#1951 2024-06-24 17:41:01

Despite months and months of claiming that all his prosecutions are politically motivated, Trump's lawyers today argued - in court and apparently with a straight face - that the special counsel is actually TOO independent of DOJ leadership.

You can't make this shit up.

#1952 2024-06-24 19:02:32

BorderCount wrote:

Despite months and months of claiming that all his prosecutions are politically motivated, Trump's lawyers today argued - in court and apparently with a straight face - that the special counsel is actually TOO independent of DOJ leadership.

Oh yes you can and they do. The Judge is not impartial, and this is pure fuckwittery.

#1953 2024-06-24 20:58:38

DmtDusty wrote:

BorderCount wrote:

Oh yes you can and they do. The Judge is not impartial, and this is pure fuckwittery.

Yeah, but she has to hate this because Citizens United can fill all the Amicus Briefs they want, but she knows the law and knows the prosecution does too.  Were she to rule incorrectly, that's grounds to set her aside.  She does get to add to main tactic which is "delay, delay, delay".  When Donald doesn't win this year, that blueprint for 2025 is going to be a roman candle up his ass.

#1954 2024-06-24 21:27:34

All I know is that if Thomas and Alito are planning on dying soon, they should hurry up and do it.

#1955 2024-06-25 10:40:27

Fat chance of that. Round about now Thomas needs new treads for his motorcoach and those rubbers don't grow on trees you know. Alito, well, keeping all those flags, and his wife's tongue, snapping bravely in the wind can't come cheap.

#1956 2024-06-25 11:04:21

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

...keeping all those flags, and his wife's tongue, snapping bravely in the wind can't come cheap.

Very nicely phrased!

#1957 2024-06-25 18:19:09

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Fat chance of that. Round about now Thomas needs new treads for his motorcoach and those rubbers don't grow on trees you know. Alito, well, keeping all those flags, and his wife's tongue, snapping bravely in the wind can't come cheap.

All Thomas has to do is pick up the phone and call John Oliver.

#1958 2024-06-29 10:54:47

Let's use jingoism for our side too!

https://cruelery.com/uploads/157_448119350_10231372787918567_3732481726419327016_n.jpg

#1959 2024-06-29 11:14:12

This was so on target, I almost missed the point.  I thought it was some kind of logic problem, turns out it's another kind of logic problem.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/157_2024-06-29_10-10-04.png

#1960 2024-06-29 12:17:30

Ideally, I'd like to ask the bartender for a fresh glass of sparkling water, but I'll gladly take the flat one over the disgusting abomination.

I just can't believe how many people are willing to slurp down the abomination.

#1961 2024-07-01 10:37:01

Oh, goody. The Republic is fucked.

#1962 2024-07-01 16:17:38

BorderCount wrote:

Oh, goody. The Republic is fucked.

Ya Think? Mitch McConnell needs to be nailed up on a wall by his saggy assed flesh for setting this up, and Ruth G did us no service either.

#1963 2024-07-03 09:28:11

Trump Media & Technology Group on Tuesday said it took in more than $105 million through the cash exercise of warrants between June 20 and Monday, July 1. The company had previously said it expected to raise just $69.4 million from the warrants. If all the warrants covered by its registration statement are exercised for cash, Trump Media could eventually receive as much as $247 million.

Trump Media also revealed in April that it “lacks the financial resources it needs to sustain operations for a reasonable period of time,” raising “substantial doubt” as to its ability to continue operations. The company also expects to continue suffering operating losses and negative cash flow “for the foreseeable future.” In June, Trump Media confirmed it lost $58 million in 2023, according to regulatory filings.

The exercise of warrants and registration of additional shares are popular ways for public companies to receive a cash infusion, but these actions also dilute stockholders by increasing the number of shares freely tradable. The former president is a majority shareholder of Trump Media, holding almost 65% of outstanding common stock in the company as of June 10.

Although Trump Media & Technology Group stock spiked Friday after Trump came off strong in a debate with Democratic rival and incumbent President Joe Biden, the stock has since shed those gains. Trump Media stock was down more than 1% in Tuesday morning trading.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/157_2024-07-03_8-22-39.png

#1964 2024-07-05 09:58:45

#1965 2024-07-05 12:50:43

https://i.imgur.com/DKWXYK6.jpeg

#1966 2024-07-05 20:15:36

One step over the line

Trump wrote in a post on his Truth Social network: “I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them.”

