#51 2021-06-21 13:21:25

Baywolfe wrote:

And the beat goes on, 10 Mass Shootings, 7 Deaths, more than 40 people injured OVER THE WEEKEND!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3Bs3MzXEAUw9_O.jpg

#52 2021-06-21 17:46:02

Who the fuck cares about the police in this situation? GET THE FUCKING GUNS OFF THE STREETS!

And before you start whining about your precious little 'rights', NONE of the rights Americans have are absolute. ZERO. You can't shout fire in a crowded theatre, newspapers can't publish things they know are false, you can't do a human sacrifice no matter much you yell, "religious freedumb!" You give up your 4th Amendment rights to get on a plane, most states don't let felons vote... but for some reason guns are the most sacred right we have?! Do you think we should all be walking around with bazookas?!

Ban automatic weapons, mandate background checks. Require training courses and insurance. And stop letting every jackass with penis envy walk around with a weapon.

#53 2021-06-21 17:59:51

BorderCount wrote:

Who the fuck cares about the police in this situation? GET THE FUCKING GUNS OFF THE STREETS!

And before you start whining about your precious little 'rights', NONE of the rights Americans have are absolute. ZERO. You can't shout fire in a crowded theatre, newspapers can't publish things they know are false, you can't do a human sacrifice no matter much you yell, "religious freedumb!" You give up your 4th Amendment rights to get on a plane, most states don't let felons vote... but for some reason guns are the most sacred right we have?! Do you think we should all be walking around with bazookas?!

Ban automatic weapons, mandate background checks. Require training courses and insurance. And stop letting every jackass with penis envy walk around with a weapon.

You keep on bringing up penis's. Is there something you want to share?

Automatic weapons can only legally be bought with a tax stamp, and have to have been manufactured before 1988 I seem to remember. Semi automatics are legal in all states.  Are you referring to those? They have been available as pistols since the 1800's and rifles from the early 1900's.

Most/All states have background checks.  We certainly do on the left coast. Good Info here to contradict the MSNBC/CNN/CBS disinformation campaign: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics

If you want to challenge the right to own a weapon, you are going to have to pass a constitutional amendment to do so.  Good luck, you'll need 60 percent in the house and senate, and then the court cases. Any seizures of legally owned guns, in fact violate the 4th. Airlines are a private business, but yes comply with federal laws.

I totally agree with you about training courses, and possibly insurance, as long as it doesn't penalize those of the working class. A sliding scale would work I believe. Before the NRA became a right wing shit show, gun safety courses were taught in many HS's across the US.  I would suggest Civics as well, which seems to be seriously lacking.

A question, have you ever smoked pot or taken acid, speed etc.?

Last edited by SpacePuppy (2021-06-21 18:04:27)

#54 2021-06-22 14:07:34

So much for having a gun and being trained to use it.  It didn't help this cop yesterday.  A Colorado police officer was among three people killed in a shooting in the city of Arvada

#55 2021-06-23 15:02:35

Baywolfe wrote:

So much for having a gun and being trained to use it.  It didn't help this cop yesterday.  A Colorado police officer was among three people killed in a shooting in the city of Arvada

When one is ambushed...

#56 2021-06-26 03:41:03

And then!

So much for the 'good guy with a gun' theory. This is exactly what was predicted would happen:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/26/us/arvad … index.html

#57 2021-06-26 04:26:02

Also, are you outraged over the judge stripping Derek Chauvin of his ability to own guns?

#58 2021-06-26 13:38:14

Why would I be? You do the crime, you do the time as the old saw goes, and what do guns have to do with his killing of George Floyd? It was a heinous, callous deliberate act done with using his knee, under the auspices of "law enforcement". 

You never answered my question about drugs. Have you ever?

Last edited by SpacePuppy (2021-06-26 15:35:17)

#59 2021-06-26 20:46:52

SpacePuppy wrote:

Why would I be? You do the crime, you do the time as the old saw goes, and what do guns have to do with his killing of George Floyd? It was a heinous, callous deliberate act done with using his knee, under the auspices of "law enforcement". 

