#1 2008-07-14 21:27:23

Someone else must have posted this, but I don't see it, so here goes:
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/images/2008/07/14/newyorker.jpg

#2 2008-07-14 23:21:19

It's not even a particularly well-drawn cartoon, at that. Seems designed to cause the most grief in the cheapest manner available. In that, a resounding success. As satire, epic fail.

#3 2008-07-15 00:13:53

Is *any* cartoon in the New Yorker ever 'well drawn'?  I think the last decent cartoonist there was probably Charles Addams.

#4 2008-07-15 05:01:21

whosasailorthen wrote:

Is *any* cartoon in the New Yorker ever 'well drawn'?  I think the last decent cartoonist there was probably Charles Addams.

[blink]FIVE POINTS OFF[/blink]
For knowing the names of New Yorker cartoonists.

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2008-07-15 05:02:01)

#5 2008-07-15 09:22:38

The Obama-rama-ding-dong camp is wailing and moaning and gnashing teeth and pulling hair over the "nature" of the cartoon while carrying all of the publicity to the bank in Santa sacks.

Have you seen some the GW Bush NYer covers? Meh.

#6 2008-07-15 10:15:24

GooberMcNutly wrote:

The Obama-rama-ding-dong camp is wailing and moaning and gnashing teeth and pulling hair over the "nature" of the cartoon while carrying all of the publicity to the bank in Santa sacks.

Have you seen some the GW Bush NYer covers? Meh.

Yeah, but the New Yorker is supposed to be full of elitist Obama supporters.  It's a foregone conclusion that they would mock GWB.

Really, what it shows are that the liberal elite is just as out of touch with the rest of  the world as the wealthy Republicans.  Back in '04 I had friends who just didn't see any way that Bush could win a second term and thought Kerry was a done deal.  I told them that they can't assume that the rest of the world thinks the same ways as they do in the academic bubble, but they were self righteous in their insistance that Bush had no prayer of a second term.  Well, we all know how that turned out.

As an aside, the New Yorker has always sucked ass.  I don't know why anyone is surprised.  Quite frankly I think it was an economic decision to stir up controversy and sell their sorry ass mag.

#7 2008-07-15 11:15:25

headkicker_girl wrote:

Quite frankly I think it was an economic decision to stir up controversy and sell their sorry ass mag.

Are you trying to insinuate that the members of the press might be motivated by profit just like the rest of us?

#8 2008-07-15 12:23:04

did I see a motherfucking attempt at a blink tag? What the fuck is this 1994? Which version of Mosaic are you running?

#9 2008-07-15 12:57:39

whosasailorthen wrote:

Ahem. Frank Thorne still draws for them. Just saying... (so they'll comp my subscription again come renewal time).

#10 2008-07-15 13:32:15

orangeplus wrote:

did I see a motherfucking attempt at a blink tag? What the fuck is this 1994? Which version of Mosaic are you running?

Chill out, orangejuice. It was purely ironic. But I'm glad you noticed. Mosaic version=

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2008-07-15 13:35:00)

#11 2008-07-15 15:53:40

headkicker_girl wrote:

Back in '04 I had friends who just didn't see any way that Bush could win a second term and thought Kerry was a done deal.  I told them that they can't assume that the rest of the world thinks the same ways as they do in the academic bubble, but they were self righteous in their insistance that Bush had no prayer of a second term.  I tried to press my case further, but they replied that I wasn't there to talk presidential politics, and insisted I shut the fuck up and assume the receiving position in the Bukkake event planned for me.

Despite their reluctance to hear you out, I think you had a valid point, HKG.

#12 2008-07-15 16:04:38

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

[marquee] Art Spiegelman [/marquee]

#13 2008-07-15 16:13:52

pALEPHx wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

[marquee] Art Spiegelman [/marquee]

FIVE POINTS OFF FOR REMEMBERING THE MARQUEE COMMAND

#14 2008-07-15 19:10:49

benzene wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

Back in '04 I had friends who just didn't see any way that Bush could win a second term and thought Kerry was a done deal.  I told them that they can't assume that the rest of the world thinks the same ways as they do in the academic bubble, but they were self righteous in their insistance that Bush had no prayer of a second term.  I tried to press my case further, but they replied that I wasn't there to talk presidential politics, and insisted I shut the fuck up and assume the receiving position in the Bukkake event planned for me.

Despite their reluctance to hear you out, I think you had a valid point, HKG.

Welcome back, douchebag!  Your hairy Mediterranean wife let you back on the interwebs?  Is she still doing those fetish videos?  It's been hot in Cali this summer, so I bet the smell is putrifying.

#15 2008-07-15 21:01:34

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/30248/original.jpg

Board footer

cruelery.com