#1 2022-08-11 19:20:01

Biden met with historians who warned him about threats to democracy and compared the current moment to the pre-Civil War era, report says...
https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-m … war-2022-8

Ya'll need to visit Parler, or at least ParlerWatch on Reddit to realize that these people are serious.  Watching the BS that has engulfed Portland, and just down the road 2 miles are big meetings of Proud Boys who are intimidating people to such a degree that they are moving out of that little town, Gladstone.

I see people with 3% patches, Trump Flags flying locally, and if you think that they care for you, you are sadly mistaken. I have seen their behaviour, and it isn't nice.

#2 2022-08-11 22:01:31

I'm sure they are, what we don't know is how many of them there are.

#3 2022-08-11 22:10:51

Baywolfe wrote:

Enough to be concerned about.

#4 2022-08-12 11:53:14

DmtDusty wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Are there?  Sure, there are a lot of sympathizers here, but how many would pick up a gun and actually kill... who exactly?  How many people on Parler would actually do some real shit?  Didn't Jan 6 expose the numbers by showing how many actually went in with the idea of doing mischief and how many just hung around outside getting their pictures taken?

Both my Grandfathers killed fascists in WWII.  Or, at least, the soldiers working for the fascists.  If they want to make it a personal fight, I think they would be surprised the number of "libs" that would be willing to engage them and/or their leaders.

Last edited by Baywolfe (2022-08-12 11:53:42)

#5 2022-08-12 13:07:37

Baywolfe wrote:

DmtDusty wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Are there?  Sure, there are a lot of sympathizers here, but how many would pick up a gun and actually kill... who exactly?  How many people on Parler would actually do some real shit?  Didn't Jan 6 expose the numbers by showing how many actually went in with the idea of doing mischief and how many just hung around outside getting their pictures taken?

Both my Grandfathers killed fascists in WWII.  Or, at least, the soldiers working for the fascists.  If they want to make it a personal fight, I think they would be surprised the number of "libs" that would be willing to engage them and/or their leaders.

Many on the left, and some on the liberal side are armed. Part of me thinks it is on the main, all bluff/threat display. Reading Parler after January 6th there was talk from 3%'ers of getting voting rolls and going door to door in Florida (at least) and killing Democrats. I pray you are correct.

I think the SRA, John Brown Gun Club, and other likeminded groups are a natural reaction to what has been brewing since 2008.

I for one never would never want to be put in the situation of killing or harming another, but honestly as a lifelong adherent to Ahimsa, I can, am able to, and will defend myself, family, neighbors, community if necessary. It is permitted within the precepts to do so.

Last edited by DmtDusty (2022-08-12 13:08:32)

#6 2022-08-12 17:50:33

DmtDusty wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

DmtDusty wrote:

Many on the left, and some on the liberal side are armed. Part of me thinks it is on the main, all bluff/threat display. Reading Parler after January 6th there was talk from 3%'ers of getting voting rolls and going door to door in Florida (at least) and killing Democrats. I pray you are correct.

I think the SRA, John Brown Gun Club, and other likeminded groups are a natural reaction to what has been brewing since 2008.

I for one never would never want to be put in the situation of killing or harming another, but honestly as a lifelong adherent to Ahimsa, I can, am able to, and will defend myself, family, neighbors, community if necessary. It is permitted within the precepts to do so.

In WWII, only 10% of the soldiers actually fired their weapons.  None of these people know what they'll do when the time comes, except for the real crazies and they aren't subject to any specific behavior patterns so, whether an alt-left or the next Son of Sam lives next door, what does it matter?

#7 2022-08-12 18:06:32

I think it matters a lot, from what I am seeing in Gladstone, and other hot spots locally.

#8 2022-08-13 00:28:36

Yeah, it's down to real estate again, whether you should worry is based on Location, Location, Location.

The city I live in was once described during a Criminal Minds episode as "a multi-cultural city just outside Dallas".  And Dallas is not a hotbed of hate with those people.  Maybe Houston, maybe Fort Worth, but the rich fascists that live in all the cities north and west of here, definitely not.

Board footer

cruelery.com