#2 2008-03-18 15:48:47

I sincerely hope I’m not the only person noticing the increasing acceptance of the word ‘nigger’ on television.

I'm glad there's at least one black guy out there who feel's this way. When I was still doing the social-work thing with kids here in SF, it made me crazy when the black kids would use the term as easily as breathing.

I'd tell them not to use it in the shelter because it was demeaning  and they'd look at me as if I was crazy. Unfortunately, Dave Chapelle was using humor that went right over the tops of the heads of a significant portion of the population, and now we're stuck with it.

#3 2008-03-18 15:58:56

Whoopdeedoo. He's as arrogant a wholefoods-oreo-asshole as the ignorant crackers who offend him.

#4 2008-03-18 18:45:51

Did I miss something? I was under the impression that the "N word" (AKA nigger) had become more and more unacceptable for public utterance, ESPECIALLY on television. TV news reporters won't even use the word when quoting it's use is central to the story being told. Its accepted unbleeped use has only been on shows with a political undertones, (Dave Chapelle, South Park) and only as a way to "make the viewer think". I imagine sometime in the future there will be an award for the best use of the word nigger in a serious artistic feature, ala "the restraunt at the end of the universe".

#5 2008-03-18 20:05:43

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5286/angrymw8.png
angry black man

#6 2008-03-18 20:15:59

he be happy now....

http://b.imagehost.org/0284/afterafter.jpg

This is kinda like the "Safeway" in my 'hood.  (Can a wigga use dat word?)

My first trip to the local Safeway involved the following:

* Getting cursed out by the homeless dude who loiters in front of the store because, apparently, $5 is way below the unit price for the giant pile of absolutely fucking nothing he gave me in return for it. This was followed almost immediately by me being bowled over by…
    * …a boy, about 12 years old, shoplifting two sacks of oranges and being chased by an elderly store manager. But at least he’ll be eating healthier than…
    * …the 400+ lb man with a shopping cart OVERFLOWING with Hungry Man dinners (and nothing but Hungry Man dinners), as if his fat ass could possibly be Hungry or even remotely resembled a Man. Perhaps he eats because he’s depressed as a result of being married to…
    * …the woman whose eyebrows were a.) drawn on with b.) a turquoise fucking pencil. She was, not surprisingly, the mother of…
    * …the toddler who was screaming, I kid you not, “YALL NIGGAZ AIN’T SHIT!” to virtually anyone who got within six feet of him, including…
    * …the 15 (?) year old girl who was dressed like a stripper named ‘Sable’ and kept asking me for my phone number. To get her off my case, I figured I’d busy myself by reading a magazine - so I look over at the mag aisle to be greeted by endless copies of…
    * …’Guns ‘N Ammo’ magazine, conveniently located in the main grocery store of a neighborhood with a 30 year history of rampant gun violence.

#7 2008-03-18 20:51:25

So when does being 1/4 negroid or even less qualify as being Black?  In Africa, he's called WHITE.

#8 2008-03-18 22:44:03

as Obama illustrates, it's all about the ability to "pass".

Which, obviously, he can't.....

Last edited by Lurker (2008-03-18 22:44:48)

Board footer

cruelery.com