#1 2008-10-22 15:37:50

Okay Ptah, Phwedd, Benz et al....

Want to restore the Republican Party?  Then vote for Obama.  This will send a signal to the Party about their wing-nut choices, and help clear out the religious constituency... Vote Obama, and write and tell the party why.  Take control of your party guys, come on.  You know this is the correct path.

#2 2008-10-22 15:46:41

sage goes in all fields

#3 2008-10-22 16:07:26

Thanks a lot, RNC. You Just Couldn't Leave Her Alone, Could You?
POSTED October 22, 2008 | 11:41 AM

Every time I think the campaign professionals at the Republican National Committee can't possibly do anything else to sink the party, they do something else that simply defies logical explanation. Like taking a candidate who epitomizes Middle American values and spending $150,000 to dress her up in Saks Fifth Avenue finery.

Apparently, they just couldn't stand the thought of a GOP candidate for vice president actually wearing the same clothes on the campaign trail that she wears in real life. No, they had to go make her look like ... one of them.

Did nobody over there think it through and realize doing this would hand Obama and the Democrats the last perfect piece of evidence of how out of touch Republicans are with the real world?

Didn't any of them stop and think - what happens when this hits Politico? As they had to know it would?

And then they wonder why the American people - most of whom for a dozen years looked to the GOP to fix America, as the party had been promising to do for decades - have mostly decided Republicans are no longer to be believed.

Short of a top-to-bottom transformation in leadership, ethics, intelligence and principles, it's difficult to see a future for this bunch.

#4 2008-10-22 17:06:21

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Thanks a lot, RNC. You Just Couldn't Leave Her Alone, Could You?
POSTED October 22, 2008 | 11:41 AM

Every time I think the campaign professionals at the Republican National Committee can't possibly do anything else to sink the party, they do something else that simply defies logical explanation. Like taking a candidate who epitomizes Middle American values and spending $150,000 to dress her up in Saks Fifth Avenue finery.

Apparently, they just couldn't stand the thought of a GOP candidate for vice president actually wearing the same clothes on the campaign trail that she wears in real life. No, they had to go make her look like ... one of them.

Did nobody over there think it through and realize doing this would hand Obama and the Democrats the last perfect piece of evidence of how out of touch Republicans are with the real world?

Didn't any of them stop and think - what happens when this hits Politico? As they had to know it would?

And then they wonder why the American people - most of whom for a dozen years looked to the GOP to fix America, as the party had been promising to do for decades - have mostly decided Republicans are no longer to be believed.

Short of a top-to-bottom transformation in leadership, ethics, intelligence and principles, it's difficult to see a future for this bunch.

So does she get to keep the clothes even if they lose or do they have to be returned to RNC general casting?

#5 2008-10-22 19:51:24

badperson wrote:

So does she get to keep the clothes even if they lose or do they have to be returned to RNC general casting?

Nope...after the fuss they have decided that they will donate these to an appropriate charity. 

Personally I'm not sure what the appropriate charity is for $5,000 womens business suits actually is.

#6 2008-10-22 19:54:06

Emmeran wrote:

Personally I'm not sure what the appropriate charity is for $5,000 womens business suits actually is.

For just $100 a day, you too can help a debutante in need. Give to the Junior League; give today.

#7 2008-10-22 20:11:19

Emmeran wrote:

Well, that is a poser.  Cindy McCain wouldn't be caught dead in those rags.  Perhaps Phyllis Schlafly or Katherine Harris would like them.

#8 2008-10-23 00:05:42

George Orr wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Well, that is a poser.  Cindy McCain wouldn't be caught dead in those rags.  Perhaps Phyllis Schlafly or Katherine Harris would like them.

Palin should share the unearned wealth. Michelle Bachman of Minnesota could use a makeover just about now.

But then again I suppose that mink don't trickle down.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-10-23 00:12:43)

#9 2008-10-23 00:17:45

John McCain slathers on makeup like a trollop!

Last edited by fnord (2008-10-23 00:18:09)

#10 2008-10-23 00:20:51

Fuck, Taint, (as in, "Fuck, ____" as a conversational opener instead of a verb connected to the person I'm addressing) I did Junior League for about a month once. It was a nightmare-all that passive aggressive estrogen, pent up sexual frustration of the stay at home moms in their pearl earrings and cable knit sweaters, doing fundraisers to help black women moisturize...it was grim.

Check your messages-sent you one.

Last edited by icangetyouatoe (2008-10-23 00:21:57)

#12 2008-10-23 12:06:16

Dmtdust wrote:

Want to restore the Republican Party?  Then vote for Obama.  This will send a signal to the Party about their wing-nut choices, and help clear out the religious constituency... Vote Obama, and write and tell the party why.  Take control of your party guys, come on.  You know this is the correct path.

