#1 2016-06-12 16:18:37

You know what I mean. Don't need to provide a link, do I.

An armed off-duty officer working security at the club confronted Mr. Mateen and engaged in a “gun battle,” Chief Mina said.

That did not resolve the situation, did it.

I do not believe in the NRA concept of armed peoples response to terrorists.

Far too many gun owners are unskilled nimrods. Even a presumably well trained off duty police officer could not shoot away the problem. Allowing free concealed weapons carry will more often result in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout than thwarted terrorists.
'

#2 2016-06-12 17:22:56

We have an industry churning out guns, another broadcasting free-floating fear and hate and the idea that Muslims and homosexuals will destroy civilization and a political party machine driving both to generate money for itself and for for-profit prisons. Is anyone really surprised? That is, besides surprised it took this long?

#4 2016-06-12 19:47:48

Y'all full of shit - anybody with a fully automatic pocket knife could have done the same thing.

#5 2016-06-12 21:22:28

Emmeran wrote:

Y'all full of shit - anybody with a fully automatic pocket knife could have done the same thing.

Kill 50+ people or take out the shooter?

Last edited by sigmoid freud (2016-06-12 21:23:18)

#6 2016-06-13 00:34:56

When you say "take out the shooter"... Do you mean 'kill him' or 'take him out on a date'?  (Cause, ya know, It's a gay night club.)

Last edited by Bigcat (2016-06-13 00:35:28)

#7 2016-06-13 06:37:19

sigmoid freud wrote:

Far too many gun owners are unskilled nimrods.

True dat.

Even a presumably well trained off duty police officer could not shoot away the problem.

Because, there was not enough security on duty.

Allowing free concealed weapons carry will more often result in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout than thwarted terrorists.
'

Two things here. 1) Gay and 2) Bar. Carrying a gun is not usually a typical characteristic of 1, and 2 usually does not allow guns on premises.

Don't worry I have a plan!  A new law.

Every door open to the outside, except private residences, must have an armed security guard posted next to it during hours of occupation. EVERY DOOR.  Double front door, two guards.  Four emergency exits - four security guards.

My plan has the added benefit of completely solving our nation's unemployment problem. Heck, we could even go negative unemployment, requiring us to hire H1-Bs.

Anyway, start spending that kind of money on security and at some point, it will become cheaper to start regulating guns, just a little.

#8 2016-06-13 07:17:15

Platymingo wrote:

sigmoid freud wrote:

Far too many gun owners are unskilled nimrods.

True dat.

Even a presumably well trained off duty police officer could not shoot away the problem.

Because, there was not enough security on duty.

Allowing free concealed weapons carry will more often result in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout than thwarted terrorists.
'

Two things here. 1) Gay and 2) Bar. Carrying a gun is not usually a typical characteristic of 1, and 2 usually does not allow guns on premises.

Don't worry I have a plan!  A new law.

Every door open to the outside, except private residences, must have an armed security guard posted next to it during hours of occupation. EVERY DOOR.  Double front door, two guards.  Four emergency exits - four security guards.

My plan has the added benefit of completely solving our nation's unemployment problem. Heck, we could even go negative unemployment, requiring us to hire H1-Bs.

Anyway, start spending that kind of money on security and at some point, it will become cheaper to start regulating guns, just a little.

That actually sounds like a workable plan. We could import enough armed Russians, Mexicans  or Syriani to guard every American, one on one.

#9 2016-06-13 07:50:42

Tall Paul wrote:

That actually sounds like a workable plan. We could import enough armed Russians, Mexicans  or Syriani to guard every American, one on one.

Just follow the Aussie plan, no auto-loading firearms.

#10 2016-06-13 10:05:05

Emmeran wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

I think I posted my manifesto on this here a while back, but if I was MFWIC, I would retool the 2nd to specify that unless you have advanced training, you can only have guns that are single shot or require you to manual work the action to load/reload.  Of course, I would also let those with appropriate training have access to the giggle switch.

Until we either retool or repeal the 2nd, this argument will continue to exist.

As for gays & guns http://www.pinkpistols.org/.

