#2 2018-03-14 11:15:10

When the teachers are eventually armed, maybe to efficientize things we can merge this and other threads with Out of Control

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#3 2018-03-14 12:25:55

I wouldn't put it on 'Out of Control' which I interpret to be primarily about police brutality and overreach, but that's less an issue than the question of 'who gets to determine post placement'.

A lot of posts could reasonably fit in several different categories or threads. It seems to me that it should be up to the person posting to determine the context which they feel best expresses what they intend to communicate. Why second guess that, and how does the forum benefit from consolidating posts into existing threads?

I think the benefit of the doubt should always go to the person who made the original post. Without people being willing to post new content any forum will grind down and eventually die (why come if there's nothing new). As a matter of general strategy, it makes sense to encourage anyone who is willing to post, rather than restrict or second guess them.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7f/1909-s-vdb-wheat-cent.jpg/260px-1909-s-vdb-wheat-cent.jpg

#4 2018-03-14 12:55:08

nfidelbastard wrote:

When the teachers are eventually armed, maybe to efficientize things we can merge this and other threads with Out of Control

I agree with Smudgey but it's still an apt concept and made me laff.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#5 2018-03-14 14:00:42

I, for one, second guess all you focker's comments. I thought that was in the "terms and conditions" when I signed up.

#6 2018-03-14 14:47:02

...it should be up to the person posting to determine the context...

LOL, what *will* they think of next...

#7 2018-03-14 15:19:44

"terms and conditions..."

Huh?

https://cms.marketplace.org/sites/default/files/styles/primary-image-900x500/public/uhh.gif?itok=TowH2oy8

#8 2018-03-14 21:42:20

Smudge wrote:

I wouldn't put it on 'Out of Control' which I interpret to be primarily about police brutality and overreach, but that's less an issue than the question of 'who gets to determine post placement'.

A lot of posts could reasonably fit in several different categories or threads. It seems to me that it should be up to the person posting to determine the context which they feel best expresses what they intend to communicate. Why second guess that, and how does the forum benefit from consolidating posts into existing threads?

I think the benefit of the doubt should always go to the person who made the original post. Without people being willing to post new content any forum will grind down and eventually die (why come if there's nothing new). As a matter of general strategy, it makes sense to encourage anyone who is willing to post, rather than restrict or second guess them.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … t-cent.jpg

Out of Control should be renamed "Off a Pig for Jesus".  Nice pics of the 1909 San Francisco Victor D Brenner wheat penny.

Board footer

cruelery.com