You may have a point here Dusty.  As you know, McCain wasn't the first choice of most conservatives, including me.  I think the left wing media did a good job of selling him in the primaries, knowing the conservatives wouldn't come out too strong in the national election.

To his credit McCain is not a fundy Xtian.  Many of us believe that after the Messiah conspires with the all-liberal congress to totally fuck up our economy and social fabric, they will be swept away.  Unfortunately, they will be replaced by hardcore bible thumping commie chasers.  My best advice for all of us is to keep your guns hidden and don't espouse any radical idealogy, left or right, that can be traced back to you.

#13 2008-10-23 13:08:18

I thought the left wing media (under the hypnotic spell of Barbara Streisand and other elites) pronounced McCain dead just before he fired his campaign (i.e, not the time when Bill Kristol suggested he fire them again).  You know, back before he won the primary in New Hampshire.  Don't tell me he's a zombie! 

If the "messiah" and his undead minions do fuck the economy, the will be getting sloppy seconds thanks to the conservatives who've brought us rot-and-ruin (unless, of course, you like having the national debt double in the course of the last 7 years).  Truly, everything is going swimmingly, just waiting for the dems to wreck it all.

#14 2008-10-23 13:50:44

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

You may have a point here Dusty.  As you know, McCain wasn't the first choice of most conservatives, including me.  I think the left wing media did a good job of selling him in the primaries, knowing the conservatives wouldn't come out too strong in the national election.

To his credit McCain is not a fundy Xtian.  Many of us believe that after the Messiah conspires with the all-liberal congress to totally fuck up our economy and social fabric, they will be swept away.  Unfortunately, they will be replaced by hardcore bible thumping commie chasers.  My best advice for all of us is to keep your guns hidden and don't espouse any radical idealogy, left or right, that can be traced back to you.

Hahahahaha  So it's the Left Wing Media's fault that McCain is the Republican nominee.  Oh, Phreddy, you really are precious.

#15 2008-10-23 13:52:03

Blah-blah-blah.

Everyone is so obsessed with Left vs Right, Liberal vs Conservative, Bible Thumper vs Rump Ranger that they fail to acknowledge the slow steady slide into corporate facism.

#16 2008-10-23 14:35:42

It was slow and steady until a few weeks ago, but times have changed.  Next stop, Ethiopia.

#17 2008-10-23 16:32:41

Emmeran wrote:

the slow steady slide into corporate facism.

Courtesy of Adbusters:

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/430_flag.gif

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#18 2008-10-23 16:54:32

More wit and wisdom from McCain supporters....

Last edited by headkicker_girl (2008-10-23 16:56:01)

#19 2008-10-23 17:11:15

At least they're up front about their beliefs, unlike your "nonviolent Obama supporters" who held down a 20 year old McCain supporter and carved on her face, or those brave Obamanaics who shot up this guy's house for having McCain signs in his yard.  These are apparently witty expressions of free speech.

#20 2008-10-23 17:13:50

Pretty sad stuff if real.

#21 2008-10-23 17:22:48

phreddy wrote:

At least they're up front about their beliefs, unlike your "nonviolent Obama supporters" who held down a 20 year old McCain supporter and carved on her face, or those brave Obamanaics who shot up this guy's house for having McCain signs in his yard.  These are apparently witty expressions of free speech.

I'm sorry, but I didn't see it on the news so I doubt this ever happened.

These sheeple are just trying to gain sympathy for McCain.

#22 2008-10-23 17:37:37

Funny, I went to Google and searched "McCain+Carve+letter+b" and got lots of results, none of which were news agencies (aside from the local article in the one paper linked). Then I clicked on the "news" tab and got "results, 1 of 1".

I wonder what would happen if the victim had been a black woman with an Obama sticker on her car and the perp was a white man? Does anyone here dispute this wouldn't be all over national news?

Really, even I am not surprised at this one, nor faulting of the media as much as I'd like. I received a day of in-school suspension, in the 10th grade, for stating that "it is possible that an African American could be racist against a white person" during a discussion about "To Kill a Mockingbird". I was told that "because black people have been so cruelly discriminated against in American history, they can't possibly ever be considered racist for having negative views against ALL white people" (and she really stressed ALL). Then I was sent to the dean, told my story and received one day of in school suspension and was warned that racist comments like mine wouldn't be tolerated.

Damn the fact that nearly every friend I had was black and I drove 2-3 black kids home from school every day (they bussed to my school, so this was a 40 minute drive).

#23 2008-10-23 17:47:20

ptah13 wrote:

Funny, I went to Google and searched "McCain+Carve+letter+b" and got lots of results, none of which were news agencies (aside from the local article in the one paper linked). Then I clicked on the "news" tab and got "results, 1 of 1".

I wonder what would happen if the victim had been a black woman with an Obama sticker on her car and the perp was a white man? Does anyone here dispute this wouldn't be all over national news?