I worked as a bouncer in an Atlanta nightclub back around the Atlanta Olympics.  After that goat rodeo left town, the club had a number of "theme nights".  Sunday was gay night, and it was run by a party crew out of Miami.  One of our busiest nights.  At any rate, based on what I saw then, I seriously doubt any of them could have managed to conceal a weapon.

Gun culture, gun laws, etc. aside - this was terrorism and mass murder, plain and simple.

#11 2016-06-13 11:38:56

XregnaR wrote:

this was terrorism and mass murder, plain and simple.

This was just one lone looner looking for a grudge to vent his fury on.

#12 2016-06-13 13:27:11

Emmeran wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

That would certainly get rid of the lame "didn't know there was one in the chamber" excuse.  Six holes, six rounds.  No waiting.

Actually since the gun nuts are all over the 2nd Amendment, only allow muzzle loading Muskets.  That's what the Founding Fathers intended.

#13 2016-06-13 13:47:16

Baywolfe wrote:

That would certainly get rid of the lame "didn't know there was one in the chamber" excuse.  Six holes, six rounds.  No waiting.

Actually since the gun nuts are all over the 2nd Amendment, only allow muzzle loading Muskets.  That's what the Founding Fathers intended.

The gun nuts like to believe their pea shooters make a difference and hate to admit that there are still limits to what type of "Arms" you are allowed.  They just want to be the one deciding, fucking power trip ego's.

#14 2016-06-13 14:24:22

Blame must be cast.
https://cruelery.com/uploads/34_547672_v1.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#15 2016-06-13 16:57:28

Emmeran wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

The gun nuts like to believe their pea shooters make a difference and hate to admit that there are still limits to what type of "Arms" you are allowed.  They just want to be the one deciding, fucking power trip ego's.

That's part of it, but only a part. While it's true that firearms allow the weak to defend themselves against the strong, the Great Equalizer also allows the cowardly to project bravery and the disaffected to have an effect.

#16 2016-06-13 21:10:00

Tall Paul wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

That's part of it, but only a part. While it's true that firearms allow the weak to defend themselves against the strong, the Great Equalizer also allows the cowardly to project bravery and the disaffected to have an effect.

Agreed.  For almost all Open Carry individuals, it's Dumbo's magic feather.

#17 2016-06-14 08:48:52

You've all been absorbed.  Wife-beating-closeted-gay-Islamo-religio-nut-job, allegedly on an FBI watchlist, is allowed to legally purchase a gun and commit an atrocity 5 minutes away from an FBI field office...and the NRA is in YOUR crosshairs?  Gimme a fucking break! 

As a Son of Virginia, (cursed with a mother who taught history for 40 years), forced marched from the time I could walk, to:  Monticello, Jamestown, Williamsburg, McClean House , House of Burgesses, Lee Chapel, Gettysburg, Yorktown, et cetera ad infinitum...with family roots back to both Revolutionary War  and War of Northern Aggression.  I call a hearty BULL SHIT on the NRA scapegoating...that goes for you fence-sitting HuffPo readin' fucks as well. 

It's cut and dry.  Read up. 

The Government is pushing an anti-gun/total control agenda. Everything else is just window dressing.
BTW .gov killed 4-6X more AMERICANS at Wounded Knee than this asswipe. 

I suggest utilizing frontal lobes to redirect ire towards our very own Neo-bolsheviks. Nothing more than Trotskyites (Hilary included) who realized no political success unless they're camouflaged. The internationalists and PC statists, like Trotsky, have no love for America. Yet, they run American foreign policy while bombing the fuck out of folks who just happened to be in the way.   

The west is being eviscerated in real time. 

A population, relieved of pesky (armed) middle class meddlers (a majority of Americans) helps pave the way.  They want only cowering, ignorant, serfs and .gov robots lording over them. 

Be forewarned, a new dark age is descending...More Scotch!!

Last edited by JetRx (2016-06-14 09:25:28)

#18 2016-06-14 09:29:48

Closet case blues?
Free your ass and your mind will follow.