You never answered my question about drugs. Have you ever?

Never, though I favor the full legalization of pot.

And as for 'why', it's quite simple. If you're in favor of stripping a felon's right to bear arms, then that means, "...shall not be infringed" isn't absolute. At that point, we agree that there are, in fact, constitutional restrictions allowed on guns. We just disagree on where the line gets drawn.

#60 2021-06-26 21:01:58

"Reality is for people who can't face drugs."
-- Tom Waits

#61 2021-06-26 22:13:23

"Never, though I favor the full legalization of pot.."

Shame.  I had a wonderful analogy, wasted though on someone who has lived within the confines of the law.  That is not a slur.  Just a statement of facts.

On the main, I am probably far more to the left than most of you. I come from Union Organizers, including those killed for organizing. I also come out of SDS... and early Weatherman and other folks, so my views will probably not be yours.  I respect you all, regardless.  I have done time, I have been shot at by police, and have tried to practice Ahimsa my whole life. So far, so good. I am luckier than some. 

As far as felons go, if they committed, a violent crime, then fine, restrict them for a few years. Put them through counselling, etc. Job training. Give them perhaps the humane treatment they deserve.  Until we develop a society that doesn't need prisons, we are guided by necessity.

Ahimsa permits self defense and defense of community. That is my only point.  If it be with shovels, fine. If it necessitates taking up of arms, I would prefer not, but will do so.

#62 2021-06-27 09:22:04

SpacePuppy wrote:

Shame.  I had a wonderful analogy, wasted though on someone who has lived within the confines of the law.  That is not a slur.  Just a statement of facts.

It's really less about the law than the desire to keep my mental faculties intact. Drinking alcohol is legal, but I don't do that, either.

#63 2021-07-01 23:56:47

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_8405058f-6c9a-4bbf-91e3-8105699985af_4_5005_c.jpeg

#67 2021-07-13 18:50:28

Funny thing about that moldy, old, outdated, Second Amendment.  It says "bear" and it says "keep" but it does not say "own".

Oh, and black people own guns too.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/157_blacksandguns-ns-2.jpg

#68 2021-07-14 21:55:06

Baywolfe wrote:

Funny thing about that moldy, old, outdated, Second Amendment.  It says "bear" and it says "keep" but it does not say "own".

Oh, and black people own guns too.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/157_blacksandguns-ns-2.jpg

Pretty much all early gun laws were to prohibit Black folks from owning guns.  Gun laws by their very basis are racist. I am glad you are aware that black people own them.

And this my sisters and brothers is the root of it all.

As an aside: In the late 60's one of my mentors had been a member of the BLA, who fought the National Guard in the Harlem Uprising, and then later in Detroit. He was an amazing person. He defended his communit(ies). Eventually moved to Canada.  I had friends in the Panthers, the group I was in was aligned with the Oakland Chapter.  Heady days.

Last edited by SpacePuppy (2021-07-14 22:09:35)

#69 2021-07-17 21:54:11

Going After The Symptoms, and not the Root Cause:

Yes, the press concentrates on guns, but ignores this. Many times the deaths, and if we try to address the gun war(s) as we did the drug war, well:

https://unitedrecoveryproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/drug-overdose-scaled.jpeg
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/da … ecord-2020

#70 2021-07-18 08:56:11

If you think that there is an apt analogy between drug use and gun use, you're either deliberately being obtuse, or you're incredibly naïve.

#71 2021-07-18 09:04:51

Baywolfe wrote:

If you think that there is an apt analogy between drug use and gun use, you're either deliberately being obtuse, or you're incredibly naïve.

Given his history in this thread, it's the former, which is why I've largely elected to bow out.

#72 2021-07-18 13:36:19

Baywolfe wrote:

If you think the same (winning) techniques used by the Gov't to suppress drug use is going to work with guns, you are incredibly naïve. I lost a shit ton of friends and associates to drugs. I don't use the analogy lightly.

