#1 2007-10-26 00:37:39

Yep... and extremely well adjusted!

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/1404.html

#2 2007-10-26 01:11:48

It's a shame that almost all studies on cannabis in this country are politically biased, be it pro or con.  The Margaret Meadism in this article leaves me gasping for facts.

I personally support the legalization of marijuana (and not just for "medical" reasons), but fluff pieces like this do a disservice to science.

#3 2007-10-26 01:21:05

Amen.

Kids like it when their parents are happy.

Kids like it when there are delicious yummies to eat.

Kids like it when their parents aren't fake like their friends' parents.

Kids like the artistic people their stoner parents hang out with.

Kids like it when their parents are patient and calm.

Kids LOVE it when their parents act silly and want to play with them.

Kids like the groovy things stoned parents buy for them out of educational catalogues.

Kids laugh their asses off when their mother types out their DARE essay for them out of guilt.

Marijuana makes all this and more possible.

#4 2007-10-26 01:26:09

sofaking wrote:

*dies laughing*

#5 2007-10-26 02:02:42

I wish my mom had smoked pot when I was growing up, then I might not have taken up smoking cigs to hide the ganj smell.

#6 2007-10-26 03:11:16

sofaking wrote:

Delightful and surprising fires from candles, bong embers, and cigarettes left lit during "Mommy's Nap Time."

Completely unfiltered second-hand smoke into lungs the consistency of cheesecloth. I'm told the average joint has the same tar as a whole pack of cigs.

'Proximity highs' for undeveloped neural and adipose tissues; possible impairment of future cognitive abilities.

Casual budgeting for household goods. "Hmm. S'mores or diapers? Aww, hell. We'll just put him in the sink."

Mitigated ability to instill ambition, healthy competition, or general respect for physical well-being. Poor role model.

Demonstration of flagrant disrespect for authority and society, as represented by the current laws regarding controlled substances.

Child sent home by teacher for (A) Reeking of patchouli; (B) Submitting a book report on Go Ask Alice, in third grade; or (C) Being the only green, oddly-shaped snowflake in the Xmas pageant.

This is not to be a total buzzkill. I actually admired and agreed with all of your initial list, but while I have no particular fear for your chillunz, I thought it momentarily useful to flip that coin fer jussa mo'. Some [other] people just can't handle they shit.

#7 2007-10-26 03:26:45

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7343/1babystranglemq8.gif

If only that neurological thing were true. It would have killed enough of my oldest's brain cells to keep him from being a genius master debater. Maybe huffing freon would do the trick better. I'll have to look into that.

My younger boy says, "Thanks, Major Buzzkill!"

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/285/boringdn4.jpg

#8 2007-10-26 04:30:41

sofaking wrote:

If only that neurological thing were true. It would have killed enough of my oldest's brain cells to keep him from being a genius master debater.

My younger boy says, "Thanks, Major Buzzkill!"

Tell him, "Yer welcome." You've inadvertently stumbled across a representation of one of my favorite sight-gag types: bad instructional art.

http://www.xmere.com/forums/uploads/highstreet/stroller_instrux.jpg

While I took pains to direct any sort of blame away from you, the smoke alone is enough to do potential harm. It doesn't really matter what's in it. And tho I will be happy to stipulate that there hasn't been (and can never be, but wouldn't that be amusing) a formal experiment demonstrating a relationship between parental marijuana use in a child's immediate environment and cognitive deficits in later life that couldn't be better attributed to other factors, you at least have to concede that a lot people aren't cut out for raising kids whilst on drugs of any kind. We would probably agree they can barely manage it, entirely sober. Let's not suggest otherwise to them without a little backhand.

#9 2007-10-26 19:34:52

pALEPHx wrote:

While I took pains to direct any sort of blame away from you, the smoke alone is enough to do potential harm. It doesn't really matter what's in it. And tho I will be happy to stipulate that there hasn't been (and can never be, but wouldn't that be amusing) a formal experiment demonstrating a relationship between parental marijuana use in a child's immediate environment and cognitive deficits in later life that couldn't be better attributed to other factors, you at least have to concede that a lot people aren't cut out for raising kids whilst on drugs of any kind. We would probably agree they can barely manage it, entirely sober. Let's not suggest otherwise to them without a little backhand.

Thank you for sharing.

#10 2007-10-26 20:39:24

sic

Pale Sez...

"I'm told the average joint has the same tar as a whole pack of cigs"

A) Who are you atalkin' to?  Dr. Jack Daniels?  or Prof. Phill Morris?

Secondly) you don't have kids, huh?  In the daily madness that is child rearing, 15/20 minutes is golden...Will I spend it drinking and eventually embracing my inner anger?  Or take five minutes, in private (not blowing smoke in Junior's face) and mellowing out a bit...

III)  Talk to any HONEST (off-the-clock) police officer...They will state that they would rather deal with a stoner ANY DAY OF THE WEEK than someone who has been drinking.

4th)  No, if you can not afford it....DO NOT HAVE KIDS...I can not stress this enough...IT IS A CHOICE...pull out, jack off, be gay...(well, if you were gay, you would have expendable income and probably be able to afford kids, but that is a different subject)

e)  Plenty of bad parents out there who are rich, well connected, sober and pillars of the community...Heck BTK was one of them...HE didn's smoke pot...Maybe he should have...

Pale...I really dig your work, and really, those High-street Logos are of the notch of top, but I think yer wrong on this one...

http://i21.tinypic.com/2hd3akh.jpg

Dig...

Last edited by sic (2007-10-26 20:55:26)

#11 2007-10-26 23:16:32

sofaking wrote:

Amen.
Kids like it when their parents are happy.
Kids LOVE it when their parents act silly and want to play with them.
*Kids laugh their asses off when their mother types out their DARE essay for them out of guilt.

And it doesn't matter if they are laughing with you or at you:

*"...for children undergoing painful procedures...Laughter itself may be less important than the emotional involvement in humor."

#12 2007-10-27 02:10:30

pALEPHx wrote:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Jebus man...do you listen to yourself? Pull out the butt-plug and smoke a joint. We're all exquisitely doomed, but at least some of us will die stoned, and others will die with pleasant memories of our mothers.
Also...show me your cunt.

#13 2007-10-27 03:33:36

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

We're all exquisitely doomed, but at least some of us will die stoned, and others will die with pleasant memories of our mothers.

What about all the unpleasant memories of our mothers?

#14 2007-10-27 04:06:33

opsec wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

We're all exquisitely doomed, but at least some of us will die stoned, and others will die with pleasant memories of our mothers.

What about all the unpleasant memories of our mothers?

For that matter, what about the unpleasant mammaries of our mothers? My own dear sow was the triple-breasted whore of Babylon. Everyone and his pig suckled at her dugs. Her nipples were so distended that her bras were built in scoops; her lactations were so fierce they formed the stuff of distant galaxies. Now pass the blunt, it's time to blow smoke on the kiddies.

#15 2007-10-27 10:16:17

Montecore wrote:

Thank you for sharing.

You're welcome. My next vaginal bloodfart is dedicated to you.

sic wrote:

Pale...I really dig your work, and really, those High-street Logos are of the notch of top, but I think yer wrong on this one...

Prolly, but I was clearly over-extending myself to express an opinion here. I don't mind being wrong, but I don't have much patience for random asswipes who merely show up to disagree. Yourself not included, since you're, at least, honest.

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Jebus man...do you listen to yourself?

Only every other Thursday, when the moon is full. The rest of the time I bore myself with contributing to a website that consistently tells me to shaddap. I keep waiting for someone else to produce links or an arbitrary comment, but y'kno...I end up with so many people who have nothing better to do than pick my shit apart without actually providing anything. What's a gurl to do?

#16 2007-10-27 11:00:37

I dig I dig.

I had a conversation with a neighbor last night.  The woman came to apologize for her 5 year olds mouth.  Her daughter came over yesterday running her little mouth in my house and was shocked I sent her little behind home sobbing.

The mother began stressing " I don't raise my child like that" and my kid this, my kid that. My kid isn't like that...

Please.  I said, Clearly she IS like that, and if you don't like it, be prepared to tapdance for the rest of your life.  Having kids is a crap shoot, and while your raising your baby, you're also managing a very different personality that will need constant tweeking and ironing out.  They're new here and they need direction and guidance and they will make mistakes constantly...and it's the mothers job to make sure those lessons are learned.

As your kid grows up, they will become themselves, and you will need to mold them while simultaneously being yourself.  All that singing while baking muffins and gleefully ironing the family laundry is shit.  In order to maintain your OWN persona and not get overwhelmed and lost in the parental sauce, a vice is needed. 

When you think back to how crazy your mom was, keep in mind that she was crazy for a reason. Mom is mom, but before she was mom, she had a name, a history, a life, a childhood and her own beliefs were branded into her being then put aside when you came along. The trick is to glue the gap closed between child rearing and being a child.

So I say, fuck your minivan and by a mustang. Listen to rock with your kids while coloring. Let them stay up a little later on Friday, grab a pizza and watch a movie other than a Disney Cindarella story.  Let them know who you are without exposing your shitteous traits.  Remind them that all that " you don't understand" crap has been said for years and doesn't apply to your household.

Smoke a joint in the bathroom and let them help you make meatballs so they know how to cook when the leave the nest.  And let them know that mom does understand. And mom rules. (Dad where applicable)

#17 2007-10-27 13:25:27

pALEPHx wrote:

The rest of the time I bore myself with contributing to a website that consistently tells me to shaddap. I keep waiting for someone else to produce links or an arbitrary comment, but y'kno...I end up with so many people who have nothing better to do than pick my shit apart without actually providing anything. What's a gurl to do?

You might begin by looking at your genitalia and referring to yourself accordingly.

Or get yourself fixed up to match what's going on in your head:

http://www.annelawrence.com/srsindex.html

Happy dreams.

#18 2007-10-27 13:32:01

Montecore wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

The rest of the time I bore myself with contributing to a website that consistently tells me to shaddap. I keep waiting for someone else to produce links or an arbitrary comment, but y'kno...I end up with so many people who have nothing better to do than pick my shit apart without actually providing anything. What's a gurl to do?

You might begin by looking at your genitalia and referring to yourself accordingly.

Or get yourself fixed up to match what's going on in your head:

http://www.annelawrence.com/srsindex.html

Happy dreams.

Awww, Monte. Remember "A Day at the Office With Dr. Scotty"?

The best thread evar. It went on for an entire fun-filled month.

I'm gonna buy the archives.

#19 2007-10-27 13:35:39

Sofie:

Don't remember that one, but then I tend to be away for stretches.  If it involved that link, there have been several that revolved around it, all lengthy, all fun.

Buying the archives sounds like a great idea, if Mr. Sofie would pop for 'em.

Board footer

cruelery.com