• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Rush to judgement: Shoot out at the shooting range

#2 2021-02-21 14:42:24

Guns themselves are fine by themselves, who doesn't like guns.

This sad case just goes to show why I am very leery of being around the random public when they are carrying loaded guns. Being a lifelong student of the mind, I just don't trust people to maintain a high degree of stability over time. Which makes it a matter of time and statistical probability till someone goes off half cocked.

How the fetishism of firearms in this country skews the statistics I know not,  but have no wish to find out.

#3 2021-02-21 18:59:21

125 million people own guns.  400 million or so guns.  The fact that the numbers for gun incidents are not higher I think should be acknowledged.  Everyone I know who owns one, or a few, or like my neighbor, 57 rifles (and is a unionist, mechanic, and life long democrat) are totally responsible people.

And.... 2/3 of gun deaths are suicides.  HR 127 is going to cause more problems than it will solve.

Last edited by SpacePuppy (2021-02-21 19:03:04)

#4 2021-02-22 09:05:31

Ah statistics worth sorting through. Is it so that so many gun deaths are suicides? This guy in a gun store might qualify.

Quite frankly I am always amazed we haven't torn ourselves to shreds repeatedly by now. Somehow people survive, though societies don't always. We may have evolved brain chemistry to deal with tragedy, violence and anxiety. Well to some extent, the aftereffects do seem to linger. It appears the effects of trauma and extreme stress can compound as long as it doesn't stop us cold from creating another generation. Suffering is a state of being we can live with,  I would hope it can be alleviated a bit for a better well being of human societies.

#5 2021-02-22 10:14:16

It's been my experience, and the statistics back me, that pistols are primarily used for three things:

1.  Kill yourself.
2.  Kill the people you love.
3.  Kill innocent pieces of paper at the shooting range.

There are occasional other uses but those are rare by comparison to the top three.

It is telling that he walked into a room full of heavily armed people and did a lot of damage before someone took him out.  What was it two dead and eight wounded?  So much for carrying a pistol for protection.

Last edited by Emmeran (2021-02-22 10:14:51)

#6 2021-02-22 17:05:11

Sounds like Suicide by Cop when you can't even trust the cops to show up. If we would just make suicide legal, acceptable and painless a lot of this could be avoided.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Rush to judgement: Shoot out at the shooting range

Board footer

cruelery.com