#2 2013-09-19 12:35:15

For many workers in their 20s, it’s catch-as-catch-can

As it has been forever and ever, WTF is different about now?

Victoria Honard, 22, who graduated from Syracuse University in May, works about 25 hours a week at the restaurant while looking for a job related to public policy. She moved to Washington four days after graduation with the hope of finding a position at a think tank or policy-related organization

She better be able to suck start a 747 if she expects to get a public policy job at 22 right out of college.

#3 2013-09-19 13:33:19

So employment among women is up, and it's all due to the private sector.  Taxpayer funded jobs are being eliminated.  Win-win.

#4 2013-09-19 13:43:10

opsec wrote:

So employment among women is up, and it's all due to the private sector.  Taxpayer funded jobs are being eliminated.  Win-win.

At least all the women are getting jobs doing women's work.

Unemployment data appear to reflect big advances for women....  The downside is that the gains have been largely in lower-paying industries such as waitresses, in-home health care, food preparation and housekeeping.

Last edited by phreddy (2013-09-19 13:47:37)

#5 2013-09-19 14:20:12

What they neglect to reflect is that the same data says the same thing about men.  Hell dude I've automated equity traders out of existence and have looked you at warehouses lately?

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-09-19 18:33:52)

#6 2013-09-19 14:49:44

Emmeran wrote:

What they neglect to reflect is that the same data says the same thing about men.  Hell dude I've automated equity traders out of existence and have looked at warehouses lately?

Actually, this is not so.  I saw the data recently but will have to dig it up.  The jobs created by the economy for men are much higher paying and are in more skilled fields.  However, I will not argue your contention that the job market is still in the shitter for everyone.  It is miserable out there, especially in the smaller communities.

#7 2013-09-19 18:18:30

phreddy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

What they neglect to reflect is that the same data says the same thing about men.  Hell dude I've automated equity traders out of existence and have looked at warehouses lately?

Actually, this is not so.  I saw the data recently but will have to dig it up.  The jobs created by the economy for men are much higher paying and are in more skilled fields.  However, I will not argue your contention that the job market is still in the shitter for everyone.  It is miserable out there, especially in the smaller communities.

Hence, the reason the Fed maintained the status quo today, which caused the market to go through the roof.

#8 2013-09-19 23:05:48

The markets have been going gangbusters but that trickle down just isn't happening. If phreddy could see through the bullshit, he would understand by now that the theory is a complete bust and he would be trying to find a better alternative. But no, he still sucks the party tit for all it's worth.

As for the waitress thing, some of the women who have worked for me made quite a lot of money waiting tables. They definitely do much better than the kitchen staff. So until salaries for hourly workers gets better, the server job is a pretty good gig.

#9 2013-09-19 23:28:58

Anybody who waits around for someone else to "create" a job for them deserves all the wait they get.

#10 2013-09-20 22:12:50

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Anybody who waits around for someone else to "create" a job for them deserves all the wait they get.

One of the wisest things I've ever heard on High Street.

#11 2013-09-21 00:36:49

Dirckman wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

One of the wisest things I've ever heard on High Street.

Why do the both of you hate America? Don't you know being a Job Creator is the highest aspiration of any sentient being?

#12 2013-09-21 04:09:42

Tall Paul wrote:

Why do the both of you hate America? Don't you know being a Job Creator is the highest aspiration of any sentient being?

Hell I've been creating jobs for women my entire life, those jobs usually only last about 15 minutes if she's talented but I always try to stretch it out to at least 30 or so.

#13 2013-09-23 12:12:01

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

The markets have been going gangbusters but that trickle down just isn't happening. If phreddy could see through the bullshit, he would understand by now that the theory is a complete bust and he would be trying to find a better alternative. But no, he still sucks the party tit for all it's worth.

As for the waitress thing, some of the women who have worked for me made quite a lot of money waiting tables. They definitely do much better than the kitchen staff. So until salaries for hourly workers gets better, the server job is a pretty good gig.

Pussy, I have seen some pretty lame posts from you, but this sets a new bar.  The stock market is soaring because the idiot you put in office is borrowing money and pumping it into the market to make it appear we are in a recovery.  Don't expect trickle down because the only beneficiaries are his mega rich buddies.  The rest of us will have to live on deflated dollars.

And, as for women waitresses, I believe you should attend a job fair at your local university and suggest waiting tables as a career path for the new grads.  Be sure to tell them how the ones working for you are doing so much better than the kitchen staff.

#14 2013-09-23 18:28:01

It took you how many days to come up with that scathing retort? You are a genuine miracle worker.

Board footer

cruelery.com