#19 2016-06-14 09:42:22

As Michael Corleone said to Santino, with regards to Sollozzo, “Oh, Christ, Sonny, stop playing the big brother. I’ve been in combat against tougher guys than Sollozzo and under worse conditions. Where the hell are his mortars? Has he got air cover? Heavy artillery? Land mines? He’s just a wise son of a bitch with a big-wheel cop sidekick. Once anybody makes up their mind to kill them there’s no other problem. That’s the hard part, making up your mind. They’ll never know what hit them.”

All these "Sons of Liberty" that think their guns are going to overthrow a government with tanks, planes, missiles, chemical weapons and Cthulhu knows what else are delusional to the point of insanity.

#20 2016-06-14 10:17:32

sigmoid freud wrote:

You know what I mean. Don't need to provide a link, do I.

An armed off-duty officer working security at the club confronted Mr. Mateen and engaged in a “gun battle,” Chief Mina said.

That did not resolve the situation, did it.

I do not believe in the NRA concept of armed peoples response to terrorists.

Far too many gun owners are unskilled nimrods. Even a presumably well trained off duty police officer could not shoot away the problem. Allowing free concealed weapons carry will more often result in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout than thwarted terrorists.
'

The Waco shootout is a pretty stupid comparison.  You do realize that the cops killed all who died in that incident?  That's more of a textbook example of a police state

#21 2016-06-14 17:35:03

Baywolfe wrote:

All these "Sons of Liberty" that think their guns are going to overthrow a government with tanks, planes, missiles, chemical weapons and Cthulhu knows what else are delusional to the point of insanity.

You're absolutely correct.  I simply take comfort in the amount of resources .gov must expend each time they "breech" private property. They just "don't know"...and that's exactly how it should be.     

BTW:  The government already displays the hallmarks of being co-opted...and the 4th Estate has become the 5th Column instigating the hate and fear requisite in gaining the public's support  for bombing people who never did US any harm and forgoing the Bill of Rights.

#22 2016-06-14 18:22:25

Not to mention vilifying anyone who hates war as "hating our troops".

#23 2016-06-14 19:34:44

Baywolfe wrote:

Not to mention vilifying anyone who hates war as "hating our troops".

Odd - those folks getting shot at and blown up happen to hate war most of all.

#24 2016-06-14 19:35:50

JetRx wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

You're absolutely correct.  I simply take comfort in the amount of resources .gov must expend each time they "breech" private property. They just "don't know"...and that's exactly how it should be.     

BTW:  The government already displays the hallmarks of being co-opted...and the 4th Estate has become the 5th Column instigating the hate and fear requisite in gaining the public's support  for bombing people who never did US any harm and forgoing the Bill of Rights.

Why do you hate unfettered Capitalism so much?  They are just selling a service as part of their own personal independence....

#25 2016-06-14 19:54:13

What I wonder is how many folks will be unwillingly 'outed' because they were injured or killed (or even a witness) in this mess.

#26 2016-06-15 13:08:48

whosasailorthen wrote:

What I wonder is how many folks will be unwillingly 'outed' because they were injured or killed (or even a witness) in this mess.

Hundreds. When I lived in Florida many years ago, gay people were members of a huge underground secret society. One didn't acknowledge people you had fucked unless you had some reason to know them outside of the gay community.

#27 2016-06-15 14:18:43

fnord wrote:

Hundreds. When I lived in Florida many years ago, gay people were members of a huge underground secret society. One didn't acknowledge people you had fucked unless you had some reason to know them outside of the gay community.

I've got to admit that drinking at a gay bar and watching guys hook up it's pretty amazing at how fast that transaction goes down.  Us heterosexuals usually have to put in hours of effort to get to where these guys get in five minutes.

#28 2016-06-16 02:09:26

Emmeran wrote:

Why do you hate unfettered Capitalism so much?  They are just selling a service as part of their own personal independence....

You grow soft Devil Dawg.  Capitalism, in its truest form, no longer exists in the U.S...unfettered or otherwise.  I applaud any service/product sold as part of one's own "personal independence"...as long as the transaction was entered into voluntarily

On the other hand, .gov and highwaymen have no issues filching the wealth of others (be it mine, yours, or any other High-Street denizen) by force or threat thereof. At one time, Constitutional limits curtailed the process as well as dispensation of the "take".  Not so anymore. 

