#1 2007-10-27 20:02:19

The tip line was created to be a confidential method for Justice Department employees to provide the Judiciary Committee with information that might aid the Committee in its ongoing investigation of politicization at the Justice Department. Because of the confidentiality agreement, the Committee will not discuss any emails sent on this tip line. A technological error in a recent communication inadvertently disclosed certain email addresses.

To whom were they disclosed?  Oh, just vice_president@whitehouse.gov - no big deal.

#2 2007-10-27 20:16:12

HAHAH, that was pretty good.  It's wonderful to see the dinosaurs in our Federal Government try to deal with seemingly simple things like the difference between a cc and a bcc.   Our government truly would be repressive if only it wasn't so incompetent.

#3 2007-10-28 18:11:27

"Some of the email addresses appear to be transparently fake, but there's also, much more troubling, a vice_president@whitehouse.gov carbon copied on the email, which is the public email address for Vice President Dick Cheney. In other words, an email containing the email addresses of all the whistleblowers who had written in to the committee tipline was sent to public email address of Vice President Cheney."

Boy, ya gotta love that kind of efficiency, dontcha?

Your tax dollars at work.

#4 2007-10-28 20:09:20

opsec wrote:

It's wonderful to see the dinosaurs in our Federal Government try to deal with seemingly simple things like the difference between a cc and a bcc.

No surprise to me.  In the government agency where I work about once every other month we have an e-mail storm where some idiot hits "Reply All" in response to an announcement, provoking a cascade of "why am I getting these messages?" and "stop hitting Reply All" replies.  One incident generated over a hundred messages spanning three days.

#5 2007-10-28 22:12:19

Don't knock the Federal Gov.  They are working hard to get the Internets to everyone.

Board footer

cruelery.com