Donald Trump attempting to claim to ‘know nothing’ about Project 2025

#1967 2024-07-05 23:13:56

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

One step over the line

Trump wrote in a post on his Truth Social network: “I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them.”

Donald Trump attempting to claim to ‘know nothing’ about Project 2025

See, I just have to assume he's lying because that's just what he does.

#1968 2024-07-06 00:12:35

Well yeah,

I just want to know if someone convinced him there was some policy within the pantheon of the 2025 Project that made him unelectable?
Or if some of the 20 sycophants at the 2025 organization were determined to be sorely lacking in fealty? And this was just Trump setting straight who holds the reigns. It's not like he is going to go all purgey at this point, he needs them, but he can't let them get all uppity on him either.

#1969 2024-07-06 10:06:48

You know how there are "tells" in poker that lets you know how your opponents feel about their hands?  Donald's tell for lies is his mouth is open and words are coming out.

EDIT: Although, at 900 pages, I'm willing to believe he's never read it.  But never heard of, please!

Last edited by Baywolfe (2024-07-06 10:08:30)

#1970 2024-07-06 11:30:29

https://scontent-bos5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/449928849_122115108692346098_5471283197259078499_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aa7b47&_nc_ohc=0ajLOhrxNowQ7kNvgE5WoeH&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.xx&oh=00_AYDBXUH2w3scoEv6upMtKI-AunPzN5DiWcrjF-6-ffaEIA&oe=668F202F

#1971 2024-07-07 15:27:12

Look, no need to wait, the time is now, people get ready.
Can you pass the acid test?

Take it now! Don't be the last on your block.

Project 2025 Presidential Transition Project
TRAINING Presidential Administration Academy

The Presidential Administration Academy covers topics ranging from how to identify appointee positions for which you qualify to navigating the necessary background and security clearance processes to recognizing and addressing the dangers of the administrative state.

Presidential Administration Academy participants are professionals at all career levels from across the country and in our nation’s capital who want to learn, engage, get credentialed, and BE PREPARED to serve the next President and the American people by advancing conservative policy at the federal level. Applicants ranging from new college grads to experienced professionals in all career fields are encouraged to apply.

(college education required)

Heritage Foundation Makes Plans to Staff Next G.O.P. Administration
No matter the Republican, the effort has set a goal of up to 20,000 potential officials in a database akin to a right-wing LinkedIn

#1972 2024-07-07 15:30:50

Look! I printed out helpful crib notes for our president.

No need to be reading all 900 pages.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_project2025list.png

#1973 2024-07-08 16:54:34

I Raise You:

#1974 2024-07-09 14:26:05

https://cruelery.com/uploads/157_450350588_863889562435148_3640029627081803697_n.jpg

#1975 2024-07-09 17:59:38

The official platform of the Republican Party reads like glorified Truth Social post:

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2024/07 … otated-dg/

#1976 2024-07-13 15:18:19

https://i.imgur.com/ivLh5AS.png

#1977 2024-07-13 18:54:19

So it looks like Trump survived an assassination attempt. He's going to be even more insufferable, now.

#1978 2024-07-13 20:11:22

Looks like an open and shut case of Fuck Around, Find Out.

#1979 2024-07-13 20:14:00

And I'm on record saying this was a setup until proven differently.

#1980 2024-07-13 20:54:14

And, I've actually been waiting for this, Donald's final sign that he is the Beast of Revelation.

Revelation 13:3 And I saw that one of his heads was, as it were, wounded to death, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world wondered after the beast.

#1981 2024-07-13 23:40:06

Baywolfe wrote:

And I'm on record saying this was a setup until proven differently.

"Crisis Actors"

#1982 2024-07-14 01:33:57

My favorite part is the guy and the gal in front of the stage not even watching Trump but giving the finger and yelling FU to the news cameras, as if they are wholly responsible. And that other guy giving the metal horns hand signal back to Trump as he departs Stage Left pumping his fist, saying Fight, Fight, Fight.

Thankfully not every front row Trumper only calls for fighting.

Blake Marnell, 59, from San Diego, a supporter who wears a “brick suit” in homage to Trump’s wall...

