#2 2007-10-17 18:20:49

Re. my last topic.

I wonder if todays vaccines will stave off what may well be coming down the pike.

#3 2007-10-17 18:24:12

MSG Tripps wrote:

Re. my last topic.

I wonder if todays vaccines will stave off what may well be coming down the pike.

I saw that.  Overprescription of antibiotics.

#4 2007-10-17 18:28:57

headkicker_girl wrote:

Overprescription of antibiotics.

It is possible that would be one of the least of worries.

Shit happens, no matter what.

Love

The Planet

#5 2007-10-17 18:31:58

I went to grade school with a girl whose parents had religious objections to vaccines.  She was one of the last children in America to contract Polio.  I’m willing to bet that any children she may have had were vaccinated.

#6 2007-10-17 18:35:27

My thoughts are not anti - vaccine.  Rather, regardless....

#7 2007-10-17 18:40:30

This can't happen in America.  We don't believe in evolution.

#8 2007-10-17 18:43:06

opsec wrote:

We don't believe in evolution.

I am not sure any critter to walk this place has gotten it.

#9 2007-10-17 19:08:20

Am I correct in thinking that people with contagious TB are forceably retained and treated if they will not voluntarily undergo treatment?  A school nurse told me that last year after I saw someone leave skin from their hand on a subway pole and I wondered if people with whatever would cause that -my guess was leprosy but what the hell do I know- should be allowed to take public transportation.  If that is the case, why are there ANY exemptions from vaccinating your children?

And as far as that woman not allowing her already autistic son to get any more vaccinations, what is she worried about?  That he'll become more autistic?  My guess is she's hoping that he gets something and dies so she doesn't have to spend the rest of her life taking care of him.

#10 2007-10-17 22:34:21

OK. So they don't want their kids to get vaccinated, and they are willing to lie just to do so, putting the kid at risk for life-threatening disease(s).

Hmm.

I see no problem.

Just sounds like Darwinisim in action to me.

Time wounds all heels.

#11 2007-10-18 02:05:44

And fluoride in the water breeds communism.

http://northlandposter.com/img/p141.gif

#12 2007-10-18 02:17:14

Taint wrote:

fluoride in the water breeds communism.

It is too bad that you could not find a space at where you are from.    I dig the Ozarks....   There was this A frame that.... [Benton County]....  [most everyone knew]....

#13 2007-10-18 06:04:45

Such "religious convictions" will also lead to enforced home schooling--and we know what fun the products of that are like--because there's no reason in hell any other parent should let their kids near little Salmonellah al Fester on the teeter-totter. Most vaccines (MMR, tetanus, polio, etc.) have been in use for decades, in formulations that present the most minimal risks to infants. What next, no silver drops for their tiny funadamentalist eyeballs? "Johnny's blind because we're too fucking stupid."

Antibiotics and vaccines are not the same thing. I would agree that the former are overprescribed and contributing to crap like H5N1 and MRSA.

Board footer

cruelery.com