#1 2022-07-19 15:54:20

The FDA is wondering Does An Omicron ‘Booster’ Make Sense...

If you're short on time, spoiler alert, they are like Elves in that they will say both "yes" and "no".

Last edited by Baywolfe (2022-07-19 15:55:41)

#2 2022-07-19 16:29:41

My son and his girlfriend, along with roommates came down with it... We were in isolation for two weeks, due to 2 separate incidents of exposure.  Fuckety Fuck.

#3 2022-07-20 10:22:05

I go out and play golf once a week and that's my only outside exposure.  But my granddaughter works a few days a week and her mom is our link to the outside world shopping.  GD caught it and had to iso in her room for a couple of weeks, DIL seems to be healthy but what the fuck is the deal?  Are the anti-vaxxers still fucking things up somehow?

#4 2022-07-21 05:57:34

Baywolfe wrote:

I go out and play golf once a week and that's my only outside exposure.  But my granddaughter works a few days a week and her mom is our link to the outside world shopping.  GD caught it and had to iso in her room for a couple of weeks, DIL seems to be healthy but what the fuck is the deal?  Are the anti-vaxxers still fucking things up somehow?

Yes. Remember, these assholes brought measles back, too.

#5 2022-07-21 10:00:55

It certainly is spreading quickly this summer, but I suspect that is just a a repeat of how very contagious Omnicron variant's are. Similar to the rate of spread last January.

Combine that with people letting their guard down, fading immunity from catching it,  and voila! People are getting it again or for 1st time.

I spent the Pandemic trying to keep a team of 20-30 engineers working onsite within deadlines that could not fall behind. This team rotated between 3 separate locations in different states. The work went on for 2.5 years constantly at a rate of production I have never attempted before. And we had to work in close physical quarters amongst 300 other employees and contractors who came and went without notice.  We did pretty well and kept it out of our working core for years, experiencing no project delays. Then this year between New Years and 3rd week of January, every single person onsite, all 247 got it. Seems likely it was Omnicron. There was no stopping it. All deadlines were blown out.

All but 3 tested positive. The  executive operations manager, a young assistant who flew in from Europe, and me. Why me, I have no idea, I expect I caught it and just never tested positive. Was I contagious, who knows? Maybe not. But damn it,  I never got a day off and had to do everyone else's work.

This summer I have been traveling between music events, and notice that dozens of people are catching it right quick from short social interactions when they leave their home bubble.

#6 2022-07-21 10:25:11

I spent three weeks in the throes of it this winter and probably should have been in hospital.  Melons had the quick and easy three day version.  I still haven't fully recovered - who would think you could run out of breath and stamina just by trying to roll over in bed?

I don't go out anymore.

#7 2022-07-21 13:11:08

Emmeran wrote:

I spent three weeks in the throes of it this winter and probably should have been in hospital.  Melons had the quick and easy three day version.  I still haven't fully recovered - who would think you could run out of breath and stamina just by trying to roll over in bed?

I don't go out anymore.

Sorry to read that EM. I hope it gets better.

#8 2022-07-21 13:31:16

That is no fun to be impacted over the long haul.

Now appears the moment to be extra careful to avoid a 2nd infection. I was getting anecdotal reports of 1 or 2 people a day coming down with it. This week I hear about from 5 to 6 new cases a day amongst the couple hundred people in my circles.

Board footer

cruelery.com