#1 2008-08-28 18:30:27

[url=http://news. bbc. co. uk/2/hi/europe/7513058. stm]A Capuchin monk, Brother Cesare Bonizzi, is the lead singer in a heavy metal band which has just released its second album.

The 62-year-old monk's love affair with heavy metal began when he attended a Metallica concert some 15 years ago.[/url]

#2 2008-08-28 21:22:00

Well he's more talented than James Hetfield. Not that that counts for much.

#3 2008-08-28 21:33:13

HAT...

#4 2008-08-28 21:33:14

That dude is fucking metal.

#5 2008-08-28 21:37:19

Just wait, as soon as the members of Metallica hear about this they'll sue the monk for one copyright infringement or another....  Metallica is a bunch of wankers......

#6 2008-08-28 22:08:21

Dmtdust wrote:

HAT...

The rule is:  you have to link to the previous posting when you declare a hat.  The only exception is if it is something really old like Hamster Dance or Tron Guy.

#7 2008-08-28 22:37:01

Dirckman wrote:

Just wait, as soon as the members of Metallica hear about this they'll sue the monk for one copyright infringement or another....  Metallica is a bunch of wankers......

Yeah.  It's a shame, their old music was really fantastic, and I really liked S&M.  Load was really the beginning of the end for the poor, rich bastards.

#8 2008-08-28 22:52:41

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

Yeah.  It's a shame, their old music was really fantastic, and I really liked S&M.  Load was really the beginning of the end for the poor, rich bastards.

Metallica has a new album out My Apocalypse (a single) which sounds a lot like their older stuff does...  Kind of has a bit of a Slayer South of Heaven sound to it too....  It's certainly a vast improvement over the shit they've been peddling the last few years, but they're still wankers.....

#9 2008-08-28 23:00:18

fnord wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

HAT...

The rule is:  you have to link to the previous posting when you declare a hat.  The only exception is if it is something really old like Hamster Dance or Tron Guy.

Maybe someone should have just yelled "HAT-field." I think we can get by w/o a link (especially if the search doesn't turn up the right results) as long as there are other people to second the fact that it's been seen before. Which I have. At least once.

#10 2008-08-28 23:04:16

I actually pride myself on my ability to get hatted with the majority of my posts....  Considering the size and scope of the internet that must make me pretty special!!!

#11 2008-08-28 23:08:31

Dirckman wrote:

Metallica has a new album out My Apocalypse (a single) which sounds a lot like their older stuff does...  Kind of has a bit of a Slayer South of Heaven sound to it too....  It's certainly a vast improvement over the shit they've been peddling the last few years, but they're still wankers.....

The one single I've heard off of it I do not like.

...but at least this time they remembered to latch the fucking snare down onto the fucking snare drum.  God, but St. Anger had shit production.

Interesting that you should bring up Slayer, since I think their most recent album (Christ Illusion) is one of their stronger ones, though it's no Seasons in the Abyss (but what is?).

#12 2008-08-28 23:23:48

fnord wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

HAT...

YEah?  THis got covered last week.

Board footer

cruelery.com