#2 2013-10-29 17:26:00

Makes you almost wish there was a Hell so all Microsoft and Apple execs would go burn there.

#3 2013-10-29 18:05:20

And some people wonder why I didn't upgrade the software in my 4S. When it finally sputters and dies the chances of me buying another iPhone are not so good. With Jobs gone (this time permanently), Apple is once again on the way down and out.

#4 2013-10-29 19:48:37

Wait!  What about BYOD?  That will lower our IT costs won't it?

#5 2013-10-29 20:58:10

I am a happy Mac user and have been for years.  For a user like me, the OS is ideal.  Having established that, I will now state that never, never once, have I been the least bit tempted to own an iPhone.  There is nothing about the iPhone scenario that is not ridiculous in comparison to competitors.  When the time came for me to finally get a smart phone*, I got a goddamned Samsung, last year's model, and I could not be more pleased with it.

*Last month.

#6 2013-10-29 22:20:55

I went from an IPhone 4 to the IPhone 5 and was expecting to see innovations similar to the three generations of IPod Touch models I've had.  It was the same phone except it has SIRI and feels a lot flimsier in my hand.  To be honest I think I prefer the old OS better too, the new one looks cheaper and the only real improvement to it is the improved SIRI.  The assholes need to put Google Maps back on the thing too, Apple maps still suck.

#7 2013-10-30 08:55:40

All you have to point out here is the fact that Apple excluded the original IPad from ever being upgraded with a new OS again. Everyone that paid $999.00 for a 64 bit 3G IPad four years ago now have a worthless piece of shit because a lot of the new apps demand the latest OS. My Microsoft laptop from 2005 can still be upgraded if I feel the need.

This is not a conspiracy theory. It's a fact.

Last edited by Banjo (2013-10-30 08:57:09)

#8 2013-10-30 10:32:24

Macs & iPhones are great for people who are "less than technically savvy".  They do what they advertise, relatively simply, at a steep markup on cost.  But fuck you if you want to go all hacker tweak on them (unless you jailbreak of course).  M$ has been conditioning end users to accept just below mediocrity for a couple decades now, their phones are no exception.  Linux & Android are great geek platforms....if you know what you are doing.  Problem is, most end users are PICNIC errors waiting to happen.....

Now this is how technology should work:
http://mashable.com/2013/10/29/motorola … ara-brief/

#9 2013-10-30 11:15:41

The family here runs on Windows phone and Android, I personally am almost ready to go back to a flip-phone as I don't really need all that bullshit.  I just need to make phone calls when I need to.

I will say that with the boys, all teenagers now, we go electronics quiet at 9pm (bed time being 10pm) and phones/laptops/TV's are not allowed in the bedrooms.  All phones have to be charging in the dining room at quiet time.  Since implementing this rule the change in everyday behavior has been amazing - give it a try.

#10 2013-10-30 13:00:00

I have a cell phone I use whenever the power winks out and the two other house clocks croak.

Couldn't tell you the make or model or ratfucked os because the last thing in the world I want when I leave the house is a ball and chain and ankle monitor.  I saw pagers proliferate among doctors I knew in the 70s and watched their fine minds cede to serfdom. Not me, I decided, never. One of my bike tires springs a leak, I'll walk home or guilt hitch a lift from passing traffic.

I did wuss out and suck the battery dry whining to friends during a winter storm outage.

Board footer

cruelery.com