#301 2017-07-10 09:45:26

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Ragin' Newfies

This is lousy reporting. They didn't say what kind of pizza.

How can we judge the severity of the offense, or the character of the offender?

#303 2017-07-10 09:54:35

Smudge wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Ragin' Newfies

Easy: What color are they?

#304 2017-07-10 10:10:25

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Smudge wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Ragin' Newfies

Easy: What color are they?

Usually red, but I've had them with white sauce.

#305 2017-07-10 12:31:58

The root-beer kegger was "to kind of make fun of the school," he said. "They assumed there was beer in the cups. We just wanted to have some root beer in red cups and just make it look like a party, but there actually wasn't any alcohol."

Well let this be a lesson to you kid, do not ever, and I mean ever, have fun at the authorities expense.

Same as it ever was, but stuff like this was directly responsible for the flourishing of the Yippies. And we would not want that again now do we.

#306 2017-07-10 13:57:43

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Well let this be a lesson to you kid, do not ever, and I mean ever, have fun at the authorities expense.

Same as it ever was, but stuff like this was directly responsible for the flourishing of the Yippies. And we would not want that again now do we.

And condemn ourselves to a nation of deadheads? Never!

#307 2017-07-10 21:35:55

Dear Gawd, mind your words, what would be the fun in that.

I meant it leads to a rise of the Yippies, not Hippies. Either way, come to think of it, both paths lead to a very hairy outcome.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_jerry-bobby-altamont-blankey.jpg

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_882891715.jpg

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_282e71f000000578-3063451-image-a-7_1430489183668.jpg

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_abbie-hoffman.jpg

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_img_1586.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#308 2017-07-11 07:33:24

Same shit, different continent- Police Shot Batman-Costumed Couple at Sex Party

#309 2017-07-11 13:38:25

Inflation owner owner Martha Tsamis said in a Facebook post that the man dressed as the Joker was not holding anything in his hand when he was approached by the police, and was in a "compromising position" with his partner when the police arrived.

It is true, that once in a while at a sex party you see something you can not unsee, but I do not think shooting the participants is ever going to make that better for you.

#310 2017-07-11 13:50:05

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Inflation owner owner Martha Tsamis said in a Facebook post that the man dressed as the Joker was not holding anything in his hand when he was approached by the police, and was in a "compromising position" with his partner when the police arrived.

It is true, that once in a while at a sex party you see something you can not unsee, but I do not think shooting the participants is ever going to make that better for you.

Cops rush costume party and assume the drunk party goers will realize that those are "Official" costumes; gunfire induced coitus interruptus results.

#311 2017-07-12 20:36:18

Connecticut becomes the 14th state to ban civil forfeiture without a conviction, and without a single no vote.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/institutef … onviction/

Connecticut boasts a turd world economy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar … es/532623/

#312 2017-07-18 13:55:09

Woman who claimed she lost unborn baby in mass shooting wasn't really pregnant, Colerain police say

This sounds damn fishy:

Police believe two gunmen entered through the front door and fired 14 rounds while partygoers watched a movie.

Autum Garrett, 22, of Huntington, Indiana, was killed. The victims included five other adults and three children, ages 2, 6 and 8. They have been recovering. The gunfire also injured a dog.

The gunmen did not say anything, a police report said, and they did not demand any property. They ran off into the night.

Never trust the Mysterious Dude Defense.

#313 2017-07-24 18:31:50

$6 billion in military weapons.  Oh for fucks sake.

#314 2017-07-25 16:52:41

Stash ideas

'Don't get shot by police' is goal of new advice in Arizona driver's manual

A Maine man told a 911 dispatcher he was killing himself and first responders needed "to hurry up" because he was an organ donor.
Saddest part:

There was no organ donation in the end. The man's body was sent to the state medical examiner's office in Augusta, precluding the harvesting of organs.

#315 2017-07-29 23:33:11

Justice eventually served due to police incompetence.

Maryland prosecutors have tossed 34 criminal cases and are re-examining dozens more in the aftermath of recent revelations that a Baltimore police officer accidentally recorded himself planting drugs in a trash-strewn alley.

Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby said that, in all, 123 cases are under review in the wake of a scandal in which one officer has been suspended and two others put on administrative duty. Body cam footage revealed nearly two weeks ago showed one of the officers planting drugs when he didn't realize his body cam was recording.

#317 2017-08-04 09:36:59

Police planned to sell crime victim's car at auction instead of returning it

Antrim says police have not apologized for what happened, but advised her they were "looking into it".

#321 2017-08-26 16:16:21

I think we should acknowledge great service when we come across it. They even make house calls.

#323 2017-08-26 19:44:05

What the fuck is wrong with nets?

#325 2017-08-29 10:11:02

Makes sense from their perspective.  They want a thick blue line between themselves and the great unwashed masses who will eventually come for them.

#326 2017-08-29 10:28:23

Obama "curtailed" the program after it served him well for 6 years, and only because it made for bad AP photos in Ferguson. Another government program with broad bipartisan support that is never brought up in public.

#327 2017-08-29 11:44:37

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Another government program with broad bipartisan support that is never brought up in public.

Broad bipartisan support because it looks good when you're running for re-election.  A lot of us remember the 1968 Democratic Convention and the beat-down the police (in a supposedly liberal city) gave the protesters, reporters, and anybody else that happened to be in the neighborhood.  Since weapons are only acquired to be used, how much worse would that be now?

This is the other side of the coin from when all the liberals in California wanted strict gun control laws while hiring armed body guards.  In this case, since gun control laws are being struck down, the Gov-Reps want more powerful police forces to deal with it.  Also known as the "Shit, Niggers got AK47s too!" rule.

#328 2017-08-29 13:27:00

Baywolfe wrote:

Broad bipartisan support because it looks good when you're running for re-election.  A lot of us remember the 1968 Democratic Convention and the beat-down the police (in a supposedly liberal city) gave the protesters, reporters, and anybody else that happened to be in the neighborhood.  Since weapons are only acquired to be used, how much worse would that be now?

This is the other side of the coin from when all the liberals in California wanted strict gun control laws while hiring armed body guards.  In this case, since gun control laws are being struck down, the Gov-Reps want more powerful police forces to deal with it.  Also known as the "Shit, Niggers got AK47s too!" rule.

I wondered if you had floated off. Are you safely away from the flooding?

Last edited by Smudge (2017-08-29 13:28:11)

#329 2017-08-29 14:24:16

Smudge wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

I wondered if you had floated off. Are you safely away from the flooding?

300 miles, thanks.  We're closer to Oklahoma City, OK than we are to Corpus Christi.

I played golf yesterday afternoon.

#330 2017-08-29 14:50:07

I must be confused. I thought you were in suburban Houston. Perhaps you said you used to live there, and I got it mixed up.

I'm glad you're safe in any case.

#331 2017-08-29 14:56:21

Smudge wrote:

I must be confused. I thought you were in suburban Houston. Perhaps you said you used to live there, and I got it mixed up.

I'm glad you're safe in any case.

Thanks, much appreciated. 

Yes, Houston and Katy 1979 - 1991, Austin 1992, Dallas area 1993 - Present.  Not included, about six years in Mobile, AL and Columbia, SC during the early part of the 21st Century.

#332 2017-09-01 21:46:54

Baywolfe wrote:

Houston and Katy 1979 - 1991, Austin 1992, Dallas area 1993 - Present.  Not included, about six years in Mobile, AL and Columbia, SC during the early part of the 21st Century.

Damn, son, you should think about living somewhere pretty the next time you move.

#333 2017-09-01 22:51:48

George Orr wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Houston and Katy 1979 - 1991, Austin 1992, Dallas area 1993 - Present.  Not included, about six years in Mobile, AL and Columbia, SC during the early part of the 21st Century.

Damn, son, you should think about living somewhere pretty the next time you move.

Thank you, George, I know all them places but didn't have the heart to say so. And I'm sure most of the bucolic, blue highway hamlets I fondly remember have long since surrendered to fuckwit blight. I looked up Chillicothe, OH earlier evening and appears a Wallyworld Super Center ate half of downtown.

