#1 2020-04-21 23:40:00

A pulse oximeter, a common medical device available without prescription from most pharmacies, is no more complicated than using a thermometer. These small devices turn on with one button and are placed on a fingertip. In a few seconds, two numbers are displayed: oxygen saturation and pulse rate. Pulse oximeters are extremely reliable in detecting oxygenation problems and elevated heart rates.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/opin … monia.html

#2 2020-04-22 04:53:56

Thanks for posting this.

#3 2020-04-22 06:14:31

Good read.

Oximeter on hand for years.  Stored in container with defibrillator, field surgery kit, BP cuff, etc.  Granted, this frivolous, prepper-esque kit would be of little use to anyone...until it is.   

Currently checking temperature before work. 
Adding O2 saturation to pre-departure checklist. 

This PLANdemic is steadily morphing into one of the greatest shams imaginable.

#4 2020-04-22 16:27:40

I keep a BP cuff (actually an automatic one and a pump one in two different kits) in my trauma kits but never a pulse-ox. It's a good point, if the prices don't treble overnight because of the article.

$30 is less than the hospital charged me for 2 tylenol.

#5 2020-04-22 16:43:20

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I keep a BP cuff (actually an automatic one and a pump one in two different kits) in my trauma kits but never a pulse-ox. It's a good point, if the prices don't treble overnight because of the article.

I bought one for $35 as I posted this link and noted it promised in-stock, 7 day delivery. When the transaction cleared, the cunts were back peddling to June 15, long after I clock room temperature.

#6 2020-04-23 12:26:35

This is very usefu info; thank you.  I need to see if I can get one locally before they're all gone...

Board footer

cruelery.com