#3 2014-11-26 18:58:52

Too bad they couldn't settle it by the Louisiana Three Kick Rule.

#4 2014-11-27 15:32:53

Wildlife, we are constantly told, would run loose across our towns and cities were it not for the sport hunters to control their population, as birds would blanket the skies without the culling services of Ducks Unlimited and other groups. Yet here they are breeding wild animals, year after year replenishing the stock, all for the sole purpose of selling and killing them, deer and bears and elephants so many products being readied for the market. Animals such as deer, we are told, have no predators in many areas, and therefore need systematic culling. Yet when attempts are made to reintroduce natural predators such as wolves and coyotes into these very areas, sport hunters themselves are the first to resist it. Weaker animals in the wild, we hear, will only die miserable deaths by starvation and exposure without sport hunters to control their population. Yet it's the bigger, stronger animals they're killing and wounding--the very opposite of natural selection--often with bows and pistols that only compound and prolong the victim's suffering.

#6 2014-12-03 14:09:07

Rule #1.  Never look down the barrel of your weapon when investigating the cause of a hang fire.

#7 2014-12-03 14:40:19

phreddy wrote:

Rule #1.  Never look down the barrel of your weapon when investigating the cause of a hang fire.

Attn: Hunters

Please disregard this rule. It is ok to look down the barrel of your weapon any time you want.

#8 2014-12-04 16:29:58

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hunter … ar-BBgkS3C

I had to "take im" look how pretty he is.

You can't appreciate the beauty of something without killing it. (as told by every hunter and serial killer in the world)

#9 2014-12-05 12:15:06

Shot white deer = tragedy.  Shot black kid = Good start.  Welcome to Missouri.

#10 2014-12-05 17:45:42

Baywolfe wrote:

Shot white deer = tragedy.  Shot black kid = Good start.  Welcome to Missouri.

Heh, I hadn't thought of it that way. Interesting.

#11 2014-12-07 10:16:37

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/technicolorunicorn.png

They're gun rabid and shoot anything that moves, even with open season on anyone who calls the state Missoura. A daily commute once took me to Jefferson City, the capitol, where feral long horn sheep bothering no one grazed along bluffs on the road into town... for about six months.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#12 2014-12-07 10:55:39

choad wrote:

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/technicolorunicorn.png

They're gun rabid and shoot anything that moves, even with open season on anyone who calls the state Missoura. A daily commute once took me to Jefferson City, the capitol, where feral long horn sheep bothering no one grazed along bluffs on the road into town... for about six months.

I like me some lamb and strongly oppose factory farming so that sounds reasonable to me.  That is a very odd place to see them though, flood plains are definitely NOT their native habitat.  It's very rare to see them in the foot hills of a true mountain range and even that only occurs during the harshest of winters.  Are you sure they weren't pronghorns? Mizzoura is at the edge of the pronghorn range.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#13 2014-12-07 16:19:10

Emmeran wrote:

Are you sure they weren't pronghorns?

I don't know sheep from a load of goats. Thirty years ago and I didn't read it, I saw it. But I'll confirm the details and get back to you. Thing is, I saw weapons brandished at least once a month during the 3 years I lived there like it warn't no thing. I'd thought NH was goofy for guns.

#14 2014-12-07 16:22:40

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Are you sure they weren't pronghorns?

I don't know sheep from a load of goats. Thirty years ago and I didn't read it, I saw it. But I'll confirm the details and get back to you. Thing is, I saw weapons brandished at least once a month during the 3 years I lived there like it warn't no thing. I'd thought NH was goofy for guns.

Yeah, I'm not so much into guns.  I kind of view them in the same light I view shovels, important tools to have and know how to use but not all that exciting.

#16 2014-12-09 18:08:47

Emmeran wrote:

http://www.telegram.com/article/20141209/NEWS/312099753/1116

That's the spirit!

#17 2014-12-10 08:43:30

3 assholes kill baby bears and celebrate. Read the article! Re-fucking-diculous.
http://www.bradfordera.com/sports/outdo … c15d1.html

#18 2014-12-10 08:58:32

The name Teddy Bear comes from former United States President Theodore Roosevelt, who was commonly known as "Teddy" (though he loathed being referred to as such).[3] The name originated from an incident on a bear hunting trip in Mississippi in November 1902, to which Roosevelt was invited by Mississippi Governor Andrew H. Longino. There were several other hunters competing, and most of them had already killed an animal. A suite of Roosevelt's attendants, led by Holt Collier,[4] cornered, clubbed, and tied an American Black Bear to a willow tree after a long exhausting chase with hounds. They called Roosevelt to the site and suggested that he should shoot it. He refused to shoot the bear himself, deeming this unsportsmanlike, but instructed that the bear be killed to put it out of its misery,[5][6] and it became the topic of a political cartoon by Clifford Berryman in The Washington Post on November 16, 1902.[7]