Marnell added that he thought “our country needs to do a better job of settling differences” and that “this is not the path”.

“Nobody believes this is the path. It was hard to have reactions when I didn’t know how serious it was. I was saying a prayer for him, as were many people. We got together,” he said. “We were praying for his safety, I was cautiously optimistic based upon the way I saw him leave, but you can’t always tell.”

#1983 2024-07-14 02:01:23

Well who's minding the store? How hard is it to monitor the sight lines?

The eyewitness account BBC interview

"We noticed the guy bear-crawling up the roof of the building beside us, 50ft away," he said. "He had a rifle, we could clearly see a rifle.

"We're pointing at him, the police are down there running around on the ground, we're like 'Hey man, there's a guy on the roof with a rifle'... and the police did not know what was going on."
Mr Smith said he tried to alert the authorities for three to four minutes, but thought they probably could not see the gunman because of the slope of the roof.

"Why is there not Secret Service on all of these roofs here?" he asked. "This is not a big place. "[It's a] security failure, 100% security failure."
He said he later saw the agents shoot the gunman: "They crawled up on the roof, they had their guns pointed at him, made sure he was dead. He was dead, and that was it - it was over."

#1984 2024-07-14 10:41:17

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Well who's minding the store? How hard is it to monitor the sight lines?

The eyewitness account BBC interview

"We noticed the guy bear-crawling up the roof of the building beside us, 50ft away," he said. "He had a rifle, we could clearly see a rifle.

"We're pointing at him, the police are down there running around on the ground, we're like 'Hey man, there's a guy on the roof with a rifle'... and the police did not know what was going on."
Mr Smith said he tried to alert the authorities for three to four minutes, but thought they probably could not see the gunman because of the slope of the roof.

"Why is there not Secret Service on all of these roofs here?" he asked. "This is not a big place. "[It's a] security failure, 100% security failure."
He said he later saw the agents shoot the gunman: "They crawled up on the roof, they had their guns pointed at him, made sure he was dead. He was dead, and that was it - it was over."

Thomas Matthew Crooks ID’d as gunman who shot Trump during Pa. rally

Bethel Park is a village 40 miles south of where the Butler rally was held.

According to state voter status records, Crooks was a registered Republican.

The shooter made one singular $15 donation to the liberal ActBlue political action committee on January 20, 2021 — Biden’s Inauguration Day, the Intercept reported.

Not sure if that was atonement or if he hoped the media would really play up the donation saying a liberal had done it.

#1985 2024-07-14 13:15:17

Chickens coming home to roost. When you revel in Stochastic Terrorism, one shouldn't be shocked at the results.

https://i.imgur.com/TZFsCaV.png

#1986 2024-07-14 14:06:38

https://i.imgur.com/jR9Wl93.jpeg

#1987 2024-07-14 17:12:47

DmtDusty wrote:

Chickens coming home to roost. When you revel in Stochastic Terrorism, one shouldn't be shocked at the results.

https://i.imgur.com/TZFsCaV.png

He won't. This is only going to make him worse.

#1988 2024-07-14 17:44:32

BorderCount wrote:

Not humanly possible, he would need an actual dark spirit possession to go next level.  And I'm assuming that this, has already happened somewhere between 2019 and 2021.

#1989 2024-07-14 17:50:32

Baywolfe wrote:

BorderCount wrote:

Not humanly possible, he would need an actual dark spirit possession to go next level.  And I'm assuming that this, has already happened somewhere between 2019 and 2021.

I'll start researching recipes for crow - one of us will be eating it next week.

#1990 2024-07-14 21:11:14

BorderCount wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

BorderCount wrote:

I'll start researching recipes for crow - one of us will be eating it next week.

LOL, I'm just not exactly sure how he could be worse without actual demonic powers.  Sure, he could order the death of everyone on "the left" but hasn't he basically done that already?  I'm hoping that now he has some alone time he becomes a full-on paranoid psychotic.  Gonna see AR-15s everywhere he goes now (if he goes anywhere), wonders which members of his staff were in on it including the Secret Service, doesn't know who to trust now (was it a called hit by Bannon from jail?).  His eating habits, drug addiction, and mass psychosis are our best friends.