I do.  Now if it happened at an Obama rally or something that might be news, otherwise we've just got some isolated whacko beating on someone.

#24 2008-10-23 17:53:43

See more Ron Howard videos at Funny or Die

#25 2008-10-23 17:56:14

ptah13 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Drudge just posted her picture.  I think it happened.

http://www.drudgereport.com/cut.jpg

#26 2008-10-23 17:58:55

did she carve that in the mirror?

#27 2008-10-23 18:11:38

Dmtdust wrote:

She could have been on the ground and he was above her head....

#28 2008-10-23 18:12:11

ptah13 wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

She could have been on the ground and he was above her head....

Did he carve it on the inside of her cheek?

#29 2008-10-23 18:15:00

He carved all the way through her head.  This is BS... Tawnya Brawley anyone?

#30 2008-10-23 18:17:48

Dmtdust wrote:

See more Ron Howard videos at Funny or Die

Fuck... I really felt there was a chance but, damn, Opie Cunningham...

I've seen every episode of Andy Griffith (with Don Knotts).

Had to break out Opie Cunningham!!!

#31 2008-10-23 18:20:19

Dmtdust wrote:

Whether she did or not, you know the Obama machine will be looking into her life from every angle.  Look what happened to poor Joe the Plumber.

#32 2008-10-23 18:25:01

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Whether she did or not, you know the Obama machine will be looking into her life from every angle.  Look what happened to poor Joe the Plumber.

The Obama campaign didn't do shit to not-Joe the not-Plumber.  He was just some guy in an interview until McCain decided to make him the centerpiece of his campaign.

#33 2008-10-23 18:28:14

Dmtdust wrote:

I'm going with self-inflicted.  The fact that it's backwards seems to be a dead giveaway.

#34 2008-10-23 18:31:06

tojo2000 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

The Obama campaign didn't do shit to not-Joe the not-Plumber.  He was just some guy in an interview until McCain decided to make him the centerpiece of his campaign.

Are you kidding?  The guy has been hammered and slandered in every way possible.  All because he had the audacity to ask the "Messiah" a tough question when the "Messiah" approached him on his own street.

#35 2008-10-23 18:32:14

headkicker_girl wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

I'm going with self-inflicted.  The fact that it's backwards seems to be a dead giveaway.

Possible, but upside down is plausible too.  You would think the ATM camera may reveal something.

#36 2008-10-23 18:32:51

phreddy wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Drudge just posted her picture.  I think it happened.

http://www.drudgereport.com/cut.jpg

Reminds me of when Morton Downey Jr. forgot which way the swastika was supposed to go when he claimed he was attacked by neo-nazis.

#37 2008-10-23 18:35:06

phreddy wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Possible, but upside down is plausible too.  You would think the ATM camera may reveal something.

This article has more detail.

Apparently, it happened outside of camera view, she was also kicked and punched, and the black man was a DARK black man.

#38 2008-10-23 18:40:58

phreddy wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Are you kidding?  The guy has been hammered and slandered in every way possible.  All because he had the audacity to ask the "Messiah" a tough question when the "Messiah" approached him on his own street.

Examples of slander?

#39 2008-10-23 18:41:46

It could be upside down.  It looks more like a scratch though, if I had a knife and was carving on ya, it would certainly be deeper.  The ATM camera.... and nothing?

#40 2008-10-23 18:48:24

phreddy wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

No, I'm not kidding.  McCain decided to make him the centerpiece of his campaign and so the media hounded him and dug up as much information as they could find.  That a lot of it wasn't particularly flattering doesn't make it slander.  Do you actually have something specific you're thinking of, or is this just another one of your kneejerk opinions that you read somewhere?

#41 2008-10-23 18:49:38

badperson wrote:

phreddy wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

Examples of slander?

Examples of slander?

1. That he's not a plumber.  Oh, wait, that's the truth.
2.  That he owes back taxes.  Oh, wait, that the truth.
3.  That his name's not really Joe.  Oh, wait, that's the truth.
4. That he's in no position to buy a business of any type.  Oh, wait, that's the truth.
5.  That he's a McCain supporter.  Oh, wait, that's the truth.
6.  Obama didn't approach him, he in fact approached Obama.  Oh, wait, that's the truth.

Here's the video.

The bottom line, if you want to be an attention whore , be prepared for the consequences.

#42 2008-10-23 18:51:28

By Saturday there will be stories about how this woman once slept with her best friends boyfriend, how her mom is an alcoholic and how she has shoddy performance at work. Folks will come out in droves claiming to know her and know she is a compulsive liar.

Perhaps even a few hints at her being a crack-abuser.

Either that or no mention of any of this anywhere outside of the nets...

