kim

"Sen. Kerry questioner was taken down after pleading, ‘Don't Tase me bro!’"

and really, no-one cares

#2 2007-10-24 13:41:32

kim wrote:

and really, no-one cares

Certainly not me...

#3 2007-10-24 14:01:53

He may have been a deliberate dickwad (as the rest of his 'performance art' will attest), but I think it sets a poor precedent for the use of force against students, many of whom are non-douchey and might think twice about a typically adolescent question as a result of this.

#4 2007-10-24 14:03:27

pALEPHx wrote:

He may have been a deliberate dickwad (as the rest of his 'performance art' will attest), but I think it sets a poor precedent for the use of force against students, many of whom are non-douchey and might think twice about a typically adolescent question as a result of this.

You're as much a stupid fuck for thinking a "typical adolescent question" is anything remotely what this guy was intending.

#5 2007-10-24 23:30:19

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8171/phaserht2.jpg

#6 2007-10-25 01:12:26

scsotdc wrote:

You're as much a stupid fuck for thinking a "typical adolescent question" is anything remotely what this guy was intending.

That's why I tried to clarify that I already knew he was being a shmuck. Personal answer: Tase the dork. Professional answer: Bad idea; breeds silence. I was mildly concerned for the non-shmucky college kids...as much as university students are capable of asking unpretentious, direct, or non-sensational questions of a guest lecturer, when given the opportunity.

http://home.claranet.de/uwe.peterson/private/moviefaces/actress/z/rz_jerrymaguire01.jpg
He lost me at "bro."

#7 2007-10-25 03:19:17

You mean the kids that were clapping when they tackled him?

#8 2007-10-25 11:39:00

kim

for one, that guy was wearing your typical frat guy abercrombie shirt and cargo shorts - all that was missing was the red plastic beer cup and it just didn't seem fitting for that douche to be talking about the conspiracy theory shit that he was mentioning.

"don't tase me bro!"

"and heres one for your old man!"

#9 2007-10-25 14:09:04

tojo2000 wrote:

You mean the kids that were clapping when they tackled him?

Ack. No....tho we'd be hard pressed to qualify ourselves otherwise, presently, wouldn't we?

That Mr. Meyer is a douche is rather indisputable. He is also described as a "journalism major who posts practical jokes on his website." While that may not bode well for the future of journalism (tho it will certainly get him a job at the NY Post or TMZ), I'm trying to ignore the douche, himself, and give a shit about what tasering students--for any reason--might also lead to. I'll stop now.

We can return to our regularly scheduled programme of tasering people doused in gasoline and holding infants, m'kaaay?

#10 2007-10-31 14:44:25

Update: sounds like the ECT helped; now he loves Big Brother.

I am a far more reasoned individual than I was a short while ago, and the reasoned response of the university has helped me a great deal.

#11 2007-10-31 21:11:58

square wrote:

Update: sounds like the ECT helped; now he loves Big Brother.

I am a far more reasoned individual than I was a short while ago, and the reasoned response of the university has helped me a great deal.

Winston was killed after he learned to love Big Brother.

#12 2007-10-31 21:34:27

fnord wrote:

Winston was killed after he learned to love Big Brother.

"You are the dead."

#13 2007-11-01 02:29:35

Decadence wrote:

"You are the dead."

Indeed.

#14 2007-11-01 08:19:41

It's a shame that he was unable to get permission from Orwell's widow to go ahead with his plans for a rock opera based on the book.  The three songs that he did based on it were most excellent indeed.  Actually, other than "Candidate/Sweet Thing" which gets a bit drawn out at points, there's not a dull moment on that entire album.

Board footer

cruelery.com