#1 2018-12-08 20:44:53

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/fuckyou.png

~ short one, click ~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#2 2018-12-10 08:47:16

Nailed it!

#3 2018-12-10 17:11:17

Just when I thought I couldn't be more embarrassed by my country...

#4 2019-01-03 00:29:50

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/vetfromhell.jpg

NYTimes: The Waiting Room

#5 2019-01-03 01:28:02

Just move to Massachusetts, one simple change of locale saved my life.  Fuck it, I've payed top dollar for insurance coverage for the better part of 4 decades, I'll take a little payback for a couple of years and not allow myself to feel guilty.

BTW:  Only go to the ER at 5am, anything else is a waste of time if you don't arrive by ambulance. (You're better to sit home in misery until 5am than to show up at the ER to wait until 5am)

#6 2019-01-03 02:00:25

Emmeran wrote:

BTW:  Only go to the ER at 5am, anything else is a waste of time if you don't arrive by ambulance. (You're better to sit home in misery until 5am than to show up at the ER to wait until 5am)

I embraced this solution almost 50 years ago but it occasionally backfires.

Physicians, nursing and clerical staff who pull these shifts are often the most disgruntled humans you'll find anywhere, many still paying down their student loans, especially in Massachusetts where income disparities are so wide and deep.

I've twice had doctors try to admit me for specious reasons just to bump their occupancy rate.

If you land at a teaching horsepital, beware of sleep deprived residents on unfamilar rotations and never, ever get sick in July; that's when the noobs flood in.

Last edited by choad (2019-01-03 06:07:15)

#7 2019-01-03 09:21:26

Emmeran wrote:

Just move to Massachusetts, one simple change of locale saved my life.  Fuck it, I've payed top dollar for insurance coverage for the better part of 4 decades, I'll take a little payback for a couple of years and not allow myself to feel guilty.

Living in Texas means we're fucked when it comes to health insurance.  They smugly refuse to expand Medicare and offer nothing but empty promises for doing something at the state level.  Thankfully our family doctors operate out of Baylor, Scott, and White hospitals which are among the few "not for profit" groups left.  I haven't been to an ER since the 1970's.

#8 2019-01-07 08:56:58

Visited 2 separate healthcare "providers" 1x each in 2018:   
Wished to pay-in-full at time of visit. 

Both "practitioners' office droogs refused to:

Receive payment in full.
Provide itemized list of said charges.
Provide itemized list of services rendered
Provide estimates for the aforementioned.

Said i'd have to wait until bill comes in mail (3-5 weeks). 

Henceforth, copies of the McSweeney's article will be strategically inserted, throughout every waiting room.

Last edited by JetRx (2019-01-07 08:59:59)

#9 2019-01-07 09:04:07

Yeah, and you have to comb through those bills like you're looking at the JFK shooting evidence.  Years ago wifey had a simple procedure involving a small incision.  Hospital bill had bone screws and other such nonsense on it.

#11 2019-01-07 10:04:02

Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG), recently renamed for the Facebook founder after he donated $75 million, is the largest public hospital in San Francisco and the city’s only top-tier trauma center. But it doesn’t participate in the networks of any private health insurers — a surprise patients like Dang learn after assuming their coverage includes a trip to a large public ER.

Takes butt ugly to a whole new level, don't it?
https://cruelery.com/sidepic/mark.zuckerberg.png

#12 2019-01-20 15:19:40

New hospital price lists are massive spreadsheets full of gibberish

George Washington University Hospital’s pricing guide includes maddeningly vague charges. One item, listed simply as "viral illness," has a price estimate of $43,307.99. Another entry, listed as "headaches," has a cost of $32,456.66, and a listing of just “seizures” is priced at $68,113.41.

"To 99 percent of the consuming public, these data will be of limited utility—meaningless," Kenneth E. Raske, the president of the Greater New York Hospital Association, told The New York Times.

#13 2019-01-20 22:58:36

Racketeering refers to crimes committed through extortion or coercion. Extortion is a form of theft that occurs when an offender obtains money, property, or services from another person through coercion. To constitute coercion, the necessary act can be the threat of violence, destruction of property, or improper government action.

#14 2019-01-21 09:20:22

More like Hobson's Choice.

Board footer

cruelery.com