Last edited by SpacePuppy (2021-07-18 13:36:46)

#73 2021-07-18 13:37:47

BorderCount wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Given his history in this thread, it's the former, which is why I've largely elected to bow out.

Given that I don't agree with your view point does not make one obtuse, the reverse could be stated as well in your case.

#74 2021-07-19 13:33:26

SpacePuppy wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

If you think the same (winning) techniques used by the Gov't to suppress drug use is going to work with guns, you are incredibly naïve. I lost a shit ton of friends and associates to drugs. I don't use the analogy lightly.

Oh, chill.  An actual intelligent estimate of how long it would take to go door to door and confiscate everybody's guns is 100 years.  I'm at peace with thinking that ALL gun owners are the enemy, or at least part of the problem, and leave it at that. 

However, we're almost all drug users of some kind and, if some people take that to the ultimate level, then that was their choice.  Of course the GOP's response to drugs has not only been ludicrous but also hypocritical given their addiction to "legal" opioids.  But nobody is going to kill me by overdosing.  Nobody is going to accidentally inject me with meth, crank, H, whatever the fuck.  None of my neighbors are going to assault me or my family with drugs.  In fact, they can throw all the weed at me they want.

But that asshole on the corner with an American flag, a Texas Flag, and a Punisher flag; that had Trump for President signs on the outside of his backyard fence, the one that I would bet a million dollars has more than one gun in his house, that's the furry freaks that scare me.

Last edited by Baywolfe (2021-07-19 13:34:29)

#75 2021-07-19 14:01:32

Baywolfe wrote:

SpacePuppy wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Oh, chill.  An actual intelligent estimate of how long it would take to go door to door and confiscate everybody's guns is 100 years.  I'm at peace with thinking that ALL gun owners are the enemy, or at least part of the problem, and leave it at that. 

However, we're almost all drug users of some kind and, if some people take that to the ultimate level, then that was their choice.  Of course the GOP's response to drugs has not only been ludicrous but also hypocritical given their addiction to "legal" opioids.  But nobody is going to kill me by overdosing.  Nobody is going to accidentally inject me with meth, crank, H, whatever the fuck.  None of my neighbors are going to assault me or my family with drugs.  In fact, they can throw all the weed at me they want.

But that asshole on the corner with an American flag, a Texas Flag, and a Punisher flag; that had Trump for President signs on the outside of his backyard fence, the one that I would bet a million dollars has more than one gun in his house, that's the furry freaks that scare me.

Great answer, and some excellent points I don't think I disagree with any of them.

#76 2021-08-01 15:14:56

Worthwhile Article:
https://archive.is/BkY6G

https://archive.is/BkY6G/fd61406baa38574f445553e471dffaa9e9e62edd.jpg

#77 2021-08-04 13:31:11

The laws giving greater gun freedom are also racist, they just don't see it that way.  Unlicensed carry/conceal, you think the Bubbas had black and hispanics in mind?  They passed as the will of, by, and for the White Man but, let non-whites get the least bit aggressive with those new laws and they would disappear overnight.  In Texas at least.

A lot of white people don't want Democracy anymore.  They finally found a Dictator they think they can live with, without understanding that $45 would make this country in the image of his diseased mind.  We either come through this and evolve or it's this level of insanity until we collapse.
https://cruelery.com/uploads/157_67721428_1300189886802976_5845631789015498752_n.jpg

#78 2021-08-04 15:38:32

Yep, mental and spiritual health crisis. 

Noam Chomsky, one of the most important intellectuals in life today, has drawn up the list of the 10 strategies of manipulation through mass media.

Give 5 minutes and you won't regret it.

If only to expand your knowledge.

1-The strategy of distraction
The primordial element of social control is the distraction strategy that consists of diverting the public's attention from major problems and the changes decided by political and economic elites, through flooding of continuous distractions and insignificant information.
Distraction strategy is also essential to prevent the public from becoming interested in essential knowledge in the area of science, economics, psychology, neurobiology and cybernetics. Keeping the audience's attention deviated from real social problems, imprisoned by themes without real importance.
Keeping the public busy, busy, busy, with no time to think, back to the farm like other animals (quoted in the text ′′ Silent weapons for quiet wars ′′).