#1991 2024-07-15 01:30:09

"LOL, I'm just not exactly sure how he could be worse without actual demonic powers.  Sure, he could order the death of everyone on "the left" but hasn't he basically done that already?  I'm hoping that now he has some alone time he becomes a full-on paranoid psychotic.  Gonna see AR-15s everywhere he goes now (if he goes anywhere), wonders which members of his staff were in on it including the Secret Service, doesn't know who to trust now (was it a called hit by Bannon from jail?).  His eating habits, drug addiction, and mass psychosis are our best friends."

Oh, be still my beating heart!

https://tenor.com/view/be-still-my-beat … f-25645498

Last edited by DmtDusty (2024-07-15 01:30:34)

#1992 2024-07-15 08:41:28

And in the Department of This Makes No Fucking Sense...

Trump Media shares spike 50% after assassination attempt

By Matt Egan, CNN

Updated: 8:03 AM EDT, Mon July 15, 2024
Source: CNN

The value of former President Donald Trump’s social media company spiked Monday after he was injured in an attempted assassination over the weekend.

Trump Media & Technology Group’s share price surged 53% in premarket trading, putting it on track for what would easily be the biggest single-day gain since the company debuted in late March.

The spike is sharply lifting the value of Trump’s dominant stake in the owner of Truth Social.

At current prices, Trump’s 114.75 million shares in Trump Media are worth about $5.6 billion. That’s up from $3.5 billion on Friday, the day before Trump was shot at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania.

Trading under the ticker symbol “DJT,” Trump Media has achieved a massive valuation despite making little revenue and Truth Social remaining a tiny player in social media.

Experts have said Trump Media is a meme stock: trading on momentum and hype, not fundamentals.

For months, Trump Media has been a way for investors to bet on Trump returning to the White House, making Truth Social the primary platform for presidential communications.

Matthew Tuttle, CEO of Tuttle Capital Management, told CNN on Monday that traders are already speculating that Trump’s chances of winning in November have gone up significantly in the past few days.

“You are seeing the Trump trade on steroids here. DJT is the go-to,” Tuttle said.

The rally comes as Trump prepares to formally accept the Republican nomination for president at the convention in Milwaukee this week.

Trump Media recently announced it has been added to the Russell 1000 Index of large-cap stocks and the Russell 3000 Index. As a result, countless retail investors now own a piece of Trump Media through mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).

#1993 2024-07-15 14:22:27

And, now we're back to (not) normal...

An unusually reflective Trump suggests divine intervention in aftermath of rally shooting

By Kristen Holmes, Alayna Treene and Steve Contorno, CNN
Updated: 1:45 PM EDT, Mon July 15, 2024
Source: CNN

Former President Donald Trump has responded to the assassination attempt against him in a manner unfamiliar to some of those around him: with a calm and seemingly methodic resolve.

Since being pulled off a Butler, Pennsylvania, stage bloodied and defiant by Secret Service agents, Trump has spent the past two days sharing his harrowing experience with close allies and advisers. In conversations both public and private, Trump has said he is lucky to be alive after Saturday’s rally.

To some, Trump has even suggested divine intervention spared his life.

“It was God alone who prevented the unthinkable from happening,” Trump wrote in a Truth Social post in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. “We will FEAR NOT, but instead remain resilient in our Faith and Defiant in the face of Wickedness.”

That sentiment is one Trump has truly internalized, according to some of those who have spoken to him in recent days, and one Trump, who is not an especially religious or spiritual man, has reiterated during the aftermath of Saturday’s traumatic event.

“I’m not supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be dead,” Trump said during an interview with the New York Post Sunday. “By luck or by God, many people are saying it’s by God, I’m still here.”

It’s a conviction that will certainly reinforce the messianic imagery of Trump long promoted by his most ardent supporters and the evangelical communities that have stood by him for years. Indeed, outside the venue Saturday, as rallygoers were evacuated, they passed a truck emblazoned with images of Trump seated in front of Jesus, whose hands rested on the former president’s shoulders.

“God Bless President Trump,” the billboard said.

Trump, who has long believed he could be a target of political violence, has responded to Saturday’s harrowing events by calling for the country to come together. In a series of interviews on Sunday with conservative media, Trump said he threw out the searing speech he intended to deliver when he accepts the Republican Party’s nomination at the convention in Milwaukee.