#334 2017-09-01 23:37:10

George Orr wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Says the person who lives in the burned out blight that is San Antonio.  Actually, North Austin in 1992 was quite beautiful before the urban sprawl.  Dallas has about 100 golf courses within 30 minutes of my house, although I don't actually live in Dallas, but a nice little 'burb to the northwest.  My parent's hometown, Morristown TN, had the best views.  You could see the Smoky Mountains on three sides of the city.  Lived there for a couple of years as a young kid, and visited every year until I grew up.

#335 2017-09-02 13:57:39

Back on topic, havoc in the High Desert

Last edited by Emmeran (2017-09-02 13:58:03)

#336 2017-09-03 13:01:13

Baywolfe wrote:

George Orr wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Says the person who lives in the burned out blight that is San Antonio.

I love living here.  It's not as pretty as my NC homeland but it's a very green city and there are a lot of flowers in the Spring.
'Course, I did relocate here from the arid, stony hellscape that is DFW, so in contrast to that, this place is a paradise.
(You say you live in the NE of DFW?  I do remember Grapevine and environs being remarkably pretty for the area.)

#337 2017-09-03 20:38:30

George Orr wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

George Orr wrote:

Says the person who lives in the burned out blight that is San Antonio.

I love living here.  It's not as pretty as my NC homeland but it's a very green city and there are a lot of flowers in the Spring.
'Course, I did relocate here from the arid, stony hellscape that is DFW, so in contrast to that, this place is a paradise.
(You say you live in the NE of DFW?  I do remember Grapevine and environs being remarkably pretty for the area.)

Yeah, Carrollton.  Our whole city is a greenbelt.

#339 2017-10-11 22:45:15

Another MO news story tells the tale of Schrodinger's Shooter.

#341 2017-10-13 00:42:38

If only he'd been a minority  Usually .gov releases any disparaging info on the perp immediately. Contact wounds?

#342 2017-10-16 16:53:02

JetRx wrote:

If only he'd been a minority  Usually .gov releases any disparaging info on the perp immediately. Contact wounds?

Do you have any idea how much ribbing the cop will get at the station if a perp steals their cruiser? Steps *had* to be taken.

#343 2017-10-29 06:43:48

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/makemeasandwich.choadachrome.jpg

Ham Sandwich, Anyone?

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#346 2017-11-15 18:13:44

Someone just opened a cat cafe here in Norfolk.  They said the red tape was immense.  It's an animals in contact with food thing.

It looks like they rented two suites, one where you buy your tea and crullers, and the other where the cats reside. They are very much not connected. If you buy refreshment and so happen to end up in the cat space with your food no one will tell you to get out. 

They have these rules for a reason.  I don't want to go to a restaurant where the chef brings his dog to the kitchen everyday, but when you are fully informed, whatever.

#347 2017-11-15 21:17:22

Goat Yoga: and yet somehow these people are surprised that the mud-stained masses elected Trump.

#348 2017-11-16 09:10:28

Emmeran wrote:

Goat Yoga: and yet somehow these people are surprised that the mud-stained masses elected Trump.

But that's DC, the epicenter of the Limousine Liberal, whose motto is "We know what's best for you". That they get denied due to a law against a victim-less crime causes me no end of schadenfreude.

#349 2017-11-17 09:15:59

Gotta defend yo' turf.

Sources say it started when two special ops officers from the 12th Precinct were operating a "push off" on Andover near Seven Mile. That is when two undercover officers pretend to be dope dealers, waiting for eager customers to approach, and then arrest potential buyers and seize their vehicles.

But this time, instead of customers, special ops officers from the 11th Precinct showed up. Not realizing they were fellow officers, they ordered the other undercover officers to the ground.

FOX 2 is told the rest of the special ops team from the 12th Precinct showed up, and officers began raiding a house in the 19300 block of Andover. But instead of fighting crime, officers from both precincts began fighting with each other.

#350 2017-11-29 21:10:28

Couldn't decide if this went here or in the Obits.

A Clinton County police officer is earning praise and admiration after doing something that law enforcement officials see as a completely impossible task.

On their Facebook page, Bath Township officials said officer Trenton Bailey set on a mission no one in law enforcement history had ever done.

"To use up an entire pen without losing or breaking it," the department said. “We are pleased to say he finally succeeded.”

Board footer

cruelery.com