2-Creating problems and then offering the solutions.
This method is also called the ′′ problem-reaction-solution ". It creates a problem, a ′′ situation ′′ planned to cause a certain reaction from the public, with the aim that this is the mandate of the measures they want to accept. For example: letting urban violence intensify or intensify, or organize bloody attacks, with the aim of the public being those requiring security laws and policies to the detriment of freedom. Also: create an economic crisis to make social rights demotion and dismantle public services accept as a necessary evil.

3-The Strategy of Graduation.
To make an unacceptable measure accepted, you only need to apply it gradually, to dropper, for consecutive years. This is how radically new socioeconomic conditions (neoliberism) were imposed during the decades of the 80 s and 90 s: minimum state, privatisation, precariousness, flexibility, mass unemployment, wages that no longer guarantee dignified incomes , so many changes that would have brought about a revolution if they were implemented at once.

4-The Strategy of Deferring.
Another way to get an unpopular decision to accept is to present it as ′′ painful and necessary ", gaining public acceptance, in the moment, for future application. It is easier to accept a future sacrifice than an immediate sacrifice. First, because effort isn't that taken immediately. Second, because the public, the mass, always tends to naively hope that ′′ everything will be better tomorrow ′′ and that the required sacrifice could be avoided. This gives the audience more time to get used to the idea of change and accept it resigned when the time comes.

5-Reach to the public like children.
Most publicity advertising uses speeches, topics, characters and a particularly childish intonation, many times close to weakness, as if the viewer was a few years old creature or a mental moron. When you try to deceive the viewer the more you tend to use a childish tone. Why? Why? ′′ If someone addresses a person as if they are 12 or under, then based on suggestionability, they will probably tend to a response or reaction even without a critical sense like that of a 12 person. years or less ′′ (see ′′ Silent Weapons for quiet wars ′′).
6-Using emotional aspect much more than reflection.

Take advantage of emotion it's a classic technique to provoke a short circuit on a rational analysis and, finally, the critical sense of the individual. Additionally, the use of emotional register allows the unconscious access door to implant or inject ideas, desires, fears and fears, compulsions, or induce behaviors.

7-Keeping the public in ignorance and mediocrity.
Making the public incapable of understanding the technologies and methods used for their control and slavery.
′′ The quality of education given to lower social classes must be as poor and mediocre as possible, so that the distance of ignorance that plans between lower classes and upper classes is and remains impossible to fill from the lower classes ".

8-Stimulating the public to be complacent with mediocrity.
Pushing the audience to think it's fashionable to be stupid, vulgar and ignorant...

9-Strengthening self-guilt.
Making the individual believe that he is only the culprit of his disgrace, because of his insufficient intelligence, skills or efforts. So, instead of rebelling against the economic system, the individual devalues himself and blames himself, which in turn creates a depressive state, one of whose effects is the inhibition of his action. And without action there is no revolution!

10-Knowing individuals better than they know themselves.
Over the past 50 years, science's rapid progress has generated a growing gap between public knowledge and those possessed and used by dominant elites. Thanks to biology, neurobiology, and applied psychology, the ′′ system ′′ has enjoyed advanced knowledge of the human being, both in its physical and psychological form. The system has managed to learn better about the common individual than he knows himself. This means that, in most cases, the system exercises greater control and greater power over individuals, greater than that which the same individual exercises over himself.

#79 2021-08-16 16:53:40

Gun Control, Taliban Style.  The DNC could learn from these guys!

https://twitter.com/TOLOnews/status/142 … el-safe%2F

Last edited by SpacePuppy (2021-08-16 16:54:36)

#80 2021-08-17 00:08:08

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_7e68e2ad-0a4f-4f07-9256-0530ac504daf.jpeg

#81 2021-08-17 09:01:14

Umm, the Taliban were negotiating disarming with the Afghan army and security over a year ago. With the weapons and supplies to be collected. As is the way of the culture there, large payments were made in advance to allow this to occur without further conflict. It appears our military and intelligence knew all about this, but never-mind.