“The speech I was going to give was a real humdinger,” Trump told the Washington Examiner. “Honestly, it’s going to be a whole different speech now.”

On Sunday, Trump wrote “Unite America!” on his Truth Social as he looked ahead to the convention. By Monday, though, Trump had expanded his definition of harmony to include dropping all of the legal cases against him.

“The Democrat Justice Department coordinated ALL of these Political Attacks, which are an Election Interference conspiracy against Joe Biden’s Political Opponent, ME,” Trump posted to Truth Social shortly after Judge Aileen Cannon dismissed the federal case over Trump’s handling of classified documents.

The events of the weekend rattled Trump’s family and close advisers, some of whom have spent most days with the former president since he announced his campaign for reelection in late 2022.

In conversations with more than a dozen aides, allies and advisers, they described a campaign that remains resolved to march ahead, taking cues from their boss, who popped up after being injured in the rally shooting to thrust a fist in the air and yell, “Fight.”

“Everyone’s just feeling very grateful and very relieved that, whether it’s divine intervention or luck, or whatever it is, just super grateful,” one senior adviser said. “I mean, it could have turned out really, really bad.”

A person close to Trump said the family is feeling “spiritual, in a way” as they take stock of nearly losing their patriarch. In a Sunday Instagram, Eric Trump shared a picture of his mother and Trump’s ex-wife Ivana shaking hands with Ronald Reagan, who had also survived an assassination attempt while president in 1981.

“Two years ago today, we lost this incredible woman!” Eric Trump wrote. “I have no doubt she was watching down on my father last night – it was nothing short of divine intervention…”

Some of Trump’s children have made similar remarks in private tying the anniversary of their mother’s death to Trump avoiding disaster, the person said.

Saturday was not the first time Trump averted disaster since entering presidential politics a decade ago. In 2016, Secret Service agents sprinted to surround then-candidate Trump when a protester rushed the stage. At the end of that campaign, Trump was again whisked away by his secret service detail when authorities suspected someone in his audience was armed.

In his final year as president, Trump also battled a Covid-19 case that marked the most serious known health threat to a sitting American president in decades. Then, a visibly diminished Trump nevertheless defiantly said upon leaving Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, “Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life,” even as he struggled to recover from a virus had killed tens of thousands of Americans, including his friend, Herman Cain.

None of those run-ins with disaster, though, elicited quite a response like the one from Trump in the past 48 hours.

#1994 2024-07-15 16:43:59

I told you he's going to be more insufferable.

#1995 2024-07-15 16:53:59

The Onion: "Trump Shot But Unharmed: Doctors Say Bullet Went In One Ear And Came Out The Other"

#1996 2024-07-15 17:47:38

DmtDusty wrote:

The Onion: "Trump Shot But Unharmed: Doctors Say Bullet Went In One Ear And Came Out The Other"

If. Only.

I mean, I would prefer that he had NOT been shot at in the first place. But if you had to take the shot, fucking do it right.

#1997 2024-07-15 21:54:26

BorderCount wrote:

DmtDusty wrote:

If. Only.

I mean, I would prefer that he had NOT been shot at in the first place. But if you had to take the shot, fucking do it right.

Just talked to a neighbor, a union guy for 4 decades, has some 57 rifles... He was like, "You hit his ear, and then didn't take another shot that did the job? How does that work?"

#1998 2024-07-15 22:50:41

BorderCount wrote:

You don't find it a little unusual that the whole fam seems to have these ready for television quotes at hand?  I'm not saying they had anything to do with it but something stinks here.

#1999 2024-07-16 04:02:28

Baywolfe wrote:

BorderCount wrote:

You don't find it a little unusual that the whole fam seems to have these ready for television quotes at hand?  I'm not saying they had anything to do with it but something stinks here.

Don sees everything in the lens of TV presentation and ratings, and the only product he's ever been able to sell successfully is his own brand image. If there's one thing he's good at, it's spinning shit into gold.

#2000 2024-07-16 08:52:21

BorderCount wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

BorderCount wrote:

Don sees everything in the lens of TV presentation and ratings, and the only product he's ever been able to sell successfully is his own brand image. If there's one thing he's good at, it's spinning shit into gold.

That and making sure he has his shoes when departing assassination attempts.

Board footer

cruelery.com