A brainwashed/unreasoned/uneducated/uninvolved citizenry/destruction of the middle-class , coupled with endless wars propping up a fiat currency, spell the end of our republic. 

Accepting this is the First Step.

Though I enjoy the cartoon...pls. feel free disregard the word "liberal".  As a "classic liberal" myself, this use is but another contextual fallacy.  .

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_img_7545.jpg

Last edited by JetRx (2016-06-16 04:19:31)

#29 2016-06-16 06:25:22

JetRx wrote:

JetRx wrote:

A brainwashed/unreasoned/uneducated/uninvolved citizenry/destruction of the middle-class , coupled with endless wars propping up a fiat currency, spell the end of our republic.

Though I enjoy the cartoon...pls. feel free disregard the word "liberal".  As a "classic liberal" myself, this use is but another contextual fallacy.  .

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_img_7545.jpg

I love how this 'toon has been making the rounds, https://twitter.com/hashtag/racistsnotwelcomehere , and http://thisiswhiteculture.tumblr.com/po … le-be-like

You're right, this is out of context. I think it was meant to be satire of the 'blame whoever hyperbole' spouted by people who can't really defend their argument.  On it's own, if I sent this to my 80 year old dad, he'd laugh and respond, "This is so true."

Endless wars? I doubt there will ever be an era of peace again. Did everyone watch "The Power of Nightmares?" Leaders aren't leading, they are just saying that they'll make the country safe.

#30 2016-06-16 10:31:56

Notice how very little mention is made of his employer G4S, the largest private army in the world. He's worked there for nearly 10 years as an armed security guard, passed every kind of background check and government issued permission slip that was required and even licensed by the State. In other words, the exact type of person that the gun-haters think should be the *only* kind of person to be armed in America.

G4S said that Mateen started working there in September 2007, and that the company ran a background check before it hired him that "revealed nothing of concern."

According to a company spokesman, the check included a criminal record check, prior employment check, education check, social security check, credit report check, drivers license record check, drug test and work references. It also administered an assessment called the security officer profile, which G4S says is meant to determine an individual's potential as a security officer.

Florida state records show that Mateen was a licensed security officer.

Another huge failure was the three hour delay between shots fired and the police putting on their big girl panties and entering the nightclub. I thought that ever since Columbine the rule has been to go on the offensive immediately in order to contain the situation and not leave shooters to wander around in complete freedom to find hidden and cowering targets.

OrlandoSlantinal wrote:

In the three hours that followed, more than 100 law enforcement officers gathered near the club to assess the situation and wait. People were still inside, calling 911 from a bathroom, wanting to be rescued.

Lastly, the parents and church "leaders" who tell young closeted fags that hate and violence are both appropriate and desired against gays should bear some of the culpability. If you can sue the guy who made the gun, why can't you sue the guy(s) who "made" the shooter?

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2016-06-16 11:55:27)

#31 2016-06-16 11:47:56

fnord wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

Agreed. The only place I've lived with a bigger closet was DC. After all, a place where you get to dress up as Princesses and Fairies and live in a fantasy world while working on a world-class tan with thousands of other good looking young people at least makes sense as a good place to live in the closet.  But the big "D" won't let you be overt about it, at least on the job, so the number of people living two lives is astronomical.

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2016-06-16 11:49:21)

#32 2016-06-16 14:01:06

Is Jet Kathy?

#33 2016-06-17 03:01:53

Fled wrote:

Is Jet Kathy?

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_milton.jpg

#34 2016-06-17 14:10:07

So the dude was a closet fairy - worst fucking sort.  An anti-fag-fag with a gun.

#35 2016-06-18 00:48:36

Emmeran wrote:

So the dude was a closet fairy - worst fucking sort.  An anti-fag-fag with a gun.

Self-hateing members of any minority group are far more dangerous than haters outside of the group. Jewish kapos helped round up other Jews and ran the camps.

Last edited by fnord (2016-06-18 00:53:27)

Board footer

cruelery.com