#1 2008-11-01 04:17:37

What if one of the candidates had an illegal alien fugitive relative who was living on welfare, commiting election fraud while sending illegal campaign donations? And being protected from deportation and prosecution by high level government officials. If only the  mainstream media will give this outrage the coverage it desrves.

#2 2008-11-01 06:50:12

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article … 00,00.html

His half-aunt on his estranged father's side. He also has a half brother who lives in a shack in Kenya, which is also a story the GOP made sure got national coverage.  That story got a yawn response from the public, and this one probably will to, especially since whatever shock value results from this story has been mitigated by the "Obama lets his brother live in a shack in a Kenya" that was previously run.

Given the history of embarsassing relatives of presidential candidates, I find it difficult to see how this becomes a game changer.

Last edited by badperson (2008-11-01 10:34:12)

#3 2008-11-01 09:32:14

badperson wrote:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1855700,00.html

Given the history of embarsassing relatives of presidential candidates, I find it difficult to see how this becomes a game changer.

Shut up and pass me another Billy Beer.

#4 2008-11-01 09:54:40

Here's the thing: if you're going to make a point about Obama, don't link to a person whose profession it is to say or do anything she can to destroy Obama. People who already don't like Obama will believe anything bad they hear about him, while people who do like him shut down as soon as they see the author's name. There is no point.

#5 2008-11-01 10:58:30

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

What if one of the candidates had an illegal alien fugitive relative who was living on welfare, commiting election fraud while sending illegal campaign donations? And being protected from deportation and prosecution by high level government officials. If only the  mainstream media will give this outrage the coverage it desrves.

Ooohh, Ooohh, I know the answer to that one, John McCain will grant her amnesty and citizenship then his buddies will sell her an overpriced house with a bad mortgage which McCain will buy back with our tax money and give her a new mortgage.

And of course Joe the Plumber will do all of her landscaping for freee while singing her to sleep.

Did I get it right???  Cuz if not McCain has flip-flopped his positions again.

#6 2008-11-01 11:12:36

Nonsense ahpoo,

Since the media is so in the tank for Obama bin Lyin hers is one of the few places you can actually get the stories the msm will not tell.

#7 2008-11-01 11:15:23

This is a non-starter for McCain, the last thing he wants to bring up is illegal immigrants. His base hates him for his attempts at amnesty.

This one plays for Obama, creates a connection to the Latino community and brings in that vote.

#8 2008-11-01 11:39:09

It's gonna be another one where no one cares.  Everyone has some distant relatives that are embarrassing.  Hell, my grandpa was married 4 times because he kept outliving his wives.  With 19 kids, some of the progeny are bound to be bad apples.

#9 2008-11-01 11:50:00

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Nonsense ahpoo,

Since the media is so in the tank for Obama bin Lyin hers is one of the few places you can actually get the stories the msm will not tell.

When I see the abbreviation "msm," all kinds of red flags go up. People who complain that one candidate gets more negative stories than another make the incorrect assumption that both candidates have equivalent negative and positive aspects. For the media to equalize their positive and negative stories about two candidates who are not equally competent, qualified, etc., would also be dishonest. Your problem is not that the media has a liberal bias, it's that the facts have a liberal bias.

By the way, do these stories ignored by the msm include McCain meeting his wife in a bar while married to his ex? How about the nature of his relationship to Charles Keating? Or that he called his wife a cunt? Oooh-or Cindy's drug habit? Sarah Palin's secessionist husband? Her inability to string together a cogent thought?

Sometimes the msm ignores stories because they're bullshit distractions planted by partisans to inflame and confuse slower voters.

#10 2008-11-01 14:33:45

ah297900 wrote:

he called his wife a cunt?

Aw come on.  Who here hasn't called his wife a cunt?

#11 2008-11-01 14:53:13

opsec wrote:

ah297900 wrote:

Being an enlightened man of the times, I have never called my wife a cunt.

#12 2008-11-01 14:56:30

Taint wrote:

opsec wrote:

ah297900 wrote:

I think the point is that there's nobody here that hasn't called Cindy McCain a cunt.

#13 2008-11-01 14:59:52

Taint wrote:

I was referring to his wife, which may be a bit misleading as I'm referring to his current wife.

I'd never call your wife a cunt, Taint.  It wouldn't be anatomically correct.

Last edited by opsec (2008-11-01 15:03:00)

#14 2008-11-01 16:50:28

opsec wrote:

ah297900 wrote:

'Cunt' is a guaranteed night on your brother's couch and his wife won't like it a bit. 'Bitch' and 'asshole' are acceptable but you have to smile sweetly before and after. No, scratch the asshole.

#15 2008-11-01 20:06:22

opsec wrote:

ah297900 wrote:

I called his wife a cunt.

#16 2008-11-01 20:13:48

Baywolfe wrote:

Shut up and pass me another Billy Beer.

Nice one.

#17 2008-11-01 20:18:46

opsec wrote:

ah297900 wrote:

It'll make headlines when he calls Gov. Palin a cunt.  Any day now.

#18 2008-11-01 22:11:53

If I didn't vehemently hate "Bahston, Mass." I would go try to find the Auntie and ask her, "why did you say you'll talk to anybody after Nov 4?!"

#19 2008-11-02 14:23:02

The Republicans real wet dream is a return to the 1984 Reagan vs. Mondale election....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/ElectoralCollege1984-Large.png

#20 2008-11-02 16:10:46

Dirckman wrote:

The Republicans real wet dream is a return to the 1984 Reagan vs. Mondale election....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/ElectoralCollege1984-Large.png

Too bad that will be reversed this year - if only Reagan were still around instead of this shill McCain and his redneck mistress

Board footer

cruelery.com