#1 2014-04-10 15:36:44

Hey dudes and dudettes -

I figured this has gotta be the right place to ask.  I'm looking into vaporizers for my stash.  I'm tired of the smell and coughing (probably because I'm an idiot and take big hits...haha).

There are just SOO many choices online.  Can anyone give me a good recommendation for one between 100-200 bucks?  Preferably something portable?  I literally found a page listing probably 50-100 different kinds from 60 bucks to 600 bucks and I have no idea where to start.  Also, recommendations for where to buy from, as I don't think any of my local head shops sell this stuff.

And a stupid question - are these the same things that cig smokers use?

Thanks

RT

#2 2014-04-10 16:49:46

I have one of these - http://www.ploom.com/pax

Yes I paid that much (got it at local smoke shop).  Yes I think it was worth it.  You can sometimes find them used on Craigslist, but apply the usual caveat emptor if you look there.  I started off with a table top, but honestly I only use the Pax now.  There are a number of portable models that should meet your needs & budget.  Check out the up in smoke thread, I know posted some more stuff over there.

Those e-cigarettes are vaporizers - BUT - they usually are combined with a nicotine solution and are about as far from "natural" as you can get.  If someone wanted to continue using tobacco/nicotine but without being a lab rat, they would get the exact same thing you are looking for and put loose cut tobacco in it.

As for finding it, there are a shit ton of websites selling vapes.  I personally just called around to the local shops to see who had what I was looking for.

Hope this helps, or least gets you started.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Last edited by XregnaR (2014-04-10 16:49:59)

#3 2014-04-10 16:52:57

That is actually one of the ones I was looking at.  Don't want to buy used, and that isn't a bad price.  I would go 250 for a good one.

Gonna have to call around the local shops and see if they sell them.  I honestly don't want to order online - considering where I work and the uh, ahem, levels of government invasions I could experience.

Thanks for the info.

#4 2014-04-10 17:14:07

If you get the Pax, follow the instructions.  You don't need to pack it tight or full.  It actually screws things up.  It also does require cleaning on a more regular basis than a dorm room bong.  Again, follow the instructions, they aren't difficult.  Don't bother buying the "lube" stuff they sell, Astroglide or whatever personal lubricant you prefer works just fine.

So I don't know what strain/grade you prefer, but I can tell you this about the Pax.  I basically fill mine at the beginning of the evening.  One fill lasts me all night.  Nice and golden brown around the edges...that's me.

#5 2014-04-10 19:19:32

What a minute... are you
thinking of the e-ciggie extract pen type thing, or a tabletop weed vaporizer? Those are two very different items.

Last edited by Tall Paul (2014-04-11 05:22:29)

#6 2014-04-10 19:59:00

Damn, I feel like a caveman with a lightbulb and lighter. $1.29

#7 2014-04-10 21:59:11

I have to revisit this.  Getting burned on a cheap ($150) vape a few years back kind of soured me on the whole thing, but tech marches on.

I really miss my 3 chambered US Bong™.

#8 2014-04-12 00:40:07

Try the pre-existing thread for High Street's collective wisdom - 163 posts and counting.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#9 2014-04-12 12:41:14

Thanks square, I don't get on the site much so didn't realize there was already a thread.

#10 2014-04-14 08:59:21

Roger_That wrote:

the uh, ahem, levels of government invasions I could experience.

So hot.

Board footer

cruelery.com