#1 2007-10-12 15:52:27

Someone calling themselves Decadence just registered.

No, it was NOT me.

Show yourself, imposter!

#2 2007-10-12 16:06:21

I don't get it Choad.  Decadence would fit right in here. 

I still need some instuction or a link on posting videos.

#3 2007-10-12 16:09:42

I can't say one way or another,  but it smells like him.

#4 2007-10-12 16:13:23

Fled wrote:

I still need some instuction or a link on posting videos.

Find the film strip among the icons above the message editing window. Then mess around until it works. Yeah, sorry, I have to run. Anyone?

#5 2007-10-12 16:27:41

choad wrote:

Then mess around until it works...Anyone?

BBcode (that annoying, bracketed shit) for most of the popular vid hosting sites will automatically populate the post form when you click the appropriate one. For example...

This (alignment is optional):

Code:

[center][youtube]l3AHFSqIztw[/youtube][/center]

Will produce this:

The part you replace the pound signs with is the end of their URL: ...youtube.com/watch?v=l3AHFSqIztw
The 'view' portion of most links should be intuitive, or you can crib it from their embedding code.

#6 2007-10-12 16:59:58

opsec wrote:

I can't say one way or another,  but it smells like him.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about that.  I've brushed my teeth, eaten a sandwich . . .  I just can't seem to get the odor of yesterday's scotch off of my breath.

pALEPHx wrote:

BBcode (that annoying, bracketed shit) . . .

Man, I'm getting too old to be learning new code.  Had it not been for the little cheat-bar, I never would have figured out how to post an image.

#7 2007-10-12 17:46:23

Decadence wrote:

Man, I'm getting too old to be learning new code.

Ditto. And they keep inventing more useless, proprietary crap for me to figure out.

You can pretty much use whatever mark-up tags you know, swapping the carets for brackets. Firefox or a newer IE will probably let you use the RTE ("Easy Visual BBCode") just by highlighting. More "dangerous" HTML has been disabled or stripped because it allows exploits of the software that runs this board or just fucks it up, altogether.

I haven't really tested some of the "hidden" commands that are usually available for PHP-based forums, but it's the weekend and anything could happen. (I promise not to make a mess, Choad)

Board footer

cruelery.com