword

Still not my choice of weapon to fall on. A Ka-Bar would more efficient.

Unrelated
I met a Vietnam era  ROK soldier yesterday.  His family is in the dry cleaning business and setting up down the street.

#35 2013-07-31 18:09:05

Emmeran wrote:

MSG Tripps wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

I have a Mameluke in my parlor, boy(tm) bought it for Christmas for me one year not realizing I rated an NCO sword not a Mameluke.

I am happy they never issued swords to NCOs in the Coast Guard.  It would have been just one more piece of metal to polish for inspections.  The salt air plays hell on steel.

#36 2013-07-31 20:43:08

MSG Tripps wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Mameluke Sword

I met a Vietnam era ROK soldier yesterday.  His family is in the dry cleaning business and setting up down the street.

I have a very high opinion of the ROK's, most of those guys are as hard as nails; they simply cannot afford to fuck around about anything.

#38 2013-07-31 22:41:11

Board footer

cruelery.com