#2 2023-01-06 21:30:36

All it takes is a new discovery for us to go off in a completely different direction and then the quest for knowledge begins again.  The more you know, the more you know what you don't know.  I could see certain branches of Physics slowing down as we know all that's knowable, but something else will appear.

#3 2023-01-07 10:44:30

Well that's a relief. This is the last thing I will ever wake up and worry about.

We know so little. We meat puppets with our monkey minds can barely perceive the actual reality of the known universe. More not, than so. We sculpt everything we can see, measure, and could ever understand, through our primate brains. Which by their very construction, were evolved only to adapt us to the particular needs of staying alive long enough in this environment to respawn. So our physical units see what they need to see, and more importantly, constantly anticipate the world to be as we need it to be, not necessarily as it is, just enough to get along. There are some interesting explanations by physicists how this factor of our existence, might extend right into the sensors we build to peer out at the universe.

“I wasn't even, in a sense, trying to find something so fundamental about quantum mechanics,” he continued. “When we realized that there's something really interesting going on here, that was a really big surprise to me.”

...Now, for the first time ever, scientists at Brookhaven have captured interference patterns that are created by the entanglement of two particles with different charges, a breakthrough that has opened up a completely new window into the mysterious innards of atoms that make up visible matter in the universe, according to a study published on Wednesday in Science Advances.

“There's never been any measurement in the past of interference between distinguishable particles,” said Daniel Brandenburg, a physics professor at the Ohio State University who co-authored the new study...

Gazing into atoms at high energies could help scientists resolve some of the most intractable problems in science, including the grand mystery of how the quantum world can coexist with our reality, which is governed by the much more familiar rules of classical physics.

#4 2023-01-07 14:02:52

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Well that's a relief. This is the last thing I will ever wake up and worry about.

We know so little. We meat puppets with our monkey minds can barely perceive the actual reality of the known universe. More not, than so. We sculpt everything we can see, measure, and could ever understand, through our primate brains. Which by their very construction, were evolved only to adapt us to the particular needs of staying alive long enough in this environment to respawn. So our physical units see what they need to see, and more importantly, constantly anticipate the world to be as we need it to be, not necessarily as it is, just enough to get along. There are some interesting explanations by physicists how this factor of our existence, might extend right into the sensors we build to peer out at the universe.

“I wasn't even, in a sense, trying to find something so fundamental about quantum mechanics,” he continued. “When we realized that there's something really interesting going on here, that was a really big surprise to me.”

...Now, for the first time ever, scientists at Brookhaven have captured interference patterns that are created by the entanglement of two particles with different charges, a breakthrough that has opened up a completely new window into the mysterious innards of atoms that make up visible matter in the universe, according to a study published on Wednesday in Science Advances.

“There's never been any measurement in the past of interference between distinguishable particles,” said Daniel Brandenburg, a physics professor at the Ohio State University who co-authored the new study...

Gazing into atoms at high energies could help scientists resolve some of the most intractable problems in science, including the grand mystery of how the quantum world can coexist with our reality, which is governed by the much more familiar rules of classical physics.

Well put!

Board footer

cruelery.com