#51 2009-01-10 23:11:17

sic wrote:

Can it be phrases?

"Try thinking out-side the box."  This one all-ways leaves me rubbing my temples, and responding:  "You're fucking kidding me, right?"

And, to add:  "Reverse racism."  Wouldn't that be the opposite of racism?

Last edited by Decadence (2009-01-10 23:13:57)

#52 2009-01-11 01:27:52

"Snarky"; so limp-wristed, fag-haggy, and gossipy.

#53 2009-01-11 05:57:28

Emmeran wrote:

ok... I'll play

Asian People   -  what the fuck is suddenly wrong with Oriental or even Chinese

I know it sounds strange, but apparently - despite the different languages, histories, religions, and physical characteristics - Indians, Thais, Koreans, and others don't actually consider themselves Chinese. Those wacky Orientals, I tell you.

#54 2009-01-11 06:51:22

Ah... a gook is still a gook and a chink is still a chink however.

#55 2009-01-11 08:04:03

MSG Tripps wrote:

Ah... a gook is still a gook and a chink is still a chink however.

And they're all Charlie.

#56 2009-01-11 11:09:14

Taint wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

ok... I'll play

I know it sounds strange, but apparently - despite the different languages, histories, religions, and physical characteristics - Indians, Thais, Koreans, and others don't actually consider themselves Chinese. Those wacky Orientals, I tell you.

It especially drives me crazy when I'm talking to Spanish-speaking Mexicans and they will *always* refer to every Asian person as "chino", when I know they get irked when people call them Spanish.

#57 2009-01-11 11:34:08

Ok, now what about words that you want to hear more of in the coming year?

I think "schlong" and "cunny" are about due for a resurgence.

#58 2009-01-11 11:50:06

jesusluvspegging wrote:

You mean like the other thread where we're discussing our favorite words?

Lamest fucking messiah that I've ever encountered!

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#59 2009-01-11 12:06:32

choad wrote:

And they're all Charlie.

You correct sir; I drink to victor charlie.

Skoal   [little yellow bastards were good]

#60 2009-01-11 12:21:43

Decadence wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

You mean like the other thread where we're discussing our favorite words?

Lamest fucking messiah that I've ever encountered!

Literacy and general perceptiveness might be asking a bit much of me this weekend.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#61 2009-01-11 13:49:46

"Moot," when mispronounced as "mute."

#62 2009-01-11 14:10:23

Blog
Bloggers

#63 2009-01-11 14:13:14

blogosphere

#64 2009-01-11 20:00:01

tojo2000 wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

ok... I'll play

Suddenly?  Welcome to the last couple of decades.

Chinese people generally don't have a problem with -- as long as you're referring to someone/something from China (I'm looking at you, Mexicans).

There you go again, you racist bastard.  Technically the entire land mass is Eur-Asia, which in itself is racism; the land mass should be Asia, not hyphenated and we're all Asian.   The current standard was itself devised to identify the non-whites as separate.

and if you got out more you'd understand that "oriental" is only a bad word in the US, it still works just fine in Europe, etc.

#65 2009-01-11 20:24:28

Emmeran wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

ok... I'll play

Chinese people generally don't have a problem with -- as long as you're referring to someone/something from China (I'm looking at you, Mexicans).

There you go again, you racist bastard.  Technically the entire land mass is Eur-Asia, which in itself is racism; the land mass should be Asia, not hyphenated and we're all Asian.   The current standard was itself devised to identify the non-whites as separate.

and if you got out more you'd understand that "oriental" is only a bad word in the US, it still works just fine in Europe, etc.

1.  So you think that it should be okay to call them "oriental" as a stand against the hypocrisy of the naming of the land mass?  Okay, I'll give you that one then, in support of your principal stand.  Keep fighting the good fight.

2.  Did you just move to the States from a several-decade trip abroad?

#66 2009-01-11 21:29:50

tojo2000 wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

1.  So you think that it should be okay to call them "oriental" as a stand against the hypocrisy of the naming of the land mass?  Okay, I'll give you that one then, in support of your principal stand.  Keep fighting the good fight.

2.  Did you just move to the States from a several-decade trip abroad?

1. Oriental meaning "From the East", as opposed to "Occidental" meaning "From the West".  I'm sorry, where is the racism here?  I can't see it for the ignorance of political correctness.

2.  You are truly an idiot; oriental is still a commonally used definition for individuals from the Far East.  Hence the monikor.

#67 2009-01-11 22:21:58

Horseonovich.

#68 2009-01-12 13:07:47

Come on guys, you're missing

multicultural
conversate (* as anything other than an abomination*)
dialogue (as a verb)
workshop (as a verb)
success (as in "we at So and So Shit School are Committed and Here To Conversate With You and Have Meaningful Dialogue About The Success Of Our Multicultural Student Body") (let's workshop it!)

#69 2009-01-12 18:29:46

Artisanal

Foodie

Yummy

#70 2009-01-12 18:41:15

Taint wrote:

Artisanal

Foodie

Yummy

Don't you mean "Yumm-O"?

With you on "foodie," though I've never heard an actual human being use the word.

#71 2009-01-12 18:51:02

George Orr wrote:

Taint wrote:

Artisanal

Foodie

Yummy

Don't you mean "Yumm-O"?

With you on "foodie," though I've never heard an actual human being use the word.

You must miss the Saturday morning "foodie" shows on your local NPR, scheduled to prevent dead air between the news and when the music guys are finished with their bong hits.

#72 2009-01-12 18:58:34

Well, I did specify "actual human beings."

#73 2009-01-12 19:22:43

Cerveza wrote:

Pacifically for specifically
Supposably for supposedly

I heard two barristas in Starbucks refer to a new girl as being "Starbuckian".  Meaning she had potential to be good company material.

#74 2009-01-12 19:24:38

phreddy wrote:

Cerveza wrote:

Pacifically for specifically
Supposably for supposedly

I heard two barristas in Starbucks refer to a new girl as being "Starbuckian".  Meaning she had potential to be good company material.

That reminds me:  Systematic for systemic.

#75 2009-01-12 20:03:01

"En case" or "encase" rather than "in case." I've seen this one used by people who really should know better.

#76 2009-01-12 21:38:50

karenw wrote:

"En case" or "encase" rather than "in case." I've seen this one used by people who really should know better.

Well, hell, in that case: Morons who use "of" rather than "have" as in "I should of filled his rectum with kumquats but the artichokes were closer".

#77 2009-01-12 21:41:08

Taint wrote:

karenw wrote:

Well, hell, in that case: Morons who use "of" rather than "have" as in "I should of filled his rectum with kumquats but the artichokes were closer".

You know, I used to see those questions on the standardized tests when I was a kid and wonder who would make that mistake, but I've started to see it more and more lately.  That doesn't even make sense.  I guess it's just a habit once you get into it.

#78 2009-01-15 22:44:17

Carbon footprints (and Carbon offsets).

Slow food.

#79 2009-01-15 23:27:45

sic

karenw wrote:

When  people say "For all intensive purposes..."  I saw the resume of an Ivy-school grad, top 3% of his law school, have that exact phrase front and center.  My firm decided to pay him a starting sal of 125K....God I should have sold out LONG ago.

Board footer

cruelery.com