#2 2013-10-30 10:28:18

So I've seen the crime scene photos (so have you if you've been paying attention).  the airsoft gun in question was modified to remove the federally required orange barrel markings that help dimwit po-po distinguish it from real guns.  so essentially, the kid committed suicide by stupidity...

#3 2013-10-30 11:01:14

XregnaR wrote:

the kid committed suicide by stupidity...

I'll agree with that but at the same time we all know that 13 year olds are stupid by definition, which is why you don't get trigger happy around them. 

The central part of the job of a policeman is to take risks for the rest of us, that's why we pay them a lifetime pension; so stop, think & be sure before you tickle that fucking trigger.  For fucks sake he hid behind the door of his cruiser and shot the kid seven times!

#4 2013-10-30 11:19:30

Oh, don't get me wrong.  Officer dipshit is indicative of everything that is wrong with LE these days.  Shoot first, ask questions later; us vs. them mentality; physical fitness levels that make Mama June look svelte.

There are very few truly good cops these days.  Entirely too many mediocre, and a dangerous number of badge heavy thugs.  thing is, this kid grew up with all of this, you and I didn't.  he also grew up in Kalifornia, where guns have been evil for a LONG time.  In order of precedence I would place blame in the following order:

Parents - these days who the fuck lets there kid run around in Kalifornia with a toy assault rifle?
    Cops - see above
    Kid - shitty situational awareness, which can probably be traced back to his parents and culture in general

I use airsoft to train for competitions.  If you ever seen one in the box, they have huge stickers with dire warnings regarding removal of the orange barrel markers, to include telling you that the cops might shoot you if you are that damn stupid....

#5 2013-10-30 11:31:55

XregnaR wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong.  Officer dipshit is indicative of everything that is wrong with LE these days.  Shoot first, ask questions later; us vs. them mentality; physical fitness levels that make Mama June look svelte.

There are very few truly good cops these days.  Entirely too many mediocre, and a dangerous number of badge heavy thugs.  thing is, this kid grew up with all of this, you and I didn't.  he also grew up in Kalifornia, where guns have been evil for a LONG time.  In order of precedence I would place blame in the following order:

Parents - these days who the fuck lets there kid run around in Kalifornia with a toy assault rifle?
    Cops - see above
    Kid - shitty situational awareness, which can probably be traced back to his parents and culture in general

I use airsoft to train for competitions.  If you ever seen one in the box, they have huge stickers with dire warnings regarding removal of the orange barrel markers, to include telling you that the cops might shoot you if you are that damn stupid....

I agree with you and am just sickened by the entire situation.  I do find it refreshing that his rookie partner didn't shoot - however that is a small regard in this entire situation.  For fucks sake please stop shooting people!

#6 2013-10-30 11:41:31

So can real bad guys put orange doohickies on real assault rifles and buy themselves a few milliseconds when it counts?

#7 2013-10-30 11:44:28

I suppose we have forgotten Blackstone's formulation: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer".

This boy was judged, juried and executed by one man; I'm not sure this is where we want to be as a society.  Who the fuck gave this jerk the right to declare that spot a free fire zone?

#8 2013-10-30 11:57:11

Emmeran wrote:

Who the fuck gave this jerk the right to declare that spot a free fire zone?

Kalifornia Kulture

MrCreosote wrote:

So can real bad guys put orange doohickies on real assault rifles and buy themselves a few milliseconds when it counts?

Apparently not in Kalifornia

#9 2013-10-30 13:18:06

XregnaR wrote:

Apparently not in Kalifornia

Sadly this behavior isn't limited to Kalifornia...

#10 2013-10-30 16:07:33

Even though I'm White and blond, I put my hands on the steering wheel and made Partner™ put his on the dash when I was stopped in traffic.  Trigger-happy police are nothing new; my mother faced a pig with a drawn gun in Florida many years ago during a traffic stop and could have had her head blown off.  The police in my backwater town in the middle of nowhere flyover land wear bulletproof vests while on duty and act like they're on patrol in Afghanistan.

#11 2013-10-30 18:02:45

10 seconds from the time the cop radioed in that he was on scene to the time that he radioed in shots fired.  The kid didn't even have time to grasp why the cops were freaking out on him.  Picture this, you're just walking down the road not doing anything wrong (that you're aware of) and all the sudden someone starts yelling at you to drop your toy gun and get on the ground.  Before you can even think "Huh, what?..." the cop pulls out his gun and shoots you dead.

#12 2013-10-30 18:32:14

Emmeran wrote:

Who the fuck gave this jerk the right to declare that spot a free fire zone?

Dick Cheney.

#13 2013-10-30 18:39:40

If the fucking police and everyone else would recognize our constitutional right to keep and BEAR arms, they wouldn't be so damned trigger happy just because they see a firearm on the street.

Board footer

cruelery.com