We likely have a very good idea of who supplies the money flow to Quetta for the Taliban, but again never-mind, we got other balls in play, other interests to protect, other complicities with those officials.

#82 2021-10-02 19:25:17

We will now see the Brits trying to License/Ban Hammers. First Guns, Then Blades of Extraordinary Size, Now Hammers.  Eventually this will end up with banning cutlery, sharp sticks and pronouns.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 … ral-london

#83 2022-12-08 20:03:30

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_fjfiq7ex0amp_xz.jpeg

#84 2023-02-15 02:32:05

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_fo-gx2ixwaqius1.jpeg

#87 2023-02-15 15:29:25

JetRx wrote:

muh, equity

Agreed.

#88 2023-02-15 23:17:19

Bottom line:

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_ae91bfdb-9ddb-4c55-b76f-a7c352f29929.jpeg

#89 2023-03-17 05:44:14

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_fruo5fwwwaaftxu.jpeg

#90 2023-03-17 14:04:06

https://preview.redd.it/ogvpaakl4coa1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=f45088a1870e3fa7ba548407ec882b7bcd13bf05

#91 2023-03-24 02:09:09

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_0a1b732d-c3bf-47e0-96a5-a6455b6cf919.jpeg

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_72558a9f-7f24-45b7-a612-167db3bd5035.jpeg

#92 2023-03-24 16:48:12

DmtDusty wrote:

https://preview.redd.it/ogvpaakl4coa1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=f45088a1870e3fa7ba548407ec882b7bcd13bf05

So true!

I should be able to carry around tactical nukes if I like - after all they are simply 'Arms'

#93 2023-03-24 19:42:33

Emmeran wrote:

So true!

I should be able to carry around tactical nukes if I like - after all they are simply 'Arms'

So you were in Libya where that 2 tons of yellow cake went missing last week? Let me know how that works out!

#94 2023-03-28 20:08:23

DmtDusty wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

So true!

So you were in Libya where that 2 tons of yellow cake went missing last week? Let me know how that works out!

No worries, we hired the Russians to do it.

#95 2023-03-29 19:44:33

DmtDusty wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

So true!

Nah, I was hanging with Jetrx showing him you can use "2nd Amendment" arms in the form of 60mm mortars to resolve a property line conflict with your neighbor.  Surprisingly Jet-baby thought the tactical nuke might be a bad idea and rightfully illegal.

#96 2023-03-29 21:53:28

Emmeran wrote:

DmtDusty wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

So true!

Nah, I was hanging with Jetrx showing him you can use "2nd Amendment" arms in the form of 60mm mortars to resolve a property line conflict with your neighbor.  Surprisingly Jet-baby thought the tactical nuke might be a bad idea and rightfully illegal.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_3484df16-c074-421b-833e-0b632a47289b.png
https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_6a170b4b-e51a-45bb-9d71-7fd687a94cd9.jpeg

In other news:

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_6873375e-7516-4ab6-afa0-abc7fc47b476.jpeg

Last edited by JetRx (2023-03-30 03:06:57)

#97 2023-03-30 05:20:55

So you're saying we should start shooting Republicans? Because they're the ones who are censoring things, erasing history, and taking away freedoms...

#98 2023-03-30 07:39:09

BorderCount wrote:

So you're saying we should start shooting Republicans? Because they're the ones who are censoring things, erasing history, and taking away freedoms...

Correct.  The meme is dumb but an accurate reflection of the poster's predilections.  Does anyone really believe that it would mean the end of freedom if all states had red flag laws and universal background checks?  Here's a question -- what do you think the drafters would have done in lieu of the Second Amendment had they foreseen the violent society we now have?

#99 2023-03-30 12:02:13

https://i.imgur.com/jIE2xZa.jpeg

#100 2023-04-15 03:14:58

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_e12ebd9f-3ea9-446e-8a23-e9d926cc001b.jpeg

Board footer

cruelery.com