#2 2015-08-23 22:24:11

Fuck it - a nice chef salad with fresh pepperoncini juice on top is my favorite meal; serve it up in a large bowl with a nice rare steak next to it.  And don't go getting skimpy with the onion, carrots, red cabbage, peppers, boiled eggs, cheese, broccoli or asparagus.  Make it a real salad.

Apparently the author has no idea how to make a proper salad.

#3 2015-08-23 22:39:13

Emmeran wrote:

Fuck it - a nice chef salad with fresh pepperoncini juice on top is my favorite meal; serve it up in a large bowl with a nice rare steak next to it.  And don't go getting skimpy with the onion, carrots, red cabbage, peppers, boiled eggs, cheese, broccoli or asparagus.  Make it a real salad.

Apparently the author has no idea how to make a proper salad.

Fuck you, a good Caesar salad is better.

#4 2015-08-23 23:34:52

Dirckman wrote:

Fuck you, a good Caesar salad is better.

True. Caesar's salad originated in a small Tijuana restaurant of the same name from a simple recipe I copied from its menu in the early 70s. Me, I prefer spinach.

3 medium-head romaine lettuce, chilled, dried and crisped
     1/3 c oil
     1 to 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
     juice of 1 1/2 lemons
     1 raw egg
     salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
     Worcestershire sauce
     5 to 6 T grated Parmesan cheese
     1 c croutons

Rub bottom of salad bowl with a mashed clove of garlic. Combine
     everything but the lettuce, cheese and croutons and beat with a whisk
     until creamy. Add what's left. Toss & serve immediately.

#5 2015-08-24 00:03:31

I only skimmed the article, but I suspect the author is a recovering vegetarian. Vegetarianism is a serious eating disorder, and many people who have suffered from this affliction develop a hatred for salads and/or healthy vegetables once they're on the road to recovery. Angry former vegetarian = dry drunk!

Board footer

cruelery.com