#19 2014-12-10 09:50:08

choad wrote:

The name Teddy Bear comes from former United States President Theodore Roosevelt, who was commonly known as "Teddy" (though he loathed being referred to as such).[3] The name originated from an incident on a bear hunting trip in Mississippi in November 1902, to which Roosevelt was invited by Mississippi Governor Andrew H. Longino. There were several other hunters competing, and most of them had already killed an animal. A suite of Roosevelt's attendants, led by Holt Collier,[4] cornered, clubbed, and tied an American Black Bear to a willow tree after a long exhausting chase with hounds. They called Roosevelt to the site and suggested that he should shoot it. He refused to shoot the bear himself, deeming this unsportsmanlike, but instructed that the bear be killed to put it out of its misery,[5][6] and it became the topic of a political cartoon by Clifford Berryman in The Washington Post on November 16, 1902.[7]

There is no shortage of assholes in this land. It is a time honored tradition it seems.

#20 2014-12-11 07:53:20

Emmeran wrote:

So he got shot with a blackpowder rifle, but they took "pellets" out of his back? Either the reporter doesn't know what they are talking about or something else is going on.

#21 2014-12-11 09:24:27

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

So he got shot with a blackpowder rifle, but they took "pellets" out of his back? Either the reporter doesn't know what they are talking about or something else is going on.

I assumed it was a ricochet and the "pellets" were actually fragments of the original slug.

#23 2014-12-20 14:35:35

nfidelbastard wrote:

That is fucking AWESOME.

#25 2015-01-21 00:19:27

http://www.centredaily.com/2015/01/20/4 … .html?rh=1

Go ahead motherfuckers. Come hunt on my property. Please. Scumbag fucking cowardly hunter losers.

Last edited by Bigcat (2015-01-21 00:20:02)

#26 2015-01-21 11:22:34

Bigcat wrote:

http://www.centredaily.com/2015/01/20/4563899_pa-considers-banning-hiking-on.html?rh=1

Go ahead motherfuckers. Come hunt on my property. Please. Scumbag fucking cowardly hunter losers.

Ok, rhetoric aside, what's the issue here? 

Most public golf courses ban people not golfing from hiking, biking, or walking.

#27 2015-01-21 13:37:38

Baywolfe wrote:

Most public golf courses ban people not golfing from hiking, biking, or walking.

Course, they are the perfect place to hunt golfing drip nozzlers. That way, on their death bed, they receive total consciousness.  Gunga Galunga. So they got that going for them.

#28 2015-01-21 17:16:17

Baywolfe wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

http://www.centredaily.com/2015/01/20/4563899_pa-considers-banning-hiking-on.html?rh=1

Public Golf Courses are not owned by the commonwealth. They are owned by a person or company that allows people to go there to pay to play golf without purchasing a membership into a private club. I am not sure why I would have to explain that to you.

#29 2015-01-21 20:15:52

Bigcat wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Public Golf Courses are not owned by the commonwealth. They are owned by a person or company that allows people to go there to pay to play golf without purchasing a membership into a private club. I am not sure why I would have to explain that to you.

Incorrect.  We have a 36 hole owned by the city itself (BTW, I thought VA was the only Commonwealth, not PA).  Yet, my fellow citizens of our fair city are obliged to fuck off whilst no more than a couple of hundred people at any time, sometimes including me, are the only ones allowed to wander?  Since their tax dollars help support and maintain that course, why does my little greens fee (which can be as cheap as $18, depending on when you play) allow me to access they are denied?  Answer, I don't give a fuck, because it was just a stupid analogy between game area and golf area. 

I am not sure why I would have to explain that to you.

#30 2015-01-21 21:14:23

Baywolfe wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Incorrect.  We have a 36 hole owned by the city itself (BTW, I thought VA was the only Commonwealth, not PA).  Yet, my fellow citizens of our fair city are obliged to fuck off whilst no more than a couple of hundred people at any time, sometimes including me, are the only ones allowed to wander?  Since their tax dollars help support and maintain that course, why does my little greens fee (which can be as cheap as $18, depending on when you play) allow me to access they are denied?  Answer, I don't give a fuck, because it was just a stupid analogy between game area and golf area. 

I am not sure why I would have to explain that to you.

I would be very surprised if your tax dollars were paying for any part of it. Pay your greens fees and walk around. It isn't the same thing and you know it.

Pa. is a commonwealth, if you have the internet you can look it up.

#31 2015-01-21 23:21:45

Let them have the designated hunting grounds during hunting season. That will keep hikers and their dogs from getting shot, hopefully encourage rednecks to shoot each other and keep them safely out of BC's back yard. A win all around, I'd say.

Board footer

cruelery.com