#43 2008-10-23 18:54:48

tojo2000 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

No, I'm not kidding.  McCain decided to make him the centerpiece of his campaign and so the media hounded him and dug up as much information as they could find.  That a lot of it wasn't particularly flattering doesn't make it slander.  Do you actually have something specific you're thinking of, or is this just another one of your kneejerk opinions that you read somewhere?

Had Joe been anti-McCain and Obama referenced him repeatedly in a debate, we'd have heard nothing bad about the guy, guaranteed.

As far as the media is concerned, the fix is in.

Remember, todays headlines "OBAMA UP BY 12 POINTS"!

...unless you check with the AP, who has him up by 1 but, shhhh, don't tell anyone... The AP must be another FAUX NUZE, huh?

#44 2008-10-23 19:04:16

ptah13 wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Had Joe been anti-McCain and Obama referenced him repeatedly in a debate, we'd have heard nothing bad about the guy, guaranteed.

Suuuuure.

ptah13 wrote:

...unless you check with the AP, who has him up by 1 but, shhhh, don't tell anyone... The AP must be another FAUX NUZE, huh?

No, you just don't know how to read.  The polls in which Obama is up by double digits are state polls in Ohio and Pennsylvania, not countrywide votes.

#45 2008-10-23 19:10:05

ptah13 wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

So you are conceding that Joe was not slandered, but just got called on his bullshit. And by the way FOX has Obama up by seven today.

#46 2008-10-23 19:16:45

Tojam wrote:

Do you actually have something specific you're thinking of, or is this just another one of your kneejerk opinions that you read somewhere?

For starters I heard Katie Couric report that Joe isn't really a plumber after all.  He apparently doesn't hold a plumber's contractor's license.  Well, here's some news for you Katie, most plumbers are not contractors, but they're still plumbers.  They also accused him of owing back taxes and of not being registered to vote.  All of this and more simply because the "Messiah" floated up and asked him a question.  Here is one of many stories.

#47 2008-10-23 19:24:03

phreddy wrote:

Tojam wrote:

Do you actually have something specific you're thinking of, or is this just another one of your kneejerk opinions that you read somewhere?

For starters I heard Katie Couric report that Joe isn't really a plumber after all.  He apparently doesn't hold a plumber's contractor's license.  Well, here's some news for you Katie, most plumbers are not contractors, but they're still plumbers.  They also accused him of owing back taxes and of not being registered to vote.  All of this and more simply because the "Messiah" floated up and asked him a question.  Here is one of many stories.

Ok, you lost me.  Everything I stated above is the truth.  This article explains why he's not a plumber and that he has tax liens.

These are not "accusations"'; they are facts.

Like I said, you strike me as reasonably intelligent, but why are you defending this guy?  He had an agenda, and Obama politely answered his question.  He was not who he claimed to be.  That should be the end of it.

#48 2008-10-23 19:56:12

tojo2000 wrote:

No, you just don't know how to read.  The polls in which Obama is up by double digits are state polls in Ohio and Pennsylvania, not countrywide votes.

Excuse me?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_usa_polit … XHAygDW7oF

Here is the first lines of the story, in Yahoo news "headlines" all day, titled "Obama lead on McCain grows to 12 points".

Here is the first few lines, show me where it says "ohio" or "pennsylvania":

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democrat Barack Obama's lead over Republican rival John McCain has grown to 12 points in the U.S. presidential race, with crucial independent and women voters increasingly moving to his side, according to a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll released on Thursday.

With less than two weeks before the November 4 election, Obama leads McCain 52 percent to 40 percent among likely voters in the latest three-day tracking poll, which had a margin of error of 2.9 points.

Obama has made steady gains over the last four days and has tripled his lead on McCain in the past week of polling.

Hmm, seems it is  you, tool, who cannot read.

(yeah, you just got owned by Ptah, everyone saw it, too! hehehe, almost as bad as getting banned from here... hehehehe)

#49 2008-10-23 19:57:28

badperson wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

So you are conceding that Joe was not slandered, but just got called on his bullshit. And by the way FOX has Obama up by seven today.

No, I'm saying if you say something bad about Obama, the media will crucify you.

Perhaps you can't read, either. It's going around. Tojo has the same problem.

#50 2008-10-23 20:00:34

phreddy wrote:

Tojam wrote:

On top of the fact that you obviously don't understand what slander is, I don't see how your mind keeps twisting this into having something to do with Obama.  Nobody even knew who this douchebag was, except for people who happened to have watched that interview until McCain decided to start hanging his potential presidency on the purity of his precious bodily fluids.

Yeah, it's kind of fucked up the way the news hounded him, but that has nothing to do with Obama, and my sympathy is diminished somewhat by the fact that he had no problem spouting off on his opinions on every issue out there, regardless of his expertise.  Methinks the plumber doth protest too much, basically.

Board footer

cruelery.com