#1 2008-10-27 20:53:49

He's a nigger.

#2 2008-10-27 22:30:17

Wonderful people the Republicans.

#3 2008-10-27 23:17:13

Hard to b'lieve they're the ones that freed the niggers in the first place...

#4 2008-10-28 00:11:28

I’m concerned about her smearing a social safety net as somehow being evil and un-American.  Life doesn’t always work out the way you want it to, and in a civilized society, help is available when things go wrong.  People don’t plan on having severely handicapped children, women usually don’t have a lot of money socked away in case their husband walks out and leaves them with children to raise alone.  Life isn’t fair, but help should be available when life throws a curve.

#5 2008-10-28 02:38:00

She has made even more pointed staements then this in the last few days. Saying essentially that americans are generous and look after their own and can do a better job then the government.

She is  positioning herself with the benefactors of Bush's faith based privatisation initiatives (read christian). A political block who only oppose big government spending when they are not recieveing the taxpayer's dollars for social services.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-10-28 02:38:37)

#6 2008-10-28 09:19:40

fnord wrote:

Life isn’t fair, but help should be available when life throws a curve.

You know, if the combined tax rate wasn't approaching 70% of gross income (Federal + Social Security + State + Local + Sales + Property Taxes), we might have some money left over at the end of the month to help our fellow man. Back before the New Deal, there were Mutual Aid Societies that served that functions and people gave money to churches and orphanages. But who has the spare cash any more?

#7 2008-10-28 09:35:33

I’m not going to argue about tax rates, because the threads that deal with that go on and on, and frankly, my eyes glaze over and I lose interest.  I will suggest however that spending priorities in this country are messed up.  Look at Europe; tax rates are high, but the average person sees far more benefit from their taxes.  Mass transit there is outstanding, health care is free, homelessness is rare, and the public education system is much better than ours.

#8 2008-10-28 09:41:04

Europe

Why "Europe" can do what it does is a matter of scale [small states, relative{ly} small populations].

Last edited by MSG Tripps (2008-10-28 09:42:25)

#9 2008-10-28 09:53:38

fnord wrote:

I’m concerned about her smearing a social safety net as somehow being evil and un-American.  Life doesn’t always work out the way you want it to, and in a civilized society, help is available when things go wrong.  People don’t plan on having severely handicapped children, women usually don’t have a lot of money socked away in case their husband walks out and leaves them with children to raise alone.  Life isn’t fair, but help should be available when life throws a curve.

But...oh GEWKAFnord...won't much of that commie redistribution go to niggers, so they can drink malt liquor and breed? And doesn't communism leads to pan-negro-ism, which can only end in ubiquitous mulatto-ism? Please respond...my faith in the segregationist nature of the free market hangs by a slender noose.

#10 2008-10-28 09:59:16

fnord wrote:

I’m not going to argue about tax rates, because the threads that deal with that go on and on, and frankly, my eyes glaze over and I lose interest.  I will suggest however that spending priorities in this country are messed up.  Look at Europe; tax rates are high, but the average person sees far more benefit from their taxes.  Mass transit there is outstanding, health care is free, homelessness is rare, and the public education system is much better than ours.

That's because they don't have a huge defense budget. Guess who's been picking up the tab to keep the russkies out for 50 years.

Board footer

cruelery.com