#1 2015-10-05 01:28:01

https://cruelery.com/uploads/34_gun_rights.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#2 2015-10-05 08:17:57

Do you have to pay extra for the ultrasound wand session?

#3 2015-10-05 10:55:46

Only for the large sized wand.

#4 2015-10-05 11:06:44

Attribution?

#5 2015-10-05 18:45:17

Emmeran wrote:

Attribution?

Hey, it's going around Face Book. There's no telling who first posted it.

#7 2015-10-06 19:21:28

Still sounds easier than purchasing a handgun in Maryland.

#8 2015-10-07 12:30:42

https://cruelery.com/uploads/18_beating.png

#11 2015-10-09 12:37:31

George Orr wrote:

http://thefifthcolumnnews.com/2015/06/the-facts-that-neither-side-wants-to-admit-about-gun-control/

Interesting read, however the part about being able to make guns from stuff at Home Despot is grossly over-simplifying the matter.  It is assuming that the producer has advanced fabrication skills and access to a relevant number and type of tools.

Once upon a time when I wore camouflage to work, I used to teach demolitions, specializing in "improvised" ambushes.  This included making devices using things firearms ammunition, blocks of wood, and rat traps.  A shotgun shell is particularly effective.  Once.

The real trick to DIY guns is repeatability.  A lot of stuff can go boom, but you end up with a pile of splinters or worse.  Making something that can go boom more than once, that requires skills and tools that most don't have.

Edit-

Interesting stuff on that site - http://thefifthcolumnnews.com/2015/10/l … -policing/

Last edited by XregnaR (2015-10-09 12:43:05)

#12 2015-10-09 13:27:51

I'm not so worried about the guy who can make a Zip-gun down at the Home Depot, hell I'm one of them.  I'm worried about the freaks buying backpacks full of high capacity weapons and walking into schools.

I'm a firm believer in "people kill people" but at the same time I think all weapons should be registered on a yearly basis and a valid weapon specific registration should be necessary to buy ammo.  Kind of like cars...

All in all if I decide I want to kill Melons there most likely wouldn't be a gun involved, just one large idiot in a fit of psychopathic rage and whatever was closest to hand.  I'm not inclined to psychopathic rages (don't listen to the teen-aged boys) and I'm very fond of Melons so that ain't gonna happen.

I would like to meet the bloke who can build a MAC-10 out of $100 worth of parts from Home Depot.

#13 2015-10-09 14:00:34

Yeah, I thought the Mac-10 comment was hilarious.

One thing I do agree on is that this is somehow a result of our culture.  I daren't even try to correlate it with anything specific (e.g. video games, not being breastfed as a child, bullying).  There are some great examples out there of countries that do have a fair number of guns in the hands of the citizenry, yet they don't seem to go around blasting the shit out bunches of people to get some attention.

None of these murder sprees are crimes of emotion/passion.  Every one was calculated, prepared for, and specifically executed.

Em, until the 2nd Amendment is modified, replaced or removed, your licensing scheme will never happen.

#14 2015-10-09 16:53:52

XregnaR wrote:

Em, until the 2nd Amendment is modified, replaced or removed, your licensing scheme will never happen.

That's the interesting bit.  Up until about 1978 it was interpreted the other way.  I don't have all of the references ready to hand but I do know that most of us in this place of ill-repute tend to agree that the first part of the 2nd Amendment is now being ignored.  Most of us also think it's silly anyway in this day and age of Drones, Stand-off weapons platforms and magnetic signature detection.

#15 2015-10-09 22:45:23

I'm libertarian enough that I want everyone to have access to firearms as long as I have enough money to live in a neighborhood that it's not an issue to me.

#16 2015-10-09 23:34:08

Raised with guns around, shot a rifle first time at age 5*, blah blah blah.

When my fantasies turn to violence, they do not involve firearms, or weaponry of any sort. Rather, I fantasize about an adrenaline-fueled crouching short hook punch to the cartilagenous lower ribs, and/or the vulnerable seam between the rectus and the obliques. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But, that's just me. I have no clue what makes people vent anger by public multiple murder.

One thing I think is WRONG is the marketing of "tactical" firearms. Gun manufacturers (and, likely, the NRA) realized that hunting guns were in no way a source of sales growth. Granddad's Model 700, Model 36, Model 12 is still working fine, why buy a new hunting gun? At the same time, the population was generally becoming more urban and less likely to have access to land to hunt. SO. Invent "tactical" guns. Military battle rifle knockoff versions aren't "assault rifles", they're "tactical rifles". Handguns, shotguns, knives, even fucking tactical pens, for shit sake.

And all the while..."tactical" is a euphemism for "to kill people". Marketed as "you need this tactical toothbrush to defend yourself in case you are assaulted by terrorists while you are innocently there in your home, brushing your teeth".

Or, buy tactical guns because paranoia.

I own more Rugers than any other. Two single shot rifles and two handguns.  Fuck you, Ruger.

My favorite is my Remington 700 left hand in 270. Fuck you Remington.

Fuck you, NRA.

*A 22, of course. A 22 Hornet built by R.F. Sedgley on a Winchester Hi-Wall action with a Winchester Model 52 heavy barrel. Kinda like this one. My dad loved his accurate varmint rifles. I still have it. Barrel's worn out, alas.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/userimages/ … 268228.jpg

Last edited by sigmoid freud (2015-10-10 00:27:56)

Board footer

cruelery.com