#2 2014-11-19 03:43:03

Colorado is a close second to Oregon, but there's still per capita pot smoking to consider. Good luck keeping up, Downstreamers.

#3 2014-11-19 07:48:16

Couple of non-evident correlative inputs:

1) In the South you would also need to include untaxed liquor (moonshine) into the calculations. Once outside of the major metropolitan areas it probably accounts for 20% of liquor consumed. It's everywhere in Florida right now, so much so that 50lb sacks of corn sugar sell out overnight and my little local home brew store sells more than 1000 5 gallon carboys per year, "always for cash" says the owner.

2) In Florida we smoke pot and the old folks pop pills. Considered declase' for 30 years now, good old Valium is now so present on the street that a local bust caught a 15 year old housekeeper holding more than a thousand that she had recently pilfered from client's houses.

3) New Hampshire's numbers are high because they sell to residents of the surrounding high tax states.

But I'm mostly amazed at how much weight the craft beer / winery scene had on their rankings. It's still less than 5% of total beer volume.

#4 2014-11-19 11:21:59

I knew Alaska would be up there, that's all those people do is drink.  If they had Ohio's population (and people) they would win hands-down.

I'm actually a little shocked that Texas was in the middle.

#5 2014-11-19 12:55:20

Note that the colder, snowier, rainier states rank the highest on the scale.  The residents of Oregon, Colorado, Washington, and the Northeast like to pretend rainy days are spent in refined cultivation of the mind, when they're actually just killing brain cells.

#6 2014-11-19 13:05:19

phreddy wrote:

Note that the colder, snowier, rainier states rank the highest on the scale.  The residents of Oregon, Colorado, Washington, and the Northeast like to pretend rainy days are spent in refined cultivation of the mind, when they're actually just killing brain cells.

And you have a problem with this, how?

#7 2014-11-19 19:19:02

Chill, Winston, Chill.  I and I know Phwedski be jealous man.  Not only do we have the drinks, but our ganga is legal as well!

#8 2014-11-19 20:42:11

phreddy wrote:

We only kill brain cells that don't want to become more connected.

#9 2014-11-20 11:13:48

Tall Paul wrote:

phreddy wrote:

We only kill brain cells that don't want to become more connected.

Ah, the Cliff Clavin theory on brain cells.

#10 2014-11-20 11:16:14

phreddy wrote:

You have to stop listening to those Tea Party retards. It just ain't so.

In terms of marijuana and its effects on brain cells, or neurons, there is little evidence to suggest that any of the active ingredients in the marijuana plant administered at doses appropriate for human consumption have neurotoxic effects.

This is in direct contrast to alcohol, where the body’s digestive process creates metabolites such as acetaldehyde and other “reactive oxygen species” which are toxic to the brain and other cells in the body. This is why you have a hangover, after drinking large quantities of alcohol.

Last edited by Baywolfe (2014-11-20 11:18:23)

#11 2014-11-21 13:09:28

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/drunkard.png

~ click ~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#12 2014-11-21 15:59:44

Baywolfe wrote:

phreddy wrote:

You have to stop listening to those Tea Party retards. It just ain't so.

In terms of marijuana and its effects on brain cells, or neurons, there is little evidence to suggest that any of the active ingredients in the marijuana plant administered at doses appropriate for human consumption have neurotoxic effects.

This is in direct contrast to alcohol, where the body’s digestive process creates metabolites such as acetaldehyde and other “reactive oxygen species” which are toxic to the brain and other cells in the body. This is why you have a hangover, after drinking large quantities of alcohol.

And you, Baywolfe, need to pay better attention.  Forget marijuana, the states I accused of killing brain cells are high on the list of alcohol consumption.

Board